• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ngl, I don't wanna go all @HairSprayGooners here but it probably is a pretty difficult window to get stuff done. Everyone wants an AM and a forward but they're seriously expensive and difficult deals to do and at the same time I don't want lesser players coming in and us ending be stuck with more players not good enough and who we'll struggle to sell

I think we will wait for the right opportunity but sadly I believe the bulk of our work is done. Arteta might actually have to become a proper manager and use the likes of Willock.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Also I swear to god if one more person mentions us playing 3 at the back...

You do not get sustained success playing 3 at the back. No top team in world football has played 3 at the back on a consistent basis over many years and been good/won titles.

We. Are. Never. Playing. 3. At. The. Back. Again. Stop. Putting. Us. In. Formations. With. 3. Defenders!!!!

Cruyff's dream team played a 343 diamond, Ajax dominated European football under Van Gaal with a bunch of kids using the same system, I think they went a whole season unbeaten in every competition.
Conte dominated Italian football at Juve playing three at the back, he also won the Premier League playing three at the back, they (Chelsea) were really stuggling in a four, got hammered by us then he went to a three and they went on some mad run and walked it.
He then went back to Italy and won it again , Chelsea just won the Champions League playing three at the back knocking out Real Madrid and the 'unbeatable' Man City.
Gasperini has performed miracles at Atalanta using a 3421 system, if you watch videos of Guardiola's all conquering Barcelona team they played a back three in possession, Alves goes to right wing, Pique to right centre back and Abidal stays back on the left.
He has done the same thing at City, there is nothing wrong with three at the back provided you have the right players and a manager who knows what he's doing.
We're lacking at least one of those.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ngl, I don't wanna go all @HairSprayGooners here but it probably is a pretty difficult window to get stuff done. Everyone wants an AM and a forward but they're seriously expensive and difficult deals to do and at the same time I don't want lesser players coming in and us ending be stuck with more players not good enough and who we'll struggle to sell

I think we will wait for the right opportunity but sadly I believe the bulk of our work is done. Arteta might actually have to become a proper manager and use the likes of Willock.
Must be the only one here who doesn’t think we need a forward unless one of them leaves.

Auba, Pepe, Martinelli, Laca, Saka and Willian would be the envy of most clubs in the Prem. What we need is a world class midfield behind them and a decent manager.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Once again we are suffering from bein indecisive and don’t really know where we want to go. As usual we will be the most frantic club last week contacting host of players

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
But do you not think it's incredibly dumb to get Onana in early? Considering he can't play. It has deadline day deal written all over it tbh.

Why is it dumb? Other clubs can need a GK and hijack this deal.

Secure the deal early, especially that it's a cheap and easy one to make.

We'll look so dumb when he gonna sign somewhere else and we gonna pay much more for a Ramsdale or whoever else we're scouting.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
As many have put it, this window is a perfect reflection of what Arsenal is right now. A club full of good intentions, but that lacks execution.

Just look at the profile of player (or lack thereof) we are going for our main positions. Ode and Maddison, Martinez and Tammy.

Hell, even Ramsdale. Other then being homegrown he doesn't fit the "modern keeper" mold we seem to be looking for.

Feels like the major plan was to bring the level of the bench up and a Luiz replacement.

Problem is, we need needle movers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

As many have put it, this window is a perfect reflection of what Arsenal is right now. A club full of good intentions, but that lacks execution.

Just look at the profile of player (or lack thereof) we are going for our main positions. Ode and Maddison, Martinez and Tammy.

Hell, even Ramsdale. Other then being homegrown he doesn't fit the "modern keeper" mold we seem to be looking for.

Feels like the major plan was to bring the level of the bench up and a Luiz replacement.

Problem is, we need needle movers.
More of confused club. We are all over the place. A well run club has clear targets entering the window and try to execute them.
why the hell are they still waiting for Ødegaard two months after he left? Should have had clear answer first week and move on. Being the busiest team last week of window is sign of being poorly run

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We’re finished as a big club. Time to accept it, people need to stop hoping for someone to buy Kroenke out. We’re a midtable side with rivals such as Everton & Villa.
Their owners actually invest so expect them to overtake us once our ‘big club’ factor wears away and they finally get past that mental block of not having been top PL clubs.

• Cry
Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
Their owners actually invest so expect them to overtake us once our ‘big club’ factor wears away and they finally get past that mental block of not having been top PL clubs.
Villa are the ones Ive most been impressed with. Built a decent side & spent well. Don’t think Grealish leaving will hurt them as much as people think. Might take a few months for them to gell but I fully expect them to be taking points off us once they do.

Honestly we need to accept what we are, a midtable side. Once we all manage that , coping with poor results and celebrating the occasional couple of wins on the bounce will be much nicer/easier.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Villa are the ones Ive most been impressed with. Built a decent side & spent well. Don’t think Grealish leaving will hurt them as much as people think. Might take a few months for them to gell but I fully expect them to be taking points off us once they do.

Honestly we need to accept what we are, a midtable side. Once we all manage that coping with poor results and celebrating the occasional couple of wins on the bounce will be much nicer/easier.
I think we need to apply that to our transfer window moves too. We keep getting hung up trying to sign big players on massive wages and it’s having a negative effect on our squad.

Sign 21-25 year olds who have a lot to prove rather than 28+ year old mercenaries. We shouldn’t have renewed Auba or Özil and shouldn’t have signed Pepe or Saliba money wise.

Imo we should be operating like a rich Leicester in the way we approach the window, rather than a poor mans United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom