• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Chambers is such a baller. Have a feeling that he might not be good enough but he deserves a run in the team, can see us getting a very good fee for him if it doesn’t work out though.

I genuinely think he’s good enough to keep about.

He’s probably our best RB and one of our better CB’s. When you factor in he can play in midfield I’d definitely keep him.

It’s just injuries with him. For the last two years whenever he’s played he’s been one of the standouts for Emery and Arteta before his ACL.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I genuinely think he’s good enough to keep about.

He’s probably our best RB and one of our better CB’s. When you factor in he can play in midfield I’d definitely keep him.

It’s just injuries with him. For the last two years whenever he’s played he’s been one of the standouts for Emery and Arteta before his ACL.
Hope so, I like him. He doesn't even seem that slow these days. PL proven as a midfield option as well, I think Bellerin is done here and I love it.

blrgooner

Established Member
I have still not been able to see a highlight clip of what he did for the first goal. Highlight clips for the Europa games are so poor.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This play from ESR is top quality, and I mean TOP. If Messi did this you'd nod sagely and say "Oh Messi, up to his old tricks again". I think to go from playing for Huddersfield in the championship to producing stuff of this quality in a EL quater-final in the space of a year can be seen as very satisfactory development.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This play from ESR is top quality, and I mean TOP. If Messi did this you'd nod sagely and say "Oh Messi, up to his old tricks again". I think to go from playing for Huddersfield in the championship to producing stuff of this quality in a EL quater-final in the space of a year can be seen as very satisfactory development.

He was really good in the Championship though.

I said at the start of the year if he wasn’t already an Arsenal player there’d be a crazy amount of hype for him.

He was easily the equal of Eze last year.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
People really need to calm down, he had a good game, but Ødegaard is still much better in the No.10 position.

I want him to become great, but to do that he has to improve him fitness levels and add more goal threat to his game.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There's no doubt he's better in the 10 position than out wide. When Ödegaard is fit Arteta has a big decision to make. I'd still like to see Ödegaard in the Ceballos role, just so we can play him, ESR, Saka & Pepe. Could be worth trying in the PL, especially if Xhaka is LB for the rest of the season.
Couldn't agree more. That's a much better 4231 abd it would also allw us to play 433 if one of Saka or ESR dropped back. We'd have in game formation changes as we've be outnumbered in midfield all season

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
When we have this man, we don't really need Ödegaard.

Disagree, whether it's Ødegaard or another player like Ødegaard, we still need ESR + 1. KDB didn't win all those titles by himself, there were other creative players around him. I also don't think it benefits ESR at this stage of his career to burden him with being our main and only attacking midfielder. ESR + an Ødegaard, Buendia, Grealish etc, that's the right approach.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if Arteta will try out an actual 433 at some point this season. Might make more sense now that KT is out for the season as it will likely now be Cedric or Xhaka there, who won't go bombing down the flank as much and should provide more solidity in the middle. Something like:

-------Partey
------MO----ESR

Would be interesring to see. Also allows us to get 3 of Saka/Auba/Pepe/Lacazette on the pitch at the same time.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wonder if Arteta will try out an actual 433 at some point this season. Might make more sense now that KT is out for the season as it will likely now be Cedric or Xhaka there, who won't go bombing down the flank as much and should provide more solidity in the middle. Something like:

-------Partey
------MO----ESR

Would be interesring to see. Also allows us to get 3 of Saka/Auba/Pepe/Lacazette on the pitch at the same time.

Or

MO---Partey
Saka ESR Pepe

Both ways would be worth trying, so we can have Saka, Pepe, MO & ESR on the pitch together. Laca or Auba at CF. As I said in a previous post, with Xhaka possibly playing LB for the rest of the season it makes sense to try this. It would also tell us if MO has an additional value to us, should we get the chance to buy or loan again.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Or

MO---Partey
Saka ESR Pepe

Both ways would be worth trying, so we can have Saka, Pepe, MO & ESR on the pitch together. Laca or Auba at CF. As I said in a previous post, with Xhaka possibly playing LB for the rest of the season it makes sense to try this. It would also tell us if MO has an additional value to us, should we get the chance to buy or loan again.

I'm not sure about MO in a double pivot, think it would restrict him too much going forward. I think he could play as an 8 in a 433 though, he's quite comfortable dropping deeper and picking the ball up to initiate attacks. He also seems to also have a good engine as well.

But yeah, if we can get MO and ESR on the pitch along with three forwards it would be big for us in certain situations. I'm not sure we'll see it in the remaining important (EL) games though, it's probably too risky to change that drastically.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm not sure about MO in a double pivot, think it would restrict him too much going forward. I think he could play as an 8 in a 433 though, he's quite comfortable dropping deeper and picking the ball up to initiate attacks. He also seems to also have a good engine as well.

But yeah, if we can get MO and ESR on the pitch along with three forwards it would be big for us in certain situations. I'm not sure we'll see it in the remaining important (EL) games though, it's probably too risky to change that drastically.

I agree re EL games, I was thinking PL games against weaker teams. I wouldn't consider MO next to Partey vs one of the top clubs. That is a position I hope we look at in the summer, a more physical presence next to Partey. We definitely need to sign MO or similar though, we cant have just ESR as that would leave us with Willian as back up.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree re EL games, I was thinking PL games against weaker teams. I wouldn't consider MO next to Partey vs one of the top clubs. That is a position I hope we look at in the summer, a more physical presence next to Partey. We definitely need to sign MO or similar though, we cant have just ESR as that would leave us with Willian as back up.

Yeah, Odegaaed/ESR/Saka as the players that can operate between the lines would be good next season. Ideally if we get CL we can get a marquee left winger as well. Such a big improvement from the beginning of this season.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Disagree, whether it's Ödegaard or another player like Ödegaard, we still need ESR + 1. KDB didn't win all those titles by himself, there were other creative players around him. I also don't think it benefits ESR at this stage of his career to burden him with being our main and only attacking midfielder. ESR + an Ödegaard, Buendia, Grealish etc, that's the right approach.
When you consider the cost of Ode will be close to £40m I'd rather spend that money finding a proper RB and cm partner for Partey.

Bosniak Gooner

This guy needs to play AM off the wing, run inverted towards the goal and learn to shoot.

It will unlock him as a talent, he has good technique and dribbling skills.

I was always more excited for him than Saka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom