• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You don’t like Mount? I’m back and forward on him but he dominated Real at times last year.
Nah he's a good player but I think his place in the Chelsea team might be coming under threat because he has 3 assists in all of 2021. Chelsea probably need more than that if they're only going to play 3 attackers, he'll come under pressure from Havertz/Pulisic/Ziyech/Werner/CHO.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Conor Gallagher deserves a call up too, if we’re basing this on current form.

He’s been fantastic so far.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You don’t like Mount? I’m back and forward on him but he dominated Real at times last year.
I think they’re quite similar players, Mount is definitely ahead in his development though and also beats ESR defensively, for work rate, set piece delivery and shooting ability atm.

Having just said all of that Mount is probably quite far ahead 😅 but ESR is a bit more fluid. He could end up as a Mount with Grealish vibes.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Sancho’s spot is there for the taking tbh, as for Rashford…feel he’s hugely underrated.
Think Rashford's best as a striker and he's a very decent one as well. Problem is with England that Kane is so dominant that it's hard for him to get a look in. If you're talking about Rashford on the wing it gets a bit messier, and guys like Grealish, Sterling, Sancho are ahead of him now. There is so much quality in that England team right now though in the forward positions.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Conor Gallagher deserves a call up too, if we’re basing this on current form.

He’s been fantastic so far.
Trying to work out if he’s quality or just a decent player with elite stamina. One to watch for sure though.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Trying to work out if he’s quality or just a decent player with elite stamina. One to watch for sure though.

Saw him a bit for WBA last season too when AMN was there and was impressed with him. If he came out of our academy, he’d be starting now.

Actually think if we had the lads that came out of the Cobham Academy (Mount, Abraham, James, Lamptey, Gilmour, CHO, Tomori, Chalobah, Guehi etc) our fans would be overrating them like they’re world beaters yet the majority of those lads couldn’t cement a spot in the Chelsea first team. These man wanted Hakimi last summer even though they had Reece James.

No way we can compete with blood money with our current model.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah he's a good player but I think his place in the Chelsea team might be coming under threat because he has 3 assists in all of 2021. Chelsea probably need more than that if they're only going to play 3 attackers, he'll come under pressure from Havertz/Pulisic/Ziyech/Werner/CHO.

Isn’t he more of a deeper playmaker though? Don’t see him really get into the box all that much for them.

Havertz seems to be the one they rely on for getting numbers while Mount seems similar to MØ imo

Last edited:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Isn’t he more of a deeper playmaker though? Don’t see him really get into the box all that much for them.

Havertz seems to be the one they rely on for getting numbers while amount seems similar to MØ imo
Think the MO comparison is a good one, although MO is more creative and Mount better in the tackle. Quite similar players though

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Havertz seems to be the one they rely on for getting numbers while amount seems similar to MØ imo
He plays as one of the two attackers in a 3421.

Henry boi

Think the MO comparison is a good one, although MO is more creative and Mount better in the tackle. Quite similar players though
Ødegaard and Mount are not similar at all, one prefers carrying the ball while the other is a passer. Two different players imo

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He will probably end up like Parlour, very good for us but underrated on the international scene.

Why I wanted his thread to be called "The Croydon Pele", in honour of Ray.

Keplaz

Think Rashford's best as a striker and he's a very decent one as well. Problem is with England that Kane is so dominant that it's hard for him to get a look in. If you're talking about Rashford on the wing it gets a bit messier, and guys like Grealish, Sterling, Sancho are ahead of him now. There is so much quality in that England team right now though in the forward positions.
I think Kane's dominance for England is a myth at this point. He will never be dropped but he hasn't impressed me or done much in an England shirt for a long time, when it matters. Rashford should get a chance but he won't.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Mount > ESR , honestly.

That coming from someone who rates ESR.

ESR's battle is more for backup positions with the likes of Curtis Jones and James Maddison / Jesse Lingard / Harvey Elliot, IMO.

Tbf I don't think Liverpool fans will view Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliot too differently than we view ESR, and I don't think they'd be wrong.

Henry boi

Mount > ESR , honestly.

ESR's battle is more for backup positions with the likes of Curtis Jones and James Maddison / Jesse Lingard / Harvey Elliot, IMO.

Tbf I don't think Liverpool fans will view Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliot too differently than we view ESR, and I don't think they'd be wrong.
Jones looks good every time I see play not to sure about Elliot

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Mount > ESR , honestly.

Yeah, obviously, it's no contest yet. But with ESR's potential and trajectory the comparison might be relevant sooner than later.

Not just sure they're totally similar players. I see Mount as a more central playmaker and ESR as a wider one. But that can also change in the future.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Mount > ESR , honestly.

Mount is obviously way ahead in his development than ESR, but ability wise there isn’t too much between them. I feel Mount is a better passer and shooter whereas ESR has better dribbling and movement.

ESR is comfortably better than Jones and Elliot, though both are talented players. ESR can also play off both feet which shouldn’t be underestimated when weighing up his potential.

We shouldn’t forget that it was ESR’s introduction to the team last season that reinvigorated us. He’s not a no.10 for me though, he’s your archetypal wide playmaker IMO, he can create and chip in with goals because his movement off the ball is so good.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
ESR has to play vs Brighton, you don't get benched after a MotM performance. Same with Saka, Ødegaard & Auba. The 4 knocked the ball around really well, quick one touch stuff. I know people want Pepe to play but I feel he has to stay on the bench, he wouldn't give us that same quick passing.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom