• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Was linked with Inter last year aswell. Pretty good talent. Reminds me of TJJ - good all-rounder, not the most clinical but very good on the ball. A more first team comparison example would be FIrmino.

I watched him in the Copa Libertadores final and he didn't stand out, although tbf no one stood out, it was a terrible game. His comps aren't all that either, although maybe he's better than what I saw. I tell you who's interesting, the boy Kyle Joseph we were linked to, he looks very good in his comps, looks like a CF who could put himself about, and his contract is up in the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Oyarzabal actually very decent player Merino is midtable la liga player won't improve us much.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Oyarzabal release clause only 45m euros. Not sure we'll pay that much on winger we need RB CM improvements and quick the only positions we should spend heavily in it

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We can’t afford guys like Lamptey, wish some of you would stop.

He can’t play in a back 4 anyway.

We'll be able to afford him when we sell Guendouzi and Bellerin for £40m each haven't you been paying attention?

Iceman10

Established Member
Whatever buys Edu and Arteta are planning I imagine will be quite dependent on sales. I hope the club is organised to seal sales of Bellerin, Laca, Guendouzi, Torreira, and more pretty much as soon as the window opens which means talks with buying clubs are going on right now. Without this it will be tough to get sales done early in the transfer window and that likely will delay when money is available for big buys, such as CAM, CM, CF (replacement for Laca), maybe LB also (if we sell AMN as well as Bellerin).

Harz

Whatever buys Edu and Arteta are planning I imagine will be quite dependent on sales. I hope the club is organised to seal sales of Bellerin, Laca, Guendouzi, Torreira, and more pretty much as soon as the window opens which means talks with buying clubs are going on right now. Without this it will be tough to get sales done early in the transfer window and that likely will delay when money is available for big buys, such as CAM, CM, CF (replacement for Laca), maybe LB also (if we sell AMN as well as Bellerin).
Euros will delay the transfer business quite a bit too

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we accept things are going to be tough in the summer and there won’t be many signings for us, for various reasons, it’s still gives Arteta a window to bring back Saliba, Guendouzi, and develop them alongside Martinelli etc, integrate them into the team and finish top 6.

Top 6 next season, with a new potential young core of Saliba, Gabriel, Guendouzi, Saka, Martinelli, ESR etc, is good going I think.

Blaziken

If we accept things are going to be tough in the summer and there won’t be many signings for us, for various reasons, it’s still gives Arteta a window to bring back Saliba, Guendouzi, and develop them alongside Martinelli etc, integrate them into the team and finish top 6.

Top 6 next season, with a new potential young core of Saliba, Gabriel, Guendouzi, Saka, Martinelli, ESR etc, is good going I think.
hhh Arteta will get rid of them all except ESR and Gabriel. He won't get top 8 let alone 6th next year

Arsenal in Aus

I don't know much about either Merino or Oyarzabal, but they have both played recently for the national team. Given that team is Spain, surely that is an indication of at least some quality. Obviously more to it that than, and who knows if these rumours have any basis in fact, but maybe they're not plodders.

Iceman10

Established Member
That’s my fear, we’ll try to sell all the young guys and spent it on crap Spanish plodders.

Most at A-M at this point from what I gather are fine with selling Guendouzi if there is a willing buyer. As you probably know his loan spell in Germany has confirmed some attitude issues and it appears he needs another year at least to get beyond them. He can do that all at another club, we will make some profit on what we paid for him anyway, and regardless I doubt either Arsenal or the player want to bother with a contract renewal either.

African Flair

The question is more, why would Guendouzi accept a sale so close to the contract expiring. For him, especially if relations with the club has broken down, it will surely be better to just see the contract through. All he has to do is just accept another loan, and wait it out.
If he refuse to be sold just because he wants to get paid as a bosman, simply don't loan him out or just takes the calls from Russia etc. Cant have a arrogant kid like him dictate the club ffs.

Best scenario would be he and Arteta have a sit down and get a long but don't think Arteta is very keen on him as a person and I can't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom