• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Sparrahork

Ok but why would his value increase next season? Do you think he will get more playing time? Right now even Nelson been ahead of him on the wings and vieira in the middle
Because when fit he is a quality attacking midfielder, this year he has not been fit.

Nelson has been rewarded for doing well and esr has remained off pace, in part due to ongoing injury issues then simply lack of match fitness. Vieira has generally underwhelmed but is fit, I would suggest he will be behind esr next season if he remains.

Esr will be going to the euro u21s, this will be a chance to both prove his worth and gain some additional fitness before next season.

It is not a done deal he will return to his previous form, however on the basis of his market value currently being no more than £20m we should be taking that chance if squad size allows.

I would think for a homegrown player who can play a few positions it will.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Chelsea followed that same blueprint with kdb and Salah, thankfully for them they cashed out whilst they could still get some money.

It is a fine line to sell players at the right time, we absolutely did so with willock and iwobi and some still have regrets on both. It is however absolutely not the best time to sell esr, if we sell him now we get a similar figure to what Chelsea paid for Felix for 6 months. He has had an injury ravaged season combined with a manager who is incapable of rotating. He was sensational much of last season, we would be foolish to sell now and then replace him with the inferior mason mount.

It could be my Hale End bias but I’ll be pissed if we start the season with Pepe, Tavares, Lokonga, Cedric etc in our squad but get rid of Nelson and ESR. In fact I’d throw Holding in that first group too.

I make that 6 players I’d get sell first who routinely induce moments of panic when they step on the pitch. ESR’s a level above.

Re Willock - funny thing is most people said we sold him at the right time because of ESR. I personally would’ve kept both. Arteta just rarely rotates enough.

We spent his fee + £10m on Fabio Vieira who I’d argue is an inferior player.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It could be my Hale End bias but I’ll be pissed if we start the season with Pepe, Tavares, Lokonga, Cedric etc in our squad but get rid of Nelson and ESR. In fact I’d throw Holding in that first group too.

I make that 6 players I’d get sell first who routinely induce moments of panic when they step on the pitch. ESR’s a level above.

Re Willock - funny thing is most people said we sold him at the right time because of ESR. I personally would’ve kept both. Arteta just rarely rotates enough.

We spent his fee + £10m on Fabio Vieira who I’d argue is an inferior player.
Arteta never used Willock correctly. He's trash as a 10 or second striker.

He's a beast as a box to box CM or as a left 8, which ironically is where he might have shone in our new system.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think it’s more than that tbh. You can clearly see the players that are gassed out after a little jog.
Alex-Lacazette.jpg

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

If we want to be elite team and actually win trophies. It’s time some people accept not every good young player will make it here. People want esr to stay, Nelson to stay, Balogun to stay, sign players. Oh Vieira can stay as well to see if he step up next season. Truth is if we want to sign top players, we have to sell and get money in. That means some good players are gonna be sold. The likes of Mari, Holding and Lokonga ain’t gonna bring enough money in

We been here before with the likes of AMN and bendtner. Keeping players until they lose value after refusing to sell in the right time

I agree but think ESR should stay. Think he's in a different league to all the others you mentioned. He's shown massive ability to score goals (many from the area you want our left 8 to occupy). It's not that long ago you could see how much we dropped as a team whenever he was subbed. We are a different team now but still think he has a place. He's a 6 foot, technical, dribble, decently quick midfielder who I think can easily adapt to be a CM. I hope we sell/release

Holding
Lokonga
Vieira
Nelson
Eddie
Balogun

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's a beast as a box to box CM or as a left 8, which ironically is where he might have shone in our new system.
Annoyingly it took Arteta until this season to scrap the 10 role and switch to a 433. Willock would’ve been a great box to box alternative to Xhaka. Having said that what’s done is done and I hope he has a stinker tomorrow.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I agree but think ESR should stay. Think he's in a different league to all the others you mentioned. He's shown massive ability to score goals (many from the area you want our left 8 to occupy). It's not that long ago you could see how much we dropped as a team whenever he was subbed. We are a different team now but still think he has a place. He's a 6 foot, technical, dribble, decently quick midfielder who I think can easily adapt to be a CM. I hope we sell/release

Holding
Lokonga
Vieira
Nelson
Eddie
Balogun
Over Tavares? Pepe? Cedric?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I thought Willock did well for Emery in the EL as a b2b. If we sell Tierney, would you consider a swap for Willock if he'll return?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I thought Willock did well for Emery in the EL as a b2b. If we sell Tierney, would you consider a swap for Willock if he'll return?
The best Willock looked for us was in preseason of 2019. Emery used him as a CM then and he was class, including vs Barcelona away. Not sure why he didn't blossom there from then on.

I would consider such a swap, yes. He's a Hale End kid and would be a great squad option now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The best Willock looked for us was in preseason of 2019. Emery used him as a CM then and he was class, including vs Barcelona away. Not sure why he didn't blossom there from then on.

I would consider such a swap, yes. He's a Hale End kid and would be a great squad option now.
I'm not sure Willock would settle for being a squaddie but he'd certainly add to our somewhat one paced midfield

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
I dont for a second think Arteta doesn't rate him. All the innuendo is because he has been out of the team for a while now. Why would he be back in the team when he lacks match fitness and sharpness? He needs a pre-season and to start afresh with the rest of the squad.

He scored 10 league goals last season and was averaging just over a goal a game until he got injured and over time lost his spot to Martinelli. He scored against Sp**s, Chelsea and United last season. He needs to get on the same wavelength as Saka, Ødegaard, Trossard, Jesus, Martinelli. He cannot come back from a 4-5 month lay off and just sync with the team.

I remember when Martinelli was out injured for a long time. We didnt cast him aside, and we wont do the same with ESR.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom