• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

England vs Japan

Arsenal1989

Dont think England were too botherd after all its only a freindly, i think England will play better at the Euros.

Did any of you see inamotos injury? :shock: :shock: OUCH!

KingReyes

Established Member
After scoring England really slowed down, in the second half they looked tired(or were just takling it easy) but there was no protection for the bacl four. Japan had the best chances.

himanshu

ahhaah sorry u guys but england arnset going to win..and will probably get knocked out in the quaters..............as usual!!

Soler

Established Member
Nobody won't be surprised if England doesn't win ... we're not exactly a favourite, you know.

himanshu

yeah but in the world they always make out england to be the favourite and hypoe england up the most!!like on cnn and bbc they always keep talking about the england squad and anyhitng thats realted to them..and very rarely talk about any other team!

Gooner_Milton

two words.

David Beckham.

He sells, that's why he's hyped. Being on the England team naturally brings in a lot of media coverage. Another reason why North America is much more interested in England than the other teams is, I believe the Anglo American connection. For the casual WASP American viewer, it's much more palatable to watch English players who speak English than to watch the French or the Germans.

Don't like England anyway. I think they're technically nowhere as good as the French or even the Dutch.

Would like France to win. I want Titi to do well in this tournament. If he does well at Euro 2004, he's almost guaranteed to win the FIFA world footballer award.

Sammer

Established Member
I believe that England has a keeper problem. To go reallly far in a tournament, you need a top-class keeper (such as Kahn or Dida in the WC2002).

Watching James (not only last night) poses serious questions about the guys abilities.

KingReyes

Established Member
England have lacked a good goalkeeper since Seaman's form started to dip. Its definately a weak point for England.

Chips&CurrySauce

I don't like James, he is an arrogant **** who is so full of himself.

England looked poor last night, I though Beckham had a mare and Gerard although is a great player is not suited to playing on the left at all. He seems to lack the discipline to stay in his position.

I thouhght Ashley played well as did Owen. Nevertheless England really should be beating teams like Japan.

KoLo28

All good and well to say England don't try in the 'meaningless' games, if they dont they're pathetic and will never gel and perform on the big stage.

Sammer

Established Member
These games don´t mean much, although England should beat Japan comfortably, especially at home.

Ashley had a great game, while the rest of the squad - including Becks, Gerrard and Lampard did not look well-rehearsed.

Sammer

Established Member
kanuuu said:
Wenger reckons we're second favourites, behind France.

He is such a gentleman, is he :D

Well, I would rate Italy (and the Dutch if they can get their **** together) higher, but England can definately make it to the Semis.

MightyArsenal

Have to say thats probably ashley coles best game in an england shirt, and if I had to pick id say he was man of the match for england. Id probablly say alex or nakamura were the best players on the pitch though.

Gooner_Milton

How did Shinji Ono play? Heard he scored the equalizer.

I quite fancy Japan and Feyenoord. Always good to see players from the Far East do well.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom