• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Sp**s – 12:45pm – 17/11/12 | SS2

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
halfvolley said:
This is such a great clip. :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv83zbbVd4E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv83zbbVd4E</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way - Bacary Sagna - I love you!

Brilliant! Love it :lol:

Sagna is such a fking legend! He really loves our club man. I hope we can win a trophy or two with him here, he's been outstanding for us and deserves an honour to show for his efforts.

Best right back in the league by a mile.

KY

Established Member
SomGooner said:
halfvolley said:
This is such a great clip. :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv83zbbVd4E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv83zbbVd4E</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way - Bacary Sagna - I love you!

No wonder the dude was mad as hell! They blanked him, both Sagna and Koscielny blanked him. :lol: :lol:
Koscielny doesn't know him...

fabo

6.51 / 10
Knew we'd get the win yesterday. Played well in patches, still dodgy as **** at the back and the errors were there for all to see. Only at Arsenal could you be sweating while winning 4-2 at home vs 10 men.

Good to see Cazorla find some form aswell.

MaestroCesc

Great win but after the euphoria had died down, i realised i hadnt got such a good feeling as last year because we were lucky as they went down to 10 men when Ade **** got sent off (anyone seen video of Sagna rejecting Adebayor, he is such a beast and then to take the piss even more he hugged Gallas infront of Ade), they were dominating we hand tstarted playing, our defense was very poor, the first goal was awful dont know what Merte was doing. Then Lennon could have scored a second, was a whisker away, that could have changed it having said that we came from 2-0 down last year to thrash them

Walcott, Koscielny and Cazorla was amazing. Walcott is unstoppable at the moment one of our best players, we need to sign him up, 100k isnt too much with the form and ability he is showing. Koscielny showed that he just needed games to regain his form, completely shut out Defoe and made some very important tackles and interceptions, was one of the few who could stop Bale. He shouldnt be dropped when Gibbs comes back, Vermaelen or Mertesacker should, he is our best defender. Cazorla controlled the game, his passing, control and shooting were sublime. The assist for the 2nd goal was amazing

@QuickerthanWalcott Sagna had Bale in his pocket the whole game, the only time when Bale threatened was when he caused trouble drifting in the middle which showed how good a job Sagna did, Bale did cause trouble once when he shot wide but that was because Sagna went up for an attack and no one covered.

Next game against Montpellier and Aston Villa is crucial, we need to carry on the momentum form this game and cut out silyl defensive errors, i dont think the midfield is providing much cover for the defense either.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Agreed on Koscielny, he looked pretty good although he didn't have to do much after Ade got sent off.

It still baffles me that we went into meltdown mode right after Bale had scored 4-2. I had hoped we could have continued in the second half, the way we ended the first.

Still, we destroyed them good and that's the most important thing. Hope this gives the lads some confidence.

Cruisio

Established Member
For me, I think we've got to thank AVB for this win a lot as well.

Firstly, to drop Friedel for Lloris in a game like this was a ridiculous decision on his part as Lloris looked shaky and in no way ready for a game of that magnitude and intensity, we had them rocking at the back several times during the first half due to his nervousness.

Secondly, he tried to play against us exactly how he tried when we played his Chelsea team. He tried to keep a high line and push us high up the pitch. It didn't work then and it didn't work now either. He gave up the midfield to us and with Theo on the pitch, we always looked likely to get in behind them. We managed to get in behind his Chelsea team several times and even before Adebayors sending off, Theo was available for a ball over the top several times against Naughton (at this point, neither Arteta nor Cazorla were really looking for it until Jack started to see it). They even kept this approach up when they went down to 10 men, which was suicidal!

We've got our faults but one thing you should still never ever do against us is play a high line because it makes it far easier for us to play the kind of football we want to play. AVB didn't learn his lesson from the thumping he got last year

MaestroCesc

Vinci said:
Agreed on Koscielny, he looked pretty good although he didn't have to do much after Ade got sent off.

It still baffles me that we went into meltdown mode right after Bale had scored 4-2. I had hoped we could have continued in the second half, the way we ended the first.

Still, we destroyed them good and that's the most important thing. Hope this gives the lads some confidence.
If Bale hadnt been such a **** and had squared it to Defoe it could have been 4-3 and we looked like we might have bottled it although we could had easily scored another as they would of have to push forward.

We did pass it around and control the game 5 minutes after the Bale goal but before that Ramsey and Areta gave it away in crucial places and we looked very nervy, so were the crowd

Truant

As much as I wish it did happen, Sagna and Kos didn't air him in the tunnel, the video just cuts out before. Here's them actually greeting each other.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54E-HwS9hVI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54E-HwS9hVI</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/

Regardless of our season so far though...

Yesterday >>>>>>>>>>>>

Amazing. Haven't seen the Emirates rocking like that in time.

Carl Jenkinson stopped his car as he drove past The Tolly and did a massive 'COME ONNN' fist pump out the window to us. Love that. #Gooner
:D brilliant.

dreamLord

Established Member
Thought it was pretty pathetic how we let Bale have a free ride through our midfield - more than once. We look really shaky as soon as some starts running with the ball.

Good win, but I'm more concerned about how yet again we started by conceding a goal. City, United, Chelsea and now Sp**s - we really need to learn to defend. Could have been 2-0 down.

11211goon

all things considered, it is quite amusing seeing that one win over above-average football club that also cant find its form for years can compensate everything that was criticised right here on this forum for years.

that exact stance allows that same board that is cursed more often than not to think of Arsenal fans as pretty easy opponent. way too prone to short-termed seduction, it seems that fans' ambition for the season really came to "just beat Tottenham".

MaestroCesc

Truant said:
As much as I wish it did happen, Sagna and Kos didn't air him in the tunnel, the video just cuts out before. Here's them actually greeting each other.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54E-HwS9hVI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54E-HwS9hVI</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/

Regardless of our season so far though...

Yesterday >>>>>>>>>>>>

Amazing. Haven't seen the Emirates rocking like that in time.

Carl Jenkinson stopped his car as he drove past The Tolly and did a massive 'COME ONNN' fist pump out the window to us. Love that. #Gooner
:D brilliant.
Still, Sagna hardly greeted him friendly the first time and then ignored him.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's why I disagree on your Sagna assesment. Bale outran him several times.
And Kos had a miscomm for the first and should have done better for the second.

Why we were poor that period cause we took our foot off the pedal while their subs were fired up

Mr Wolf

Yesterday, while coming out the stadium a group of our lads started to sing:
"we did it again /
we did it again /
how sh*t you must be /
we did it again",
to the tune of Sloop John B, and on the model of the chant that the Fulham fans sing when they're winning away, "we are winning away, + refrain") (it doesn't happen too often, as you can imagine).

It's fuc*ing genius!

Does anyone of you guys have a video of this chant?

MaestroCesc

Rain Dance said:

Why we were poor that period cause we took our foot off the pedal while their subs were fired up
Really? Bale did nothing until the 2nd half and Sagna had him in his pocket until when Sp**s countered and no one covered Sagna position, so Bale had a headstart so obviously Sagna was never going to catch him, it was when he ran infield he caused us problems as neither Merte or our midfield could deal with him

For their first goal, it was the whole defense's fault, a complete lack of communication

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
MaestroCesc said:
Rain Dance said:

Really? Bale did nothing until the 2nd half and Sagna had him in his pocket until when Sp**s countered and no one covered Sagna position, so Bale had a headstart so obviously Sagna was never going to catch him, it was when he ran infield he caused us problems as neither Merte or our midfield could deal with him

For their first goal, it was the whole defense's fault, a complete lack of communication
He did several burst runs most of it ends up with either an overhit cross or met the head of per/kos before he made his goal. While in the first half Bale was forced to defend

for the first goal, the other 3 step up to play offside

DiamondGooner

Established Member
I was initially a bit miffed when Ade got sent off (even though it was a red) because they were 1-0 up and I wanted AFC to prove their worth and not just make a comeback against a 10 man team but after our 2nd goal I was like what the hell it's Sp**s just destroy them and we'll prove our worth against the next team. :D

Very happy with our attacking display, goals from every single offensive player.

Theo, Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla that's a great sign for their confidence playing together and what they needed.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
Good win led to a good weekend, and everyone's happy. I am not trying to be a spoilsport here, concerns still remain regarding our back line especially our skipper, Vermaelen, who is failing to regain his confidence and giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. He was poor as a CB and does not look comfortable in LB role either. I am not sure what else can be done but hope for Gibbs immediate comeback. On this note I must add, Jan Vertonghen looks a quality signing for spu*s. If only.....

On a positive note, our attacking play was impressive and they did not let us down or the legends like Henry in attendance for this derby game. It appears to me the new signings are working in tandem and finding each other, creating and scoring goals, which was not the case if you go back to the beginning of the season. That's a huge positive.

mo50

Established Member
Great result, although at half time I thought we could've scored 7 or 8 against them with the way we were playing. It was nice to see how direct we were, and with how much urgency we played with. I can't recall any other game where we pumped so many different types of crosses into the box. With Sagna and Walcott bossing the right wing we had plenty of joy from crosses.

Giroud was excellent. Linked up well, took his goal exceptionally and looks a completely different player.

Oh, and it was about ****ing time Mertesacker scored. One of the tallest guys in the league should be scoring a few more headers than he has!

Pea-Tear-Griffin

This result will give us the upturn in fortune and general performance we desperately need. Cazorla's return to form will be essential.

When is Gibbs back?

eye4goal

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:

Bale did outrun him(no head start) but there's no shame in that. It was a race over a long distance and there was only one winner in that case. Sagna still handles better than anyone in the PL, and I don't think Bale troubled him much otherwise

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom