• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Surprised his starting after surgery and four months out. Has he even played in u21 games?
Yeah. Well there are 5 subs and at half-time you can do a free substition. So maybe that's the plan. I would also assume he comes from the bench in his first game.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. Well there are 5 subs and at half-time you can do a free substition. So maybe that's the plan. I would also assume he comes from the bench in his first game.

Is that only for FA Cup, or does it include PL as well? I didn't know that.

drippin

Is that only for FA Cup, or does it include PL as well? I didn't know that.
I'm not sure, but I would assume it's all competitions this season. Hope someone knows?

You have 3 times to sub max. 5 players. But using a sub at half-time doesn't count as one of those three times. Or a concussion.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'm not sure, but I would assume it's all competitions this season. Hope someone knows?

You have 3 times to sub max. 5 players. But using a sub at half-time doesn't count as one of those three times. Or a concussion.

I read it like you were saying you could make more than 5 subs if one was done at half time, thanks for clarifying.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
England's Luis Digo? More likely England's Abu Diaby

Lonely Conor Mckenna GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Where he fits in will probably depend on the Mudryk situation, I've a feeling that the plan is to use him more centrally which could accelerated if Mudryk comes in January. A lot of people seem to believe that he'll be taking Xhaka's spot in the starting XI eventually, I'm not sure if it'll happen this season as Xhaka's experience in that role is vital for us. Even seen false 9 suggestions as stylistically he's the one player that can receive the ball and turn and progress somewhat similarly to how Jesus does even if not playing at the same intensity.

However all this goes out the window unless he can stay fit which will always be the big concern. Personally I'm not sure we should be banking on him staying fit and we should be looking at someone along with Mudryk,

drippin

Where he fits in will probably depend on the Mudryk situation, I've a feeling that the plan is to use him more centrally which could accelerated if Mudryk comes in January. A lot of people seem to believe that he'll be taking Xhaka's spot in the starting XI eventually, I'm not sure if it'll happen this season as Xhaka's experience in that role is vital for us. Even seen false 9 suggestions as stylistically he's the one player that can receive the ball and turn and progress somewhat similarly to how Jesus does even if not playing at the same intensity.

However all this goes out the window unless he can stay fit which will always be the big concern. Personally I'm not sure we should be banking on him staying fit and we should be looking at someone along with Mudryk,
Arteta says ESR can play as an AMF, winger and striker. He has said Xhaka can play DMF.

The rest of Arteta's comment mentions it.

The order of these is interesting, and he mentions AMF first, and gave him #10 shirt.

ESR has been injured for a long time, so he could have been taught about the midfield position during that time, even if not so much in training.

“We need him fit and at his best, and when we have that, we have an incredible player that we have missed a lot in the last few months. He can play as an attacking midfielder, as a winger and even as a nine; I think he’s played there before.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Imagine he wasn't ours and we were linked with bringing him in this January.
I was his biggest fan here since he was in the academy, and it's gonna be me who will criticize him for the same season you pulled up some Youtube highlights from.

His body is not suited for the style he wants to play, lost his agility after all those injuries, and doesn't have the quality to adapt.

As much as it hurts me to say it, think he is finished as a top player, which is a real shame if you take a look at how good he was early on in his career.

I would imagine his best move would be going back to Germany, less demanding for his body while still earning good money and playing in a good league

drippin

I was his biggest fan here since he was in the academy, and it's gonna be me who will criticize him for the same season you pulled up some Youtube highlights from.

His body is not suited for the style he wants to play, lost his agility after all those injuries, and doesn't have the quality to adapt.

As much as it hurts me to say it, think he is finished as a top player, which is a real shame if you take a look at how good he was early on in his career.

I would imagine his best move would be going back to Germany, less demanding for his body while still earning good money and playing in a good league
Yeah, will be interesting how well he can make his trademark turns etc. I said it before, but if he can't stay fit during rest of the season, or get his level back up, Arsenal should consider selling him while other clubs are still willing to take a risk with a HG winger who has shown he can do it in EPL. And has been in England NT. A bit similar how Atletico now try to offload Felix before it's too late to get good money.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I said it before, but if he can't stay fit during rest of the season, or get his level back up, Arsenal should consider selling him while other clubs are still willing to take a risk with a HG winger who has shown he can do it in EPL.
Sadly, I don't think the question is if he can stay fit or not, the question is what damage all those injuries have done to his body. Wilshere by the end was barely able to turn with the ball, think we might see something similar with ESR, the first signs were already there last season, even though he masked it well with some goals

drippin

Sadly, I don't think the question is if he can stay fit or not, the question is what damage all those injuries have done to his body. Wilshere by the end was barely able to turn with the ball, think we might see something similar with ESR, the first signs were already there last season, even though he masked it well with some goals
Or he had the problems and needed this surgery, and now has made a proper recovery soon?

Let's see first for the rest of the season, before we judge it. He is still a young player who can recover.

Tir Na Nog

Yeah I can kinda see this tbh, he plays like a diminutive dribbler but he's not too far off being 6 foot and he's too stocky for it. He's trying to play like Bernardo when someone of his build should be playing like KDB in terms of how they move.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Don't know if you were a bigger fan of his than @hydrofluoric acid lol. I still think he is pretty agile and fast. He is still too young to make any big decisions on his long-term potential especially with injuries consistently interrupting his progress. Hopefully he can kick on from here. I honestly don't see him as an injury prone fragile type, just think it was all growing pains. Can't underestimate his potential for end product, especially making those third man Ramsey-esque runs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta mentioning he could play as a false 9 is a little worrying, tbh.

Hope that's just Mikel talking some bullshit, and not a sign that the board ain't gonna back the team this window.

Tir Na Nog

Arteta mentioning he could play as a false 9 is a little worrying, tbh.

Hope that's just Mikel talking some bullshit, and not a sign that the board ain't gonna back the team this window.

Why? We're definitely not signing a striker this window in any case.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom