• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I dunno feel there’s a ceiling with how good you can be with him as your main man.

He’s fine but you’re not challenging at the top with him up front. It’s telling Tuchel has kept going to Werner and even Giroud ahead of him.
It's telling that Tammy is still their top scorer after being exiled for more than two months. Many on here fancy Toney, Watkins, DCL but tell me what do they offer that Tammy doesn't? He's fairly quick, tall, great link up play and has all the tools to be a fantastic CF. He does go missing sometimes but he had 15 PL goals last season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's telling that Tammy is still their top scorer after being exiled for more than two months. Many on here fancy Toney, Watkins, DCL but tell me what do they offer that Tammy doesn't? He's fairly quick, tall, great link up play and has all the tools to be a fantastic CF. He does go missing sometimes but he had 15 PL goals last season.

I think the other three are far above him technically and in the air but Watkins and Toney aren’t as good finishing. DCL though is a different class in the air and with finishing. He’s a pure goal scorer but wins almost every duel as well as top pressing and holding the ball up well.

Tammy could cost crazy money for what he actually gives you which is a serviceable poacher, his technical ability and link up stuff isn’t enough for a top shelf striker and while he’ll get you 10+ goals of poacher finishes a season that’s all he’ll do for you.

Sort of limits you as a team which is why Tuchel seems so keen to move him on even though he’ll continue to score goals over his career.

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I think the other three are far above him technically and in the air but Watkins and Toney aren’t as good finishing. DCL though is a different class in the air and with finishing. He’s a pure goal scorer but wins almost every duel as well as top pressing and holding the ball up well.

Tammy could cost crazy money for what he actually gives you which is a serviceable poacher, his technical ability and link up stuff isn’t enough for a top shelf striker and while he’ll get you 10+ goals of poacher finishes a season that’s all he’ll do for you.

Sort of limits you as a team which is why Tuchel seems so keen to move him on even though he’ll continue to score goals over his career.
Yeah I don't agree with the assessment that he's just a serviceable poacher and I think he will be a lot cheaper than the number you put out. Also don't agree that his technical ability isn't up to scratch.

Here's what an AM favourite had to say:
In a Q&A session on his Instagram, Grealish wrote about Tammy: “Unbelievable. Couldn’t believe how good he was with the ball for how tall he is. Loved playing with him.”

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Ramsey coming back in the summer?

He is a good player at Juventus.

See his impact in the playing time:

He didn't declined that much too, still a good player.

For free or very low price would be a good buy, specially because Arsenal lacks of decent midfielders.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Flamengo seem to be in some small financial trouble given their overall wage bill. There's talks about them cashing in on some younger-ish players and some other Vinicius Jr. type deals.

Watch the Gerson space get a bit heated when the window opens.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I dunno feel there’s a ceiling with how good you can be with him as your main man.

He’s fine but you’re not challenging at the top with him up front. It’s telling Tuchel has kept going to Werner and even Giroud ahead of him.
He is but not '60mil good'..
Tammy is actually good though. :facepalm:
I can guarantee you he is not good for a team in top clubs based on my standard on striker. He’s average in his hold up play. I think the good thing about him is he‘s good with his movement in the box to score tap in. However, his hold up play is terrible. I rate DCL above him.

Beside, he’s Chelsea player and will be a Chelsea reject. Haven’t you not have enough with Chelsea rejects?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I can guarantee you he is not good for a team in top clubs based on my standard on striker. He’s average in his hold up play. I think the good thing about him is he‘s good with his movement in the box to score tap in. However, his hold up play is terrible. I rate DCL above him.

Beside, he’s Chelsea player and will be a Chelsea reject. Haven’t you not have enough with Chelsea rejects?
His hold up play is one of his best strengths? He's quite good technically. His fault is that he's poor in the air and doesn't leverage his size enough. He hasn't been given the trust and the main man role at a club and is still raw imo. I see bags of potential when I watch Tammy. Him being this poacher is some myth concocted on here and I would actually take a few Chelsea "rejects" - Fikayo Tomori, Tammy Abraham, Billy Gilmour and Reece James (he is still playing but is rarely starting).

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
His hold up play is one of his best strengths? He's quite good technically. His fault is that he's poor in the air and doesn't leverage his size enough. He hasn't been given the trust and the main man role at a club and is still raw imo. I see bags of potential when I watch Tammy. Him being this poacher is some myth concocted on here and I would actually take a few Chelsea "rejects" - Fikayo Tomori, Tammy Abraham, Billy Gilmour and Reece James (he is still playing but is rarely starting).

You will regret it if you buy him in my opinion. You can quote this again when he scores 20 plus league goals per season in the traditional top 6 clubs, not in mid table or lesser ones but the traditional 6. In my opinion his talent will be Everton, west ham, Aston Villa at best.

Reece James is not reject, he’s being rotated well by Tuchel. Gilmour is still a prospect.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Tariq Lamptey that everyone is creaming over is another Chelsea “reject”.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You will regret it if you buy him in my opinion. You can quote this again when he scores 20 plus league goals per season in the traditional top 6 clubs, not in mid table or lesser ones but the traditional 6. In my opinion his talent will be Everton, west ham, Aston Villa at best.

Reece James is not reject, he’s being rotated well by Tuchel. Gilmour is still a prospect.
@MutableEarth said it and I can't get it out of my head but he's like an Adebayor. Wouldn't mind that profile and giving him a crack. He's better than Eddie and Lacazette will move on this summer. I don't think he would be as terribly expensive as made out to be and I think we could recoup any fee if he was to disappoint given he's English and his profile. I do prefer DCL as well but he would cost at least 70M at this point.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really don't get if we not in Europe we won't attract plsyers. What players did we attracts being in Europe? Xhaka Willian Lacazette Torreira? Apart from Partey auba we absolutely signed no one worth to be excited about and that the reason we are midtable now our squad is full of midtable or decent at best players we build the squad so wrong time to wake the hell up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom