• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Chelsea vs Arsenal 20/01/13 - 13:30 SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dysphoria

Established Member
Cudareli said:
People are overestimating the come back by us in the second half.

Just like against City last week, the opposition came out in the second half with the mentality that the game was wrapped up and they just needed to hold on. This is why we have turned it around in the second half, not because we woke up and came out with more fight.

Our squad now, when it comes up against the big teams, is no different to another mid table side coming up against them.

You're wrong, mid table sides also occasionally grab 3 points against the big 3, so far, out of a possible 15 points against them, we only earned 1 point. :lol:

DiamondGooner

Established Member
La Sagna said:
wenger looked unnaturally calm in the post match interview, me things some signings are coming

No that's him thinking "Well at least it's Chelsea and not Bradford, I'll sleep like a baby tonight".

Did any one catch MOTD! what a friggin embarrassment to watch Wilshere shouting for help at his team mates and he get's about as much response as statue would give down Trafalgar bloody square.

Wenger needs to have words and he can have a word with himself while he's at it.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
The guy on MOTD said highlighted exactly what I've been thinking for a long time. We don't press, first half of the game today it was embarrassing how much space we have every Chelsea player.

Second half, we start pressing and we immediately become far more dangerous and create chances. This is happened time and time again this season, and last season.

Why don't we play like that from the start? It's an extremely poor and frustrating tactic.

Tranquil

Cudareli said:
Giroud said:
Arsenal have won 59% of PL games with Arteta playing and 13% without him.

Arteta is absolutely vital to us, it's unbelievable the way we don't have a similar player as back up.

59% is nothing to write home about.

I think that stat just highlights the poor depth that we have.

46% difference for just one player is quite unbelievable tbh. Arsenal fc should be winning more than 13% of games with our reserves let alone our first team minus one player.

mo50

Established Member
Tranquil said:
46% difference for just one player is quite unbelievable tbh. Arsenal fc should be winning more than 13% of games with our reserves let alone our first team minus one player.

The guy has missed something like 5 or 6 games during his time here, hardly a good enough sample size. When two of the games are against City and chelsea away, the stat doesn't really say much. We would've lost with him in the side to both these teams anyway.

Arteta is not a match winner, and his influence is overblown. I'm in the minority here but Diaby is a better fit for our side.

dysphoria

Established Member
****, i just remembered southampton came back from being two goals down at the bridge to draw the game 2-2. :lol: sigh.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
dysphoria said:
RUS arsenal said:
Coquelin, Verms, Gibbs and at times Cazorla played well, every body else was poor especially Sagna and Giroud. Sagna really shouldn't be making mistakes like that considering his experience.

Cazorla has been poor/quiet for a few games now and this one was no different, its obvious that he's tired and being played in different positions is not helping him, as much as i like cazorla, lets be honest, he did not play well.
That's true but at the same time, Cazorla made several really good plays during our "good spell" at the start of the 2nd half, that's what I was alluding to, but yeah, other than that he was bad, especially defensively.

MaestroCesc

mo50 said:
Tranquil said:

The guy has missed something like 5 or 6 games during his time here, hardly a good enough sample size. When two of the games are against City and chelsea away, the stat doesn't really say much. We would've lost with him in the side to both these teams anyway.

Arteta is not a match winner, and his influence is overblown. I'm in the minority here but Diaby is a better fit for our side.
Have to say i agree with this alot, dont get me wrong Areta is a good player for us, but when he has played this season its not like we have been that good anyway. Last season he was alot more important, but this season he can hinder us sometimes.

infineon

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
Have to say i agree with this alot, dont get me wrong Areta is a good player for us, but when he has played this season its not like we have been that good anyway. Last season he was alot more important, but this season he can hinder us sometimes.
Arteta as DM = meh.

Arteta as a third midfielder working to link defence with attack = GREAT.

Last season, when Rosicky was AM, Song was DM and Arteta was the link in between we started to produce our best football.

fabo

6.51 / 10
How bad was Arshavin btw?.........:lol:

Jesus, what a decline. Couldn't do anything right. And **** hair to boot.

dyeruz

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
The guy on MOTD said highlighted exactly what I've been thinking for a long time. We don't press, first half of the game today it was embarrassing how much space we have every Chelsea player.

Second half, we start pressing and we immediately become far more dangerous and create chances. This is happened time and time again this season, and last season.

Why don't we play like that from the start? It's an extremely poor and frustrating tactic.
You can't half press, or press with only some of the players. Watch Barca, heck watch Swansea, see how they hunt in packs, pressuring very soon the opponent gives the ball up.

You can't press with Giroud playing upfront. No legs, no pace, very slow

Airknight

Established Member
fabo said:
How bad was Arshavin btw?.........:lol:

Jesus, what a decline. Couldn't do anything right. And **** hair to boot.

Spot on, awful hair that made him look even fatter.

I thought he would find participate in at least one chance but alas, we can clearly see why Wenger stopped using him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom