• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Hull City | 19/12/09, 17:30 | ESPN

asajoseph

Established Member
Don't want to nit-pick, but what the **** were Silvestre, Eboue and particularly Song doing from the penalty?

All three just stood with their big ****ing thumbs up their big ****ing arses and let 3 Hull players queue up for the rebound without even moving.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
TomasCR said:
So, until we travel to Hull later in the season, f**k off Phil Brown, f**k off Brian Horton, get f*d Steven Hunt you itinerant c**t, and now we've got a week off to recharge out batteries ahead of the Villa game.
You just have to love Arseblog. Have a good laugh everytime I read that. :D

I found this one amusing, and I wonder if Arseblogger is really a member of this forum sometimes...

If that's a penalty then there are 25 penalties every time there's a corner or free kick. Geovanni, a man who once cost Barcelona a hilarious £20m, stepped up to take it. Facing him was Manuel Almunia, a man for whom confidence is just a word that applies to other goalkeepers. He took it, Almunia saved it, and as Geovanni was about to head home the rebound, that little knacker Hunt came in and headed it wide. Gloriously hilarious, compounded by Phil Brown's anguish on the sideline.

progman07

Established Member
What I fail to understand is: WHY can't we emulate our 2nd and 3rd goals more often?

A simple run behind their defense, a pass to that player, and a cut-back, or a shot. Why is that so hard? It nearly always kills the defense, so we should be practicing it and Wenger should tell our midfielders to do that kind of moves as often as possible.
The thing is, it's nearly impossible to defend, because most teams aren't capable of marking an unexpected run (even we aren't capable of it).

TomasCR

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Don't want to nit-pick, but what the f**k were Silvestre, Eboue and particularly Song doing from the penalty?

All three just stood with their big f****g thumbs up their big f****g arses and let 3 Hull players queue up for the rebound without even moving.
That's what I was wondering about too but to be honest it's not that easy to defend the players standing at the verge of the box as they're always a thought ahead, you would have to stop them in an "illegal" way. But so what, Hunt was such a **** he had to **** it up anyway. :wink:

Gooner_Stu: what's amusing about the part you underlined? And what do you mean by a "member of this forum"? He doesn't post here does he?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Tomas, it's probably Allyboy (former Mod and EM who only makes occasional visits here nowadays).. as far as I know, he contributes to Arseblogger all the time

The Gambler

TomasCR said:
asajoseph said:
Don't want to nit-pick, but what the f**k were Silvestre, Eboue and particularly Song doing from the penalty?

All three just stood with their big f****g thumbs up their big f****g arses and let 3 Hull players queue up for the rebound without even moving.
That's what I was wondering about too but to be honest it's not that easy to defend the players standing at the verge of the box as they're always a thought ahead, you would have to stop them in an "illegal" way. But so what, Hunt was such a c**t he had to f**k it up anyway. :wink:

It's almost as if they weren't expecting Al to save it. :eek:

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Gooner_Stu: what's amusing about the part you underlined? And what do you mean by a "member of this forum"? He doesn't post here does he?

His words often seem to be repeats of whats said on here quite a lot of the time and in this case his confidence of Al (and often justified here)isnt what you'd want for your 1st choice keeper, although its often justified. Although sniggering at comments about our own players isnt something i like, il admit to finding the underlined bit somewhat humourous (and sadly quite accurate), or maybe i just have a twisted sense of humor :| . And no, i doubt/dont think he posts or even reads anything on this forum.

progman07

Established Member
I think none of them expected Almunia to save the penalty... I can understand them to be fair... :wink:

General

Established Member
Talking of Steve Bennet, this guy really is a f*cking idiot and it won't be the first team he's given a dodgy penalty against us (Old Trafford mass brawl after RVN missed springs to mind). His mate Riley must be very pleased with his performance.

JGooner

Scattered thoughts:

First half dismal, second half quite good.

These are the only games (inferior opposition at home) where Diaby and Denilson should be starting.

Hull were targeting our right-side from the start but Eboue handled it. He can be the best substitute full back in the league. Let's give up this joke idea of him being a viable midfielder/attacker.

I still don't know what the point of Samir Nasri is.

Alex Song is the most skillful DCM in the country.

Also, the club needs to stop lying to the fans about attendance figures. When the announcer read out that the attendance was 60,000+, there was a loud din of protest from the "singing section".

outlaw_member

Established Member
General said:
Alfonso said:
Loved the first half brawl! You can take the kid out of Marseille but you cant take the Marseille out of the kid!

What Nasri did had nothing to do with being tough. It was childish, stupid and petulant and could've easily resulted in a red card. We then would've been staring at an uphill battle to win the game had Bennet seen it (Barmby defintely should've been sent off). It didn’t help when he was already having another ordinary game. Toughness is barging your way through defenders or winning shoulder to shoulder battles, not committing sneaky little off the ball fouls that cause more harm than good.

Spot on. He was close to destroying our chances of taking something out of the game.

Mark

Established Member
JGooner said:

I'm with you there. What's his position? What are his skills? What does he offer? Sideways passes and the occasional shot at goal. He's not fast or tricky enough to be a winger, he doesn't have the strength or vision for central midfield. Quite lazy too.

Then again all these things could've been said for Pires in his early days here. I'll give him more time, but he is getting a bit boring to be honest.

outlaw_member

Established Member
JGooner said:
Also, the club needs to stop lying to the fans about attendance figures. When the announcer read out that the attendance was 60,000+, there was a loud din of protest from the "singing section".

Did you think there were less then 60,000?

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
JGooner said:

In fairness, the club has stated before that the "attendance" isnt people through the turnstyles but tickets sold. Granted, they should say the attendance as it is and not as a sold out occasion which yesterday clearly wasnt. Probably more to do with the weather then anything, i doubt anyone who bought a ticket/season ticket knew for sure there was going to be snow yesterday. But your right, its sorta a tad embarressing when they annouce they attendances way off what they actually are :eek:ops:

Del Boy

Established Member
They should just announce the proper attendance and stop messing about when there are clearly thousands of empty seats.

True Gooner

Established Member
Mark said:
I'm with you there. What's his position? What are his skills? What does he offer? Sideways passes and the occasional shot at goal. He's not fast or tricky enough to be a winger, he doesn't have the strength or vision for central midfield. Quite lazy too.

Then again all these things could've been said for Pires in his early days here. I'll give him more time, but he is getting a bit boring to be honest.

Agree with everything except this - he's not lazy.

Meatwad

what does it matter. the club got paid for the 60006 they announced. if they got paid for 55k and announced 60k that would be a problem.

progman07 said:
What I fail to understand is: WHY can't we emulate our 2nd and 3rd goals more often?

A simple run behind their defense, a pass to that player, and a cut-back, or a shot. Why is that so hard? It nearly always kills the defense, so we should be practicing it and Wenger should tell our midfielders to do that kind of moves as often as possible.
The thing is, it's nearly impossible to defend, because most teams aren't capable of marking an unexpected run (even we aren't capable of it).
because it seems like only one player at the club is capable of that kind of off the ball movement.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
JGooner said:
Hull were targeting our right-side from the start but Eboue handled it. He can be the best substitute full back in the league. Let's give up this joke idea of him being a viable midfielder/attacker.

Alex Song is the most skillful DCM in the country.

Initially, well for most of the first half, Eboue was AWOL in defence. Not even to be seen at RB.

Nasri had a pretty good game.

The attendance comment is misguided.

banduan

Established Member
nasri was not having an 'ordinary' game, plainly exemplified by his work leading up to the FK he crashed against the wall.

The trod on the foot was, however, idiotic and plain unprofessional. Isn't cage footie ya know.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom