• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers– 1:00pm - 04/02/12

Gunner_JT

He's primarily a DM, so for a club like us its important he keeps the ball well, passes accurately, provides a presence in the middle and a foil for the other CM's and back 4, so you can hardly ever describe those things as sensational because it isn't a sensational job to do.

But he did put in an all-action performance at Dortmund, and certainly a few other games.

Today was a game where he needed to that role and he did just that imo. He does the things you don't really notice and for me that means he's doing his job.

ibby

Established Member
fabo said:
TheLoneFalcon said:
Good performance, guess we need less pussies and more Coqs.

:lol:

Coq played well, has looked good when called upon this season.
We need more ox and cocks.

Edit - When was the last time Song impressed away from home by the way?

fabo

6.51 / 10
Must be a couple of months ago anyway.

tumblr_lyvogrSbMD1qhaz39o1_250.gif
tumblr_lyvogrSbMD1qhaz39o4_250.gif

tumblr_lyvogrSbMD1qhaz39o3_250.gif
tumblr_lyvogrSbMD1qhaz39o12_250.gif

tumblr_lyvogrSbMD1qhaz39o14_250.gif
tumblr_lyvoa0Sj8g1qgy1ug.gif

tumblr_lyvogrSbMD1qhaz39o15_250.gif
tumblr_lyvobmCgt81qgy1ug.gif

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Great win-just what the Doctor ordered. Were the bin bags in view?

Lifts the mood somewhat and now unto a tough away fixture at The Stadium of Light against a resurgent Sunderland where we don't have a great record in recent times.

Lets hope the lads can use this as a stepping stone to a drastic improvement in results in what is looking a tough February.

Accomplished

Established Member
I have to agree with Cesc:

@cesc4official: What a ball from Alexander Songinho. One of the best midfielders around.

Song is quality, the end.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I will cherish today's win, if only for the fact that my all-time, current and future heroes all scored. As fond as I was/am of Hleb (I know his name isn't worthy amongst the following, but I was a big fan of his), Cesc, van Persie and Wilshere since the King left, I never truly fell for another Arsenal player like I expect to for Oxlade. I'm an absolute sucker for pacey technicians. I waited so long for us to purchase or produce a young forward with his skill-set and quality. He has the powerful directness which the likes of Hazard and Gotze lack, making him ideal as a wide forward, even with his creative tendencies. This guy is the most talented player on our books, and that's saying something.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Accomplished said:
I have to agree with Cesc:

@cesc4official: What a ball from Alexander Songinho. One of the best midfielders around.

Song is quality, the end.

Well cesc say that so song is great midfielder.

blaze_of_glory

Well that was nice hey? Haven't seen an Arsenal blow away a team like that in far too long. Lets just hope we can build on this now.

So pleased for Oxlade, he's earned his chance to start and now he's delivering. Gonna be interesting to see who keeps their place when Gervinho returns. The Ox better be one of them...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
so now rvp have 22 goals in PL. Aguero and ba are behind him with 15 goals.

Very nice

i hope he can arrive to 30 goals in the PL this season he can do it.

Mastadon

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I will cherish today's win, if only for the fact that my all-time, current and future heroes all scored. As fond as I was/am of Hleb (I know his name isn't worthy amongst the following, but I was a big fan of his), Cesc, van Persie and Wilshere since the King left, I never truly fell for another Arsenal player like I expect to for Oxlade. I'm an absolute sucker for pacey technicians. I waited so long for us to purchase or produce a young forward with his skill-set and quality. He has the powerful directness which the likes of Hazard and Gotze lack, making him ideal as a wide forward, even with his creative tendencies. This guy is the most talented player on our books, and that's saying something.

Nice post sums up how I feel about the guy as well. He could very well be our most talented player.

Herbas

I wonder why RvP always does those chips outside the box with his right foot? His left foot chips should be even more accurate, but he doesn't even try.

arsenallegends

Established Member
fabo said:
Cesc is just being nice.

You asked me in November why I mentioned Song here->
<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146041&start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146041&start=120</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...and I think he's gone a bit towards validating that sporadically ( though I think he's done that in seasons gone by)

On several occasions, most outwardly during his captaincy, Cesc has shown appreciation for Song's potential and the instances where he meets it, and Van Persie has talked about his importance in similar vein both before and during his captaincy. These three joined AFC at similar times, trained with our legends and developed their game together; they offer some of the strongest assessments of each other's capabilities

I don't disagree with you completely. Though Song seems to be a quick learner and keeps developing at a good rate, he's still got certain innate holes in his game he must continue to work on. But yea, he's 24 years old and he's going to be world-class.

patrick42uk

Established Member
yousif_persie said:
Not sure about the Ox dance. lol

It was a cool dance- very well executed.

Wonder how much rvps reaction at ox's substitution against united plays in the fact that he's started the 3 games since. Good players want to play with good players.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Ox and Walcott attacked the box well today looks like they went back to 4-3-3 in style of play because lately neither had been cutting inside from the wing enough to support RVP.

I especially liked when RVP dropped back into CF and played that Bergkamp esque pass to Ox that was a quality move from the both of them.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Would be great to see Gervinho and Ox on the wings with Walcott coming off the bench.

I hope Arshavin finds his form too since we would be needing him until the end of the season.

I think Wenger should continue with Rosicky starting and Ramsey come on for the last 20-25 mins.

Park should have come on at some stage today.I'd have him over Chamakh anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom