• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 741,281
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The only downside with Kudus is Dutch league signings rarely work lately even midget martinez had his struggles and Ajax will ask for lot of money. When I watched him in world cup i was impressed by many things his workrate pace dribbling

Mudi

The only downside with Kudus is Dutch league signings rarely work lately even midget martinez had his struggles and Ajax will ask for lot of money. When I watched him in world cup i was impressed by many things his workrate pace dribbling

If the deal is done by the beginning of July, €50m would be a fair price. However in august it will be €70m and when Man utd arrive at the last week of the transfer window, it will be €100m.

However rather Kudus than Mount tbh.

Kuroske

I’ve never watched him but can give my opinion if you want?
I don't watch alot of Ajax domestically, but from the Dutch media I can say that he is:

1) Injury prone: if he already gets injured in a league that is not famous for its fysical games, he will see his physio more than Arteta. Getting tired of having more Partey or Tomiyasu 2.0 in the squad.
20/21: 21 games missed
21/22: 11 games missed
22/23: 6 games missed

2) Mentality: he is a lazy player who does not press and only pretends to play defence. We need a player on the midfield to both defence and offence. He will cost us many goals.

3) Off field: he refused to train with the team after Ajax refused to sell him in January. What does it say about his personality? To let him teammates down for some financial gain reminds me of Adebayor.

4) Africa Cup: we will miss him for 1 month in 2024

Bloodbather

Established Member

I don't watch alot of Ajax domestically, but from the Dutch media I can say that he is:

1) Injury prone: if he already gets injured in a league that is not famous for its fysical games, he will see his physio more than Arteta. Getting tired of having more Partey or Tomiyasu 2.0 in the squad.
20/21: 21 games missed
21/22: 11 games missed
22/23: 6 games missed

2) Mentality: he is a lazy player who does not press and only pretends to play defence. We need a player on the midfield to both defence and offence. He will cost us many goals.

3) Off field: he refused to train with the team after Ajax refused to sell him in January. What does it say about his personality? To let him teammates down for some financial gain reminds me of Adebayor.

4) Africa Cup: we will miss him for 1 month in 2024
Regarding points 2 and 3, maybe he's just not motivated to play for Ajax in the Eredivisie? Certainly didn't seem lazy playing for Ghana and when they were in the CL.

Kuroske

Regarding points 2 and 3, maybe he's just not motivated to play for Ajax in the Eredivisie? Certainly didn't seem lazy playing for Ghana and when they were in the CL.

If he can't be motivated to play and give his best against Groningen (Eredivisie), he will not be better against Luton Town on a cold rainy day. He gets paid by Ajax to give his best on games where there are no scouts watching him on the stands unlike at big stages as CL and WC. His is only showing those "workrate" to fool those scouts.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Good idea.....Martinelli needs an understudy.

Glad to see you've moved on from fantasising over that wastrel Leao anyway......Shame you're going to have to make do with with Rice and Mount though :lol:

Better get that waaaambulance ready, I certainly am going to be in need of it when Mount lands his massive schnozz at Colney :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

The serious targets seems to be Rount and Gundogan anyways. Weaker links to Caicedo and Kudus who could be alternatives.

Seems Arsenal don't see Rice as an 8.

As a starch accompaniment to stews, I'd say about a 10. Don't mind me though, I'm biased :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Why would we bid for Caicedo in Jan and not in the summer? I think he's our #1 target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom