• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 742,257
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Mac Allister is just a Buendia regen.

Except he’s not though is he. Completely different players. Mac Allister was one of Argentina’s best performers at the World Cup while Buendia can’t even make the squad. Mac Allister has also performed consistently well in the PL whilst the jury is still out on Buendia.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think its sometimes being aware that it's not black and white with players. They aren't good or bad. A lot is dependent on their system and who they are surrounded by.

We can see it with our own players. Martinelli looks better when Trossard or Jesus play CF. Jorginho looks extremely comfortable in our set up.

Rice has Creswell at left back, Soucek in midfield and Antonio up front. I listened to a podcast about Trossard from a Brighton perspective before we signed him. Apparently he struggled at false 9. His ball control wasn't good enough. He was just a good finisher and if he didn't score he struggled to impact the game. Is that the case with us?

Rice next to Partey, Zinchenko, Ødegaard and so on will go up levels instantly. He plays to a high level inspite of West Ham being poor. Honestly, you'd think we have learnt from White and Ramsdale by now. People still turning their noses up.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I think its sometimes being aware that it's not black and white with players. They aren't good or bad. A lot is dependent on their system and who they are surrounded by.

We can see it with our own players. Martinelli looks better when Trossard or Jesus play CF. Jorginho looks extremely comfortable in our set up.

Rice has Creswell at left back, Soucek in midfield and Antonio up front. I listened to a podcast about Trossard from a Brighton perspective before we signed him. Apparently he struggled at false 9. His ball control wasn't good enough. He was just a good finisher and if he didn't score he struggled to impact the game. Is that the case with us?

Rice next to Partey, Zinchenko, Ødegaard and so on will go up levels instantly. He plays to a high level inspite of West Ham being poor. Honestly, you'd think we have learnt from White and Ramsdale by now. People still turning their noses up.

This never ceases to amaze me. I fell in love with Arsenal because the team back then had a certain English quality to it & the aggression/physicality was a draw for me as it mirrored my own style of play.

Football is global but Arsenal is an English club & should strive to have the best players of all nationalities but with a decidedly excellent British core.

Rice, West Ham's best player by a considerable distance, will grow exponentially with coaching under Tets.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I haven't seen any indication so far that Arteta is willing to part ways with Xhaka. Not that I don't agree with you, but might be the case we are not gonna invest in CM as many expect here

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If they’re as close to Bellingham as the Madrid media thinks, I wonder if Camavinga is expendable.

Valverde has played half of his games as a RW this season according to Transfermarkt.

Camavinga has a long contract so I doubt they will get rid. It's Real Madrid anyway, they are bound to have great depth.

Reactions: A_G

ChefMan21

This never ceases to amaze me. I fell in love with Arsenal because the team back then had a certain English quality to it & the aggression/physicality was a draw for me as it mirrored my own style of play.

Football is global but Arsenal is an English club & should strive to have the best players of all nationalities but with a decidedly excellent British core.

Rice, West Ham's best player by a considerable distance, will grow exponentially with coaching under Tets.
People are irrational sometimes - they want a great English core but won't sign the best English players of the day because <insert feelpinion here>. Don't try to make sense of it...

lomekian

Essays are my thing
For me Brandt is the player Arsenal fans hope ESR becomes. Similar styles with Brandt being a clear upgrade when it comes to staying involved in the build up.
ESR scored more goals last season than Brandt has in any season in his career. Brandt is good, but not worth buying now we have Trossard unless we are giving up on ESR. Brandt also goes missing when the going gets tough

Synical

Miss Superstitious

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Real Madrid are after him apparently
Anyone seen the guy? Seems like a AM, would not make sense imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom