• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Auba as well of course. I’m still shook at how bad Sancho has been.

Makes you wonder about Haaland…
Haaland will be fine because Auba was fine. They’re strangely similar players now I think about it, Haaland is basically a rich man’s Auba with super strength from the limited games ive seen of him. City pretty much starved him of service last season and he did nothing against them although he physically destroyed Dias.

Just like Auba flourishes without service and looks poor without it, I think Haaland will be the same.

Absolute **** of the highest order. World class prospect but joke of a human being.
I’m not surprised he’s a bit of a ****, he looked like a wannabe roadman at Fulham. That Twitter thread is a shame but this is what happens to a certain type of person when they’ve been ‘that guy’ for pretty much all their life. F*ck his mum though, that’s probably why he’s rotten, she seems a right ****. Hopefully he’s changed and matured a bit as most of this happened when he was 16 or younger.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Haaland will be fine because Auba was fine. They’re strangely similar players now I think about it, Haaland is basically a rich man’s Auba with super strength from the limited games ive seen of him. City pretty much starved him of service last season and he did nothing against them although he physically destroyed Dias.

Just like Auba flourishes without service and looks poor without it, I think Haaland will be the same.

I’m not surprised he’s a bit of a ****, he looked like a wannabe roadman at Fulham. That Twitter thread is a shame but this is what happens to a certain type of person when they’ve been ‘that guy’ for pretty much all their life. F*ck his mum though, that’s probably why he’s rotten, she seems a right ****. Hopefully he’s changed and matured a bit as most of this happened when he was 16 or younger.

Yeah good points on Haaland tbf.

Also agree on Elliott, and I’ve heard that most footballers make terrible boyfriends. Most of them almost zero female contact outside of girls they’re shagging because they’re usually training for football around other lads 24/7.

Leads to some really warped ideals of what a normal relationship looks like. Non league guys move the exact same way with their girlfriends.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Saw him a bit for WBA last season too when AMN was there and was impressed with him. If he came out of our academy, he’d be starting now.

Actually think if we had the lads that came out of the Cobham Academy (Mount, Abraham, James, Lamptey, Gilmour, CHO, Tomori, Chalobah, Guehi etc) our fans would be overrating them like they’re world beaters yet the majority of those lads couldn’t cement a spot in the Chelsea first team. These man wanted Hakimi last summer even though they had Reece James.

No way we can compete with blood money with our current model.
The amount of very good young players Chelsea have produced in recent years is frightening. You can add Loftus Cheek to that list although mid 20s now & dont forget they let Nketiah go.

People wax about Hale end & thats fine but imho a lot of the kids get too much hype too soon.

All the big clubs have excellent academys now.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The girl stuff is pretty run of the mill stuff for a 16-17 year old in the spotlight. Don't see the issue there. It's loads better than the tweets Ceballos posted when he was 16 and he's turned into a nice kid. The racism stuff from his mum is not cool, but that's not his fault.

Don't see the big issue really. I thought it was really class his tweet to Pascal Struijk supporting him on his tackle, that was a gesture of a mature man not an 18 year old boy, tbh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The girl stuff is pretty run of the mill stuff for a 16-17 year old in the spotlight. Don't see the issue there. It's loads better than the tweets Ceballos posted when he was 16 and he's turned into a nice kid. The racism stuff from his mum is not cool, but that's not his fault.

Don't see the big issue really. I thought it was really class his tweet to Pascal Struijk supporting him on his tackle, that was a gesture of a mature man not an 18 year old boy, tbh.

Lol that’s vile stuff he’s saying to his ex-girlfriend. I don’t get how anyone can say thats run of the mill.

Maybe in Spain but that’s not really the indication of a good person in the UK tbh.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The amount of very good young players Chelsea have produced in recent years is frightening. You can add Loftus Cheek to that list although mid 20s now & dont forget they let Nketiah go.

People wax about Hale end & thats fine but imho a lot of the kids get too much hype too soon.

All the big clubs have excellent academys now.

Yuuup. Along with Nketiah there was also Jamal Musiala, Declan Rice, Brewster and Boga who they let go. Ridiculous amount of talent that they had.

I agree with the Hale End part. I love it when these lads come through but I can’t stand the way our fans overrate them before they’ve even done anything of note.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Lol that’s vile stuff he’s saying to his ex-girlfriend. I don’t get how anyone can say thats run of the mill.

Maybe in Spain but that’s not really the indication of a good person in the UK tbh.
He's a footballer mate, they are not people with a lot of education, they are raised to play a physical sport--millionaires in shorts--and being particularly thoughtful is not a trait that is designed or encouraged for them. At 16-17 that a boy says a couple of bad words to a girl out of jealousy or cheats on his girlfriend doesn't shock me. Those are things I did at 16-17 and not as a high level footballer who was eschewing his education or coming from a poor family. And I don't think I'm a bad person nor have I once called a girl a bad name or been jealous since then, those are things you learn from experience as a boy and move on. To judge a young boy for that is a bit weak, tbh. And it'd force you to hate like 99% of the footballers you support because I guarantee they've all done something like that, just not all come to light. It might force you to hate like 50% of the people you know, haha.

Yuuup. Along with Nketiah there was also Jamal Musiala, Declan Rice, Brewster and Boga who they let go. Ridiculous amount of talent that they had.

I agree with the Hale End part. I love it when these lads come through but I can’t stand the way our fans overrate them before they’ve even done anything of note.

City's is absolutely fearsome atm, too. United's and Liverpool's too, though City's I mean if you look at their U23 team...Edozie, Delap, Bobb, Palmer, McAtee, Lavia, Darko Gyabi, on down the line, they're all huge talents, and that's not including the ones who are injured or on loan like Braaf or Harwood-Bellis, or who have been scooped up by others like Sancho and the 'next Sancho' Bynoe-Gittens. England is just producing a lot a lot of talent.

It's part of the reason I encouraged people to be a bit more realistic about the talent levels of people like Willock or AMN. When there is that kind of talent pipeline in England, the much stronger bet is that people like Willock never reach a much higher level than where he is now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah the Elliot stuff is unbelievably tame, I was expecting far worse. :lol:

I mock Kane's lisp on a daily basis ffs. :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's part of the reason I encouraged people to be a bit more realistic about the talent levels of people like Willock or AMN. When there is that kind of talent pipeline in England, the much stronger bet is that people like Willock never reach a much higher level than where he is now.

Good post but you had to ruin it with this part but I can see that you’re fishing especially by mentioning Willock and AMN as you know I’m very defensive when it comes to them.

Personally, I think it’s best if talent are given a fair chance of first team football and if they’re able to fight their way into the starting eleven then they’re deserving of a chance. Both AMN and Willock weren’t given a fair chance by Mikel Arteta even though they both impressed but he still opted for trash like Bellerin, Cedric and Elneny ahead of them.

I’ll be fair though as I do agree that their ceiling isn’t as high as some of the other talents in the PL. Most of those young talents (Abraham, Rice, Tomori, Lamptey, Gilmour etc) that couldn’t get into the Chelsea team would have a good case of starting in our first eleven imo.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Hate the ESR thread. Too much negativity or luke warmness towards him for an academy prospect who is doing so well.
The sun shined out his batty for a long time and some naturally get tired so I disagree.

The guys who aren't crazy about him are in the minority or straight up trolling. The people on here that get upset about slight ESR criticism are the same guys who can't understand why endless criticism and bashing isn't allowed for some of the lesser players in the team.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Good post but you had to ruin it with this part but I can see that you’re fishing especially by mentioning Willock and AMN as you know I’m very defensive when it comes to them.
Haha nah tbh I didn't really associate you in particular with that stance nor was I fishing, Willock and AMN are just two of the talents that I find to be incredibly overrated around here. AMN is a decent RB and a championship level midfielder with perhaps a bottom table ceiling as a CM, and Willock is I don't really know what, but something resembling a third and highest 8 in a counter-attacking set up, probably with mid-level ceiling or Everton level ceiling in the best of cases.

Personally, I think it’s best if talent are given a fair chance of first team football and if they’re able to fight their way into the starting eleven then they’re deserving of a chance. Both AMN and Willock weren’t given a fair chance by Mikel Arteta even though they both impressed but he still opted for trash like Bellerin, Cedric and Elneny ahead of them.
Yeah, I don't agree here...clearly something happened with AMN wanting to play midfield not RB. AMN actually started the first few games at RB under Arteta as an inverted wing back and had us excited with his performances. Then he dropped out of the team and was later sent on loan which we know from Allardyce was precisely because AMN wanted to play CM and not go to a better destination where they didn't give him the same guarantees position wise.

I’ll be fair though as I do agree that their ceiling isn’t as high as some of the other talents in the PL. Most of those young talents (Abraham, Rice, Tomori, Lamptey, Gilmour etc) that couldn’t get into the Chelsea team would have a good case of starting in our first eleven imo.
No doubt. Loftus-Cheek as well (as I said with Willock, he's a decent reference point for him, and Loftus Cheek >> Willock). Gilmour for me isn't in the same league as Willock and AMN, he's a proper midfielder. He would be comparable to Patiño in terms of prospect level for me, though I obviously hope Patiño's spanish class (😁😬) gives him the leg up long-term.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I agree with this, ESR took his one chance against Chelsea and ran with it which takes talent and a certain personality, but also some luck. Cream always rises to the top but had he not had that dream introduction to the starting 11 it might have taken several bites of the cherry, several months apart like other academy talent.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I don't agree here...clearly something happened with AMN wanting to play midfield not RB. AMN actually started the first few games at RB under Arteta as an inverted wing back and had us excited with his performances. Then he dropped out of the team and was later sent on loan which we know from Allardyce was precisely because AMN wanted to play CM and not go to a better destination where they didn't give him the same guarantees position wise.

He probably wanted to play CM for WBA as there was barely any quality in that team. AMN or even Arteta haven’t come out and said anything about his preference to play in midfield, so I’m not going to believe those stories but even if he did want to play in midfield, I would have given him a chance ahead of the likes of Elneny who Arteta kept on giving opportunities to.

I also think another issue was Arteta kept on bringing him in and out of the team at the start of the last season despite AMN being a key figure in that FA Cup run season prior to it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hate the ESR thread. Too much negativity or luke warmness towards him for an academy prospect who is doing so well.

Yeah, some very weird goings on.

Even if you feel he is overrated (don't think he is, rated about right by the majority, imo) but would rather that, than underrate him...we are fans, ffs.

But a large portion of our fanbase seem to delight in tearing him down, sad all round.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Like everyone, he drifted until he was moved central. Then he and we came alive. An earlier ball to Saka on the break maybe makes a goal but he's getting stronger and has that burst of pace that will take him up a level.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Going to be a monster player if he looks after himself physically. He's young so he's putting his body through its paces.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think he was one of our best attacking players. Got some freekicks with his moves. He pushes forward so often even in tough situations, it's refreshing.

In the break, he could have passed to Saka, but his try was okay, as the pass wasn't totally clear.

He has the frame, the agility, the speed and the skills to make it good. Pepe will push him on, and should be rotated with Saka, even if we have easier schedule this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our best attacking player today, can't believe he didn't make the pass to Saka though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People are only noting every trip and slip because they've got raging stiffies for certain others and don't like the fact that ESR is going to be our centerpiece for years and years to come, whether he's great, sh!t or average this week or the next, while their favs always have uncertainty surrounding them

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom