• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Fulham – 3:00pm – 10/11/12

GoonerBoy19

I hope wenger has seen our january fixtures. I got a heart attack when i saw that, if we keep on dropping points like this then are going to pay for it :cry:

dreamLord

Established Member
Yep, we need to make our signings in the first week itself. But knowing us, we'll probably drag it till the end though, trying to get a bargain deal.

Mastadon

Established Member
Don't see anything wrong with Arteta taking our penalty. There is a pecking order and he's on top of the pile obviously he has to take it. If Giroud had taken it and missed people would go going nuts asking why our designated penalty taker didnt take it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Mastadon said:
Don't see anything wrong with Arteta taking our penalty. There is a pecking order and he's on top of the pile obviously he has to take it. If Giroud had taken it and missed people would go going nuts asking why our designated penalty taker didnt take it.
Yep. In that kind of circumstances, anybody who takes that and misses it is going to get flamed badly. Can you imagine how much hatred Giroud or Arshavin is going to get if they takes this and misses considering they are already not too favourable amongst Arsenal fans currently.

kooldawg

Established Member
Chalk up that missed penalty to our general luck these days. Think Giroud would have been flamed pretty badly if he had missed that penalty. We really can't seem to catch a break!

Enfield

Established Member
Still terrible defending, still no confidence, still very questionable subs, still a poor goalkeeper.

mistaT

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Don't see anything wrong with Arteta taking our penalty. There is a pecking order and he's on top of the pile obviously he has to take it.

I can, and seriously did prior to him taking it. My verbatim out loud reaction to seeing him stop forward was "**** - not Arteta".

Penalties are a test of confidence and it was clear throughout the game that Arteta was lacking it. As such, it really should be of no surprise that he missed it. While I understand the necessity of a having an order there should always be another player ready to take it.

Cazorla or Vermalean would have been preferred by me, and how Podolski (who I'm aware wasn't on) isn't on top of the PK dept is beyond m :|

MaestroCesc

I want to see Ox have a chance at penalties, i have seen videos of him and he is very good, plus you can see the way he strikes the ball and how accurate he is, he would be good. I remember him saying something about was going to take penalty vs Cov but Giroud took the ball and missed. He booted the ball at FT yesterday which implied he would have scored it.

Areta made it way too obvious where he was going, plus there wasnt much power at all. As soon as we got it i knew we would miss.

But yes the penalty is pretty irrelevant although we must be the only big team who can miss a pen in injury time. The biggest concern is the defending and the performance

VAVAVOOM 14

MaestroCesc said:
I want to see Ox have a chance at penalties, i have seen videos of him and he is very good, plus you can see the way he strikes the ball and how accurate he is, he would be good. I remember him saying something about was going to take penalty vs Cov but Giroud took the ball and missed. He booted the ball at FT yesterday which implied he would have scored it.

Areta made it way too obvious where he was going, plus there wasnt much power at all. As soon as we got it i knew we would miss.

But yes the penalty is pretty irrelevant although we must be the only big team who can miss a pen in injury time. The biggest concern is the defending and the performance

I think a certain Ruud van Nistelrooy would beg to differ. :wink:

Glovegun

Established Member
Penalties, particularly that late in the game, are much more about mental strength than anything else, and as everybody round here keeps saying, Arteta seems to have bucketloads of it. Remember Lauren's pen against Sp**s back in 2002?

We could desperately do with a win and the points, but it would've been pretty undeserved. Fulham looked dangerous going forward and we were lucky to get the pen in the first place.

Unfortunately we're back to just sticking eleven guys on the pitch and telling them to play football - I can't see any guidance or direction beyond the clear instruction to keep possession.

Call it naiveity or snobbery, there's just no tactical steer for the team, and they're suffering for it. I don't know what Wenger thinks they're supposed to do.

evoh_1

Established Member
Its a sh!t Pen but like the QPR game it would have glossed over the glaring sh!teness of the performance from most of the squad (bar Giroud), Arteta had a stinker as did Mannone and who ever organises our set pieces both in training and on the pitch.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom