• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Glad to see this line of thinking is finally starting to catch on at the club. We've been snobbish for far too long with players from the Championship / unrated leagues like Scotland.

To me we don't need to be signing star players, let's just build a good squad of fairly young, hungry players who are on the up. They tend to have a bit about them mentality and work ethic wise too as they've had to scrap hard to reach a club of Arsenals stature.

Maybe try to make one big name statement signing but the rest should be these sort of profiles.
In the last 20 years we’ve mainly signed the profile you say, lesser known players from lesser leagues or totally unknown guys. We’ve never signed TOP players unless you’re talking Özil, Sanchez and Auba, and they were pure quality.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Transfer times is the disease of the sport. People live for rumors more than what happens on the pitch these Days. #BanTransferWindows

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Are we just posting random tweets from random people all summer again? That's literally just a dude who's been hanging on AM and seen which players people talk about, then put it in a tweet.
He's reliable, don't worry.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When have Championship clubs ever got a MONSTER fee for their players?
I specifically spoke about clubs that are coming back into the PL, like Norwich with Aarons, Buendia etc. With the cash windfall they now have, there is no reason to sell unless it’s a monster fee.

Both of those would be close to 30M or over.

That’s a monster fee unless you’re City, Utd or Chelsea. Would be one of the most expensive signings in our history.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I specifically spoke about clubs that are coming back into the PL, like Norwich with Aarons, Buendia etc. With the cash windfall they now have, there is no reason to sell unless it’s a monster fee.

That’s a monster fee unless you’re City, Utd or Chelsea. Would be one of the most expensive signings in our history.
But you have to remember that a MONSTER fee could be a good investment with some of these players considering the resale value.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tierney is 23 why would a quality young LB come here knowing they won't get in the time for 10 years... if they're 2m and young it's likely they won't even be good enough as backup.

You're right, the only logical solution is to sign a 32 year old on probably high wages. There's simply no other way.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But you have to remember that a MONSTER fee could be a good investment with some of these players considering the resale value.
Im not against these deals, I just don’t know how making bids for a player coming back into the PL makes sense, the selling club is under no pressure to sell at all.

I think these links are bollocks. Most likely we’re signing unknown or left field guys.

Iceman10

Established Member

30m is probably a standard PL fee nowadays anyway. We got more for Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom