• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They spent money last year. Gabriel and Partey are good signings as was MØ.

Question is does anyone expect Arteta to actually get anything out of these players?

Unless we’re signing Neymar, Hakimi and Haaland I’m sceptical that we’ll actually see much improvement even if they spend £200M.
Even if it won't work with mikel we have to make alot of improvements

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Even if it won't work with mikel we have to make alot of improvements

Where are the mistakes in recruitment the last couple of years beyond Willian, Cedric and Mari who cost almost nothing?

The big money players we’ve signed are quality individuals. Beyond a new RB and a creative midfielder (which we already addressed with MØ) I don’t see these massive holes in the squad.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
They spent money last year. Gabriel and Partey are good signings as was MØ.

Question is does anyone expect Arteta to actually get anything out of these players?

Unless we’re signing Neymar, Hakimi and Haaland I’m sceptical that we’ll actually see much improvement even if they spend £200M.
He'd have Neymar playing LWB like Auba does and Haaland would be dropping deep to the centre circle and I'm only half joking. Even Hakimi doesn't fit the description of the type of RB he'd want when you really think about it since Bellerin spends most of his time cutting into midfield.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Where are the mistakes in recruitment the last couple of years beyond Willian, Cedric and Mari who cost almost nothing?

The big money players we’ve signed are quality individuals. Beyond a new RB and a creative midfielder (which we already addressed with MØ) I don’t see these massive holes in the squad.

A new central midfielder and a back up Tierney. Probably a new striker aswell.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

A new central midfielder and a back up Tierney. Probably a new striker aswell.

I mean a back up LB shouldn’t really stop him from have us performing better than we have?

That’s not a huge hole to me. Auba shouldn’t be seen as massively replaceable seeing how elite he’s been for us.

I agree about midfield and I’d probably add that RB and attacking midfielder are the biggest misses but we’re not talking about an absolute diabolical squad.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Overspend on pepe was massively wrong too. If they keep make signings like last summer apart from Willian we in right track

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you want to believe that.

Dude he is going to have to, its different this time. We don't have any European footy, no fans in stadiums. We have no cash within the club to spend, KSE will have to invest there's absolutely no two ways about it. If they don't we won't spend a dime this summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@Rex Banter

I think the problem is more why are we getting Ødegaard on loan? Because Arteta wants him, because he's top of our list? Or because he's the cheaper, easiest option as a loan...

This club shouldn't be loaning players. Man City and bloody Chelsea don't do it. Even Liverpool don't do it.

I think the backup left back is quite a big factor. 3rd most important on my list of needs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Overspend on pepe was massively wrong too. If they keep make signings like last summer apart from Willian we in right track

I mean Pepe is still a good player. Just a massive overpay.

I don’t see these absolute bums in the squad that need replacing. Unless we’re talking Holding and Arteta is fully to blame for him playing every week.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
You mean players like Partey or Gabriel who don't perform and in Gabriel's case can't even make the first eleven?
Both these signings are CL quality Gabriel proven he is very good young defender and mistakes will be there because he not reached full potential. Partey season been distributed with injuries he'll be better next season

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Funny. During the Wenger era the fans urged the club to spend some fvcking money. Today the clubs manager is doing the same thing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm not expecting it to get all done this window. But we need 9 players. This is based on Leno leaving and players like Torreira/Douzi not having a place here.

GK, Ryan, backup LB, RB, two CM's, LW/STR, AM, CB.

Ryan nice and easy one to do as backup keeper. Of course Leno leaving will mean a keeper needs to be signed in the summer. Backup left back should also be a priority. Quality right back and one CM for the starting 11 along with probably two attacking players including a AM.

I think we can expect 6 maybe 7 of those. Confusing part for me is where the **** is Auba going to play. I'm still certain in an ideal world Arteta wants to play 433, striker dropping deep, inverted wingers and then an Aouar type as the LCM instead of an Ødegaard type 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom