• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win English Super Cup | Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester City | Sunday, August 6 | KO: 16:00 BST | ITV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just like that, the new season is here...and what a way to get it properly started, the cup of cups!

Can we add to our glowing collection of Shields and start the season with a trophy...

main-qimg-c1c0bfec14283c9b7d3e55cf7722c9c1-lq

f4f3c266cbdc0d28891d10e77481d17d_crop_exact.jpg

arsenal-community-shield-winners.ashx

01h3ey7bnxt8m2mvd3ex.jpg

...going for our 16th title in this comp (and it is number 16, don't listen to wiki...as the one we "won" in 1991 (( my birth year too ffs 🤬 )) was actually shared with Sp**s of all teams, so that one can get right in the ****ing bin) and I reckon we will win it 2-1.

Win it for Gabby Jesus, lads!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I'd go with our strongest line up possible

GK: Ramsdale
RB: White
CB: Saliba
CB:Gabriel
LB: Tierney
DCM: Rice
CM: Ødegaard
CM: Havertz
RW: Saka
LW: Martinelli
CF: Trossard

Timber has been impressive but I just feel White and KT are solid defensively and very consistent. So I'd rather play it safe with these two at Full back.

With all respect but leaving Partey out? think he is our most important midfielder.

Preacher

Always Crying
We will probably gift them at least one goal from nothing like usually against City.

Winning, even in CS, would be a good step mentally. Right now we have mental block against them.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
With all respect but leaving Partey out? think he is our most important midfielder.

Partey has been our poorest first 11 player two seasons in row, no other player produced more poor peformances for during that time than him. One our biggest problems last season was that lack of protection our cms provided the defence. Hopefully Rice resolves this.

Jasinho

Can't wait for this game. Even though the mood around the team is a bit down at the moment due to a less than impressive pre-season, this game could really get our season going and hopefully our players are up for it. We absolutely need to get something over City this season and there's no better time to start than now.

Predict the team to start will be:
--------Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel Timber
-----Partey ------ Rice
---------Ødegaard
----Saka Trossard Martinelli

Jasinho

Partey has been our poorest first 11 player two seasons in row, no other player produced more poor peformances for during that time than him. One our biggest problems last season was that lack of protection our cms provided the defence. Hopefully Rice resolves this.
Don't agree, Partey was arguably the best DM in the league upto about matchday 30 last season. He dropped off thereafter no worse than what many of our other players did, particularly the likes of White, Saka and Zinchenko, they were all equally as poor. And with Holding coming into the team it unfortunately culminated in a disaster run of form for the last 8 games.

Harry Hunter

Won’t happen but would like to see something like this
Ramsdale
Timber Saliba Gabriel
Partey Rice
Saka Ødegaard Trossard Tierney
Martinelli

Badger_Revenge

Presuming we start with something like our current strongest 11 (given injuries) against a top side. Guessing Timber goes in at LB with Zinchenko gone, and White still combining well with Saka and being able to step in as part of a back three still at RB. Rice for stability in the Xhaka role, supported by Timber in attack. Think Trossard gets the start over Nketiah.

Ramsdale
White, Gabriel, Saliba, Timber
Partey, Rice
Ødegaard
Saka, Trossard, Martinelli

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I don't care about this match at all. In fact I hope Areta makes all the same mistakes as he did against City last year in this match that doesn't count and then brings out what he's been working on in the league for the matches that do. Don't show them anything new that Pep can work out a counter for. Just turn up and try to win showing them nothing new and if we lose, we lose. Bigger fish to fry if we want to be playing in this game again next year as reigning league champions.

I think you’re overthinking it a bit. Or you’re tryna play the free hit card but that’s out of character for a caped crusader.

It’s not like City in the PL is the first game of the season. Pep will have time to react to any tactical changes we bring to start the season with. Hopefully Mik will keep sth in reserve this time to whip out in the city game(s) but for the Charity Shield match we should just go for it.

We have a mental block against them, and lifting that is of paramount importance. They’re in a bit of a transition with some key players leaving, KDB injured and Pep tends to galaxy brain the start of the season. And there’s less pressure. It’s as good a time as any to try banish some demons.

I think we get beat though still 😭

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Don't agree, Partey was arguably the best DM in the league upto about matchday 30 last season. He dropped off thereafter no worse than what many of our other players did, particularly the likes of White, Saka and Zinchenko, they were all equally as poor. And with Holding coming into the team it unfortunately culminated in a disaster run of form for the last 8 games.

I disagree. Partey has half dozen good peformances all last season (which was an improvement on the season prior). Partey has too many peformances such as Everton, where he was own physically and dominated by Onana and was very sloppy and reckless with passing.

I agree both Saka and Zinchenko dropped of form wise dramatically in the final quarter of season. I disagree about White, who I thought was our most consistent player.

When Jorginho came into side, he was very good and look superior technically to Partey.

Tell.

I disagree. Partey has half dozen good peformances all last season (which was an improvement on the season prior). Partey has too many peformances such as Everton, where he was own physically and dominated by Onana and was very sloppy and reckless with passing.

I agree both Saka and Zinchenko dropped of form wise dramatically in the final quarter of season. I disagree about White, who I thought was our most consistent player.

When Jorginho came into side, he was very good and look superior technically to Partey.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel Timber
Rice (if fit)
Ødegaard Havertz
Saka Trossard Martinelli

Tempted to go with Partey - Rice but I feel we should use this game as an opportunity vs our toughest opponent to try out the Rice Ødegaard Havertz midfield.

Also Trossard playing as striker can swap with Havertz at left 8 depending on the game situation. I don't think Eddie can do that. Though it is harsh to drop him after looking pretty good vs Monaco.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Aaron, Timber, Gabriel, William, White, Partey, Ode, Rice, My boy, Saka and Trossie.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Nah that’s not true Arsenal. We win this one with a scrappy goal while Haaland misses a load of sitters.

Everyone says we’ve got the mental advantage and are on top THEN we get piped 4-0 in both games this season.
I would go with this in general, but this pre-season...nah. We will get trashed

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think start Eddie for this game, and allow him another chance to possibly snatch the CF spot from Trossard. At some stage, I want to see Havertz, Smith Rowe and Vieira on the pitch as well.

I know we want to beat City, but we should definitely check our combinations against top class opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom