• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

England vs Holland

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
England have looked far from impressive under Sven, but they've persevered with him. What I've never liked in football in general is managers playing players out of their preferred positions just to stick with a tactic. You need players who fit into your system, you can;t get players who aren't suited to it and make them play and perform.

I feel for Andrew Johnson, because Frank Farina did the same hing to Jason Culina for Australia against South Africa. If Johnson gets a chance up forward as a striker, he'll be much more deadly (as we hope not to see against Palace on the weekend!)

lee1001

Established Member
I have decided that any England freindles are a complete waste of my life and i can't be arsed to watch them any more.

Arjan

MightyArsenal said:
What a Player Khalid Boularouz is (Hes the dutch Center back No.3). Hes very Rio Ferdinand like in that he seems to be comfortable on the ball and read the game very well.

Anyone that watches the dutch league care to comment on him??

23 years old, made his debut little over 2 years ago, plays in Germany, for HSV?

Was sold to them last year, he always looked strong, but very error prone but he seems to have lost that while playing in Germany.

koivu

Not the most exciting match I've seen. I wanted SWP to do well but not at Holland's expense as I cheer for the Dutch. That right winger for Holland looked alright. A good result for an mostly inexperienced young Dutch side.

MightyArsenal

Oh well..there goes another Prospective Center back for arsenal...

But credit where it is due, I thought he was man of the match and that on his debut. I guess Van Basten will give him a chance to impress.

towelie

england's friendlies are mind numbingly boring

****in a

the dutch players looked much faster. and i think most of them were quite young

A

Anonymous

England in friendlies = BIG ZERO'S
England in Major Competitions = BIG ZERO'S

David Beckham in the middle of the park........NO COMMENT!!!
Rooney want everything a free kick.....thinks his in the Premiership with Riley on the whistle!!!
Owen moved off the ball on every touch.......*****!!!!

I can keep going on and on and on.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
tarekgaber said:
England in friendlies = BIG ZERO'S
England in Major Competitions = BIG ZERO'S

David Beckham in the middle of the park........NO COMMENT!!!
Rooney want everything a free kick.....thinks his in the Premiership with Riley on the whistle!!!
Owen moved off the ball on every touch.......*****!!!!

I can keep going on and on and on.

Please do, Im interested to see what you think of the rest. :p

Mark

Established Member
A good tip to all gooners. Whenever times are bad and you feel down...just remember what it's like to be an England fan. :p

invisibleman18

Established Member
i dont really agree that england are such a poor team as most of you think. if you look at the players they have, in each position they have great players. i think the problem is the manager. hes failed in 2 major tournaments now and hes still there. why? most teams get rid of their coach after failing in one, some even when they have succeeded. but i do think he is the smartest man in the world, getting a long contract sorted out like that before the euro. either that or the fa are f***ing idiots. i think the latter. sven is not a good manager, sooner we get rid of him the better.

anyway to the game, having downing and johnson there seemed pointless as they were not given the chance to show anything. firstly, getting your debut half way through the second half is not gonna be easy. they really needed more time. then not even given correct roles to play? rather pointless.

england could be a good team, you cant dispute the abilities of some of the first choice players, with some of these guys: campbell, cole, ferdinand, lampard, gerrard, swp, rooney - this should be one of the top teams. clearly it is a team in need of a top coach.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
No one is doubting the talent England has at their disposal, thats for sure.

I reckon I'd do a better job at England manager than Sven...its not that hard to choose the top 11 in England, and putting them in a position that they know where to play.

Its almost as if Sven is trying to make is job harder all by himself.

Double_H

Established Member
im not from england but i have feelings for them maybe beacause of arsenal

anyways ....The England Team Lacks a Goalie , and FWDs and maybe wingers

they have the best Defence in the world and the best CM

Swp Is Very Good and Maybe Roony

give me a decnet FWD ?? No one

and left midfileder also no one i like downing but he is not that good

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
lee1001 said:
I have decided that any England freindles are a complete waste of my life and i can't be arsed to watch them any more.

See, I've felt like that for years. But last night I relented. Thought the first half was quite enjoyable, but the second... can we have a manager who knows what he's doing please?

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom