• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Aston Villa FC vs Arsenal FC - Sun. Dec. 13th, 1:30pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverCanuck

Meh. About what I expected.

Encouraged slightly by our second half performance, but we were awful first half. Your second goal was absolutely pathetic from our point of view.

Well done. Hope you win the league.
Can't believe how your left back let Özil had a free run into the box. Reminds me of Denilson.

Hope you can stay up. But you need something drastic to happen before you can turn things around. Not sure if Remi is the solution.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Can someone start the City match thread, please? A lucky someone, hopefully.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Can someone start the City match thread, please? A lucky someone, hopefully.
I would make one, but I don't have the time tonight :confused:

I don't have time for much these days... *sigh* I can try tomorrow though if you guys are willing to wait that long, comes with a pep talk of course! I made the Man U thread and we thrashed them, I think I can take down the whole city! ;)

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Meh. About what I expected.

Encouraged slightly by our second half performance, but we were awful first half. Your second goal was absolutely pathetic from our point of view.

Well done. Hope you win the league.
You guys look woeful bro.

As someone said on SS1's Sunday Supplement, "you've been circling the drain for a few seasons now" - barring an all time miracle, Villa are going down.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
You guys look woeful bro.

As someone said on SS1's Sunday Supplement, "you've been circling the drain for a few seasons now" - barring an all time miracle, Villa are going down.
There's always a team that circles the drain for a few seasons, and very rarely, if ever, do they eventually recover and climb the table again. They always go down eventually.
This season is our turn.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
That Traore lad ran through like Messi towards the end.
That's what happens every time he comes on.
His first run is magnificent because the opposition don't know what's hit them.

Then they immediately give him no space and he becomes almost useless.

Would love to see more of him, but he needs to know how to exploit his talent more.

kopzilla

Always Negative
You Villa fans do give fantastic support to the club though...still singing and cheering on till the last min...we guys should learn from you.

kopzilla

Always Negative
There's always a team that circles the drain for a few seasons, and very rarely, if ever, do they eventually recover and climb the table again. They always go down eventually.
This season is our turn.

Look, the way the manager, owner and the team should see it is that you guys are rock bottom anyway..the worst outcome is that you'll be relegated. So they should just keep giving 100 % as there would be no fear of failure...just keep going..make smart signings in the Jan window and you can turn things around...look at Newcastle..a few wins and there is no doom and gloom anymore.Until the Christmas period if you pick up points, you can keep pace with the other teams.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I'm optimistic about Garde. I've seen improvements in the side and I think he's been unlucky that four of his first five games have been Man City, Southampton, Everton and Arsenal. It's not easy to pick up the ****e that Sherwood left us in and get results out of those fixtures.

Obviously we should have got something from Watford, that's the main blot on his copybook so far. but we did play well in that game, just poor defending cost us.

Starting next week we have a run of 8 or 9 games that are all "winnable" (as winnable as any games can be for a team doing as badly as we are). That will be when I judge Garde. But even if we do start picking up wins, I think it's all too late now.

Emibury

Agree - I think Garde is actually a very good appointment, provided he is willing to stay if Villa are relegated. Villa were quite good second half. I can see them improving and getting close to safety, but there is just not enough quality in the side to get enough points from this position to stay in the league. It will take a couple of very good signings in January who deliver immediately to stay in the division (and luck!).

haha_arsenal

I like how he handles off the pitch matters,
no french speaking,
Grealish fuced up, go train with the reserves, etc.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
He's a very likeable bloke. Off the pitch he just seems great.

He's already committed to stay if we go down. Hopefully he keeps his word

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
You Villa fans do give fantastic support to the club though...still singing and cheering on till the last min...we guys should learn from you.
Our fans could learn from several sets of fans. As soon as things go bad at The Emirates it gets awful. Saying that, things re lot better than a few years ago. Our away fans are ace though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom