• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,442

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Can’t believe I’ve just scrolled through page after page about drug abuse, mental health and Gary ****ing Cahill.

Some of you guys need to relax take a step away from the internet.

Koscielny out is inevitable and the club no that they need a new CB and Mustafi out. I think that’s why Chambers confirmed to training ground lunatic about staying at Arsenal and his pre tour #COYG Instagram post - Emery has told him he is in the squad.

Sokratis
New CB
Holding
Chambers
Mavropanos or Bielik

Just be done with it already. ****ing transfer windows.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Is there even any point following the team this pre-season just to watch the kids? Like a bunch of nonces.

Reactions: A_G

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I listened to Ornstein on arsecast and he didn’t say anything we don’t already know (apart from the Ziyech bit). I might have forgotten something but from what I remember.

• Saliba the only transfer that’s close (he said small details being finalised in the contracts).
  • Tierney is being pursued but we haven’t made a bid since the first one.
  • Zaha is very unlikely to happen unless something drastic changes with our finances. Palace don’t want the players mentioned (Elneny/Chambers/Jenkinson) included in any deal.
  • He’s seen the speculation about Malcom and Fraser as alternatives for Zaha and thinks the Malcom stuff makes sense because of previous interest. In terms of Fraser he speculates we don’t want him at the price he’s available for.
  • Midfielder he doesn’t know of any specific targets and thinks the Lemina stuff is player/agent driven.
  • He said again that we’re trying to bring in a CB for next season (didn’t mention any names).
All in all a bit rubbish. Ornstein is probably wishing the bald fraud was still at Arsenal.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I listened to Ornstein on arsecast and he didn’t say anything we don’t already know (apart from the Ziyech bit). I might have forgotten something but from what I remember.

• Saliba the only transfer that’s close (he said small details being finalised in the contracts).
  • Tierney is being pursued but we haven’t made a bid since the first one.
  • Zaha is very unlikely to happen unless something drastic changes with our finances. Palace don’t want the players mentioned (Elneny/Chambers/Jenkinson) included in any deal.
  • He’s seen the speculation about Malcom and Fraser as alternatives for Zaha and thinks the Malcom stuff makes sense because of previous interest. In terms of Fraser he speculates we don’t want him at the price he’s available for.
  • Midfielder he doesn’t know of any specific targets and thinks the Lemina stuff is player/agent driven.
  • He said again that we’re trying to bring in a CB for next season (didn’t mention any names).
All in all a bit rubbish. Ornstein is probably wishing the bald fraud was still at Arsenal.

Orni surely ain't the god tier anymore since Gazidis or some other insight member has left, but he probably still got solid sources when he says those things, there will most likely be a lot of truth in it. It also kinda makes sense by just having followed the narratives and business/non-business that we've made so far.

If Palace would've accepted any player in part exchange we would know by now. Quite obvious is that, if they don't, Zaha's off anyways.

Gotta look elsewhere now. Tierney should also either gather pace immediately or I expect us to intensify our efforts for another LB. Raul said they are fully prepared for this window with a lot of plans, so they should know exactly who to try next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom