• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

Almost July and still no movement.
Mission "around 10 players out and 5-6 in" starting to look like a mountain to climb.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arsenal have gradually dropped down the table since Holding arrived. He's been here for 5 years and I can count the amount of top top level performances he's had on my left hand.

I think we'll do most things we need to do this summer, including signing creativity and CM's. But wether its White, Saliba or someone else, we need to upgrade on Holding. He's one of those guys, bit like Elneny where they'll give you 5 or 6/10 performances every single week and then they'll have a handful of 2/10's and a handful of 8/10's.

I don't think Holding, Bellerin, Xhaka and guys like that are top 6 players unless you have world class players everywhere else.

Improve on them all, sort the holes out that are in the squad, and away you go.

Why

Always Me ?
I still can't read Troopz posts without hearing yougetmefam after every sentence. Who had the name first the guy from AFTV or AM Troopz o_O

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@BigPoppaPump any response?

Completely unrelated, but guys, I'm taking bets for an unspecified fighting event in a fortnight. It's named Holding out for a Hero.

DM if interested.
I'll put a thousand quid on @truth_hurts. Anything can happen in these events, I am expecting Mark Tobias to receive the coordinates and a brawl to ensue shortly after.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Fksake where are the transfers, thought things were finally 'heating up' the other day. I swear Edu is just watching the matches and eating Tapas

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Benny and Rubencito has the best stats of the tournament according to Edu recruitment technics!!

We need more expensive players capable of that!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_155556.jpg
    IMG_20210622_155556.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 13

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
There is a crazy kind of sense to us going for Sterling and out of all the possible City exits it's the one I think is most likely. It would show ambition for Arsenal and we'd be getting a top class player in his prime (albeit coming off a bad season).

It's not the profile that I think we should be aiming for ideally, but if you could be sure that he'd be motivated then Sterling would take our attack up a level with a similar or greater impact to Grealish potentially. His numbers are insane and people have continuously underestimated Sterling as well.

Recent form aside he brings goals at a similar level to Sanchez and is proven in the league. I'm not sure that Sterling and Aubameyang would work so well together, but with Laca's hold up play and Pepe or Saka we should move up a gear from last season.

It will be interesting to see what happens with City later in the window. They are almost at that peak Real Madrid stage where the shiny new toy forces out what's there already. Buyer beware, but with Arteta's links to the club who knows.

Tomb Bombadil

I think for now we have a balanced squad and enough players. We have decent squad but we miss top quality. And we have not enough money to compete with the big fish.

So we have to sell first before we can buy. And then I hope we just buy "top" players or young promising ones. I hope we're taking a similar approach to Dortmund because otherwise we not gonna catch up.

Out list: Xhaka, Willian, Elneny, Bellerin, Nketiah, Lacazette, Holding/Chambers/Mari, Torreira, Guendouzi, AMN?

Depending on who we can sell we invest.

So if we can sell Bellerin you buy a new RB starter.
If we can sell Elneny you keep Willock or you pull up a new young gun or buy a new prospect.
If we can sell Lacazette you give the chance to Martinelli/Balogun.

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
There is a crazy kind of sense to us going for Sterling and out of all the possible City exits it's the one I think is most likely. It would show ambition for Arsenal and we'd be getting a top class player in his prime (albeit coming off a bad season).

It's not the profile that I think we should be aiming for ideally, but if you could be sure that he'd be motivated then Sterling would take our attack up a level with a similar or greater impact to Grealish potentially. His numbers are insane and people have continuously underestimated Sterling as well.

Recent form aside he brings goals at a similar level to Sanchez and is proven in the league. I'm not sure that Sterling and Aubameyang would work so well together, but with Laca's hold up play and Pepe or Saka we should move up a gear from last season.

It will be interesting to see what happens with City later in the window. They are almost at that peak Real Madrid stage where the shiny new toy forces out what's there already. Buyer beware, but with Arteta's links to the club who knows.
Sterling is quite a wasteful attacker, though, isn't he? It's not such an issue because City plays such beautiful attacking football, but we barely create chances as stands. Would definitely need more creativity in the side. Also, I agree he probably doesn't work that well with Auba. I would sell Laca regardless, though, because he isn't good enough. It would be interesting to sell Auba & Laca and buy a starting striker who has a complete profile and combine him with Sterling. Not sure who that would be. I like DCL a lot, but surely we can't afford both (would be a great madness summer, though). Perhaps Jesus and do a double at City if they get Kane. I rate him, but he always disappoints in output. Perhaps Isak, who does seem to be able to do a lot with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom