• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ironically they say "among" which you didn't get.

But Bellerin should fetch £25M, Willock is £20M, Nketiah around £10-15M, AMN an easy £15M. So there alone you have £75M in the what I would class as "easy" players to sell.

After that Chambers, Guendouzi, Torreira, Lacazette and Mavropanos will maybe fetch you a further £40M if you can find buyers. And that's being very conservative on the price.
I know they said 'among,' genius. The fact is we aren't going to raise 124m in the transfer market. With these players. You're playing too much FM if you really believe what you're saying. A lot of clubs will tighten their purse strings again this summer. I don't see clubs paying anywhere close to those sum for these players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I know they said 'among,' genius. The fact is we aren't going to raise 124m in the transfer market. With these players. You're playing too much FM if you really believe what you're saying. A lot of clubs will tighten their purse strings again this summer. I don't see clubs paying anywhere close to those sum for these players.

Those sums are bottom of the barrel stuff lets be real here, the only higher price is Willock and that's been taken from the media recently as the price it would take.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Every summer it’s the same thing, we’re going to get 25m for this player, 30m for that player etc and then they end up departing on loan during the last few days of the window.

Remember when some thought we’d get 25m for that midget Torreira? And 10m for Kolasinac?

:lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I like Eddie and hope he has a good career somewhere else but he really hasn't played enough games for me to think any club would invest significant money on him right now. Could be perhaps looking at a loan plus option to buy, the same could be said of Nelson who's not played since January.

Can't see us getting decent money for Bellerin either given that you could say he's possibly 3rd choice RB for us now and his form has been average this season. Who's going to pay £20 odd million for our backup when you could add a bit more for someone like Hakimi? Laca is on big wages with a year to go, not the type of situation teams are going to be rushing to spend decent money on either. Torreira will be another loanee considering he wants to go back to South America.

If we had a recent history of getting good fees on players I'd be more inclined to believe it but who was the last player we even made good money on, Iwobi?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Every summer it’s the same thing, we’re going to get 25m for this player, 30m for that player etc and then they end up departing on loan during the last few days of the window.

Remember when some thought we’d get 25m for that midget Torreira? And 10m for Kolasinac?

:lol:

We were going to get those sums tbf...

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Balogun signing means Nketiah is definitely leaving, that's clear. So what about the other forwards, do you sell Laca and buy another striker? That kinda blocks Martinelli and Balogun. Do you sell Laca, just have Auba, Martinelli and Balogun and reinvest elsewhere? Or do you keep Laca even if he leaves on a free, and have that extra experience for a year while Martinelli and Balogun gain more experience?

I think a strong aerial presence at CF would be handy, but I also think a really good LW would be handy. So I have no idea. I definitely think we should try to buy Ødegaard. Maybe just concentrate funds on that and getting a quality CM, and sort out the full-back situations.
This is a puzzle that I don't in the least expect fools like Edu and Arteta to figure out. We really need a proper DoF for making these types of decisions.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So many players I’d like to see sold in the summer, talking close to 20 out of a 30 man squad. :shivering:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I agree with basically everyone that chasing a new CB is just silly when Saliba's right there. But even if they decide they want one, i'm not even sure who they'd go for? It'd have to be someone quite experienced, late 20's or early 30's. The only name that comes to mind is Koulibaly, and it doesn't seem sensible to spend that much on a defender when what we need is midfielders and fullbacks.

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
I need to watch more AC Milan games to judge his attacking/offensive attributes, but defensively, Davide Calabria is so solid. Would love to have him as a right back and Bellerin’s replacement, assuming we are getting rid of Bellerin this summer.

He’s fairly young (turned 24 this past December) and Transfermarkt lists his value as $27.5 million. Would be a great buy.

Unfortunately, Italian players rarely leave Serie A for the Premier League. He also came from A.C. Milan’s academy, so I doubt he’d want to leave.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I agree with basically everyone that chasing a new CB is just silly when Saliba's right there. But even if they decide they want one, i'm not even sure who they'd go for? It'd have to be someone quite experienced, late 20's or early 30's. The only name that comes to mind is Koulibaly, and it doesn't seem sensible to spend that much on a defender when what we need is midfielders and fullbacks.
Gabriel, Mari, Holding, Saliba, Mavropanos. Two solid options when used correctly and three talents. In a "rebuild" phase. Beyond struggling to understand why anyone would waste money on a CB with such a roster to develop your own top CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom