• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Banega has more technical ability than all of our central midfielders combined. Shame the club is bankrupt.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Can't believe we're going to need another title change as it's looking like Raul's in charge of us finding other club's rejects now.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

that decision was out of their hands -- but what was not out of their hands was the choice to bring aboard Henrikh Mkhitaryan. The Armenian ended up with a deal worth $11.5m a year through 2021. An Arsenal insider, speaking on condition of anonymity, was hugely pleased, saying: "Of course we're happy ... we got a £70m player in exchange for a guy who didn't want to be here and who would have left nothing. That's much better than whatever small fee United would have paid us."

Get rid of whoever this is asap.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Mkhi is 70M player?
th

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Bet it was that POS Sven talking up another one of his Dortmund signings. No wonder he's being pushed out. Henrikh a 70m player. :lol: What a ****ing joke.

Could also have been Ramsey tbf. :lol: He got rid of Alexis and he found a players more inconsistent than him for supporters to hate.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't believe we're going to need another title change as it's looking like Raul's in charge of us finding other club's rejects now.

You do realise that Raul has actually signed good players. David Villa, Seydou Keita, Jordi Alba, Dani Alves, Pique, Zlatan, Mascherano, Alexis Sanchez, Cesc Fabregas, Jordi Alba, Neymar, Suarez, Ter Stegen.

Obviously he has made signings that haven't worked out, but he has consistently managed to sell players also. Not let them run down their contracts and leave on frees.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
You do realise that Raul has actually signed good players. David Villa, Seydou Keita, Jordi Alba, Dani Alves, Pique, Zlatan, Mascherano, Alexis Sanchez, Cesc Fabregas, Jordi Alba, Neymar, Suarez, Ter Stegen.

Obviously he has made signings that haven't worked out, but he has consistently managed to sell players also. Not let them run down their contracts and leave on frees.

Working for Barcelona vs working for Arsenal.

He'd leave us by summer when he realizes that the budget to trim Kroenke's moustache is more than the summer transfer budget.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kroenke's masterplan:

1. Get rid of Sven.
3. Get some underhand deals done using Raul.
4. Get transfer ban. Fire Raul and Emery
5. Wenger comes back, guides us back into CL with academy graduates.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Gosh, that’s quite a sobering read. Even if all three of those decisions worked out I.e Özil, Mkhi and Auba, we’d still be in a pickle having committed so many funds to three attacking players nearing 30. But only one of them has worked out. Christ. This club will be the death of me.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Be surprised if we signed anyone at this rate. Half way through the window, we have no money, head scout is leaving and Arsenal are arguing over Denis Suarez.

pikey2000

Seems to me as though our first priority is to offload the high earners and free up the wage budget, cover that with loan signings until the end of the season and then with our new found freedom in the wage budget we go into the market for our main targets/more long term solutions in the summer window.

If you think about it; assuming we did sale Özil in addition to Ramsey leaving, Welbeck's contract expiring, Ospina potentially sold, Cech retiring, Elneny sold suddenly our wage bill is going to be dramatically reduced and based on this season none of the above are guaranteed starters for us.

Can see us doing some good business in the summer window once all of the above have been dealt with in one way or another.

Hopefully i'm not being too optimistic.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Seems to me as though our first priority is to offload the high earners and free up the wage budget, cover that with loan signings until the end of the season and then with our new found freedom in the wage budget we go into the market for our main targets/more long term solutions in the summer window.

If you think about it; assuming we did sale Özil in addition to Ramsey leaving, Welbeck's contract expiring, Ospina potentially sold, Cech retiring, Elneny sold suddenly our wage bill is going to be dramatically reduced and based on this season none of the above are guaranteed starters for us.

Can see us doing some good business in the summer window once all of the above have been dealt with in one way or another.

Hopefully i'm not being too optimistic.

Yeah I am optimistic also. I said elsewhere that I am happy enough if nobody comes in this January as long as we free up space and get the spiraling wage bill under control so we actually have some room to grow and build a squad for the medium/long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom