• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Norwich vs Arsenal – 5:30pm – 20/10/12 - ESPN

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
-----------
150px-Norwich_City.svg.png
Norwich vs Arsenal
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

----------------------------------------------------- Carrow Road
-------------------------------------------Saturday 20th October 2012
---------------------------------------------------Kick off – 5:30pm
--------------------------------------------
280323155_150.jpg

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mannone
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Ramsey - - Arteta
- Walcott - - - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

Bench: - Martinez, Koscielny, Santos, Frimpong, Arshavin, Chamberlain, Gervinho

My Score Prediction

- Norwich - 0 - - - Arsenal - 3
- - - - - - - - - - - - -- Giroud
- - - - - - - - - - - - -- Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - -- Ramsey

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
hope an good international break without any freaking injuries. norwich just looks cant win these days and they look very awful i expect from us to win this game. i think sagna will retun to this game cuz he is return to full training with rosicky or not?

Mannone

Sagna/Jenko - BFG - Tv5 - Gibbs/Santos

Arteta - Ramsey

Gervinho/Walcott - Cazorla - Poldi

Giroud

2-0.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
mavelous said:
what's wilshere's status for this game?

i think he will not play this game, he just returned he need time to be full fitness i think he will return end at end of october or early november.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They're yet to win and it's after an International break, I hate playing teams who haven't won or are on a bad run, though as long as Dowd isn't the ref I'd expect us to win this by a few goals.

Vela

Established Member
Neither of Sagna or Wilshere will be available for this IMO. To early both should play against Reading at the end of the month in the League Cup.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Hopefully we'll be able to field the same starting 11 of today minus Gervais who will likely be suffering from a jet lag and of course Gibbs replaced by Theo and the man who drives how we wants respectively.

VAVAVOOM 14

I predict a comfortable win, 3-1 or 4-1.It's paramount that we beat both Norwich and QPR before the United game. We can't afford anymore slip ups.

Will Diaby be in contention for this then?

To my calculation, this will be exactly three weeks since the Chelsea game.
Probably too early huh?

This international break may actually be a blessing, gives our injured players more time to recover without missing matches.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I figure it'll be too early for Sagna, Jack, Rosicky, Szczesny or Frimpong to be back for this one, but they shouldn't be far away after this match. I'd expect one or two to make the bench against Schalke and QPR and hopefully for all of them to start against Reading in the Capitol One Cup.

Also, Diaby may be healthy for this one, but no need to rush him back. Maybe give him a spot on the bench if he's fit, but obviously we shouldn't take any chances with him.

This should be a comfortable match.

Mannone
Jenkinson - Merts - TV - Gibbs/Santos
Ramsey - Arteta
Cazorla
Gervinho/Theo - Giroud - Podolski

It's a toss up between Gervinho and Theo at this point, but if one starts the other should come off the bench. And Gibbs may still be out.

However, after this match we could have 6 first teamers -- Sagna, Wilshere, Szczesny, Rosicky, Diaby and Frimpong -- returning from injury and that's pretty exciting.

Floating

Established Member
Now that Giroud got that huge burden off his shoulders, he should start nearly every game for us. He's class and once everything starts to gel, we will be a dangerous unit.

Airknight

Established Member
We don't need Walcott starting to block Cazorla's shots since minute 1, thank you.

Just let Jenkinson press Hoolahan and there shouldn't be a problem at all.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Shouldn't be too much trouble -- but then, often, those are the games that give Arsenal the most trouble.

I'm confident of victory, but watch these guys. They can't possibly be as bad as they were against the Chavs today.

dysphoria

Established Member
we SHOULD win this but i think holt will give us some problems, he's just as physical and can be dominant in the air as carrol was against us but the key difference is that norwich actually *try* to play football and i suspect we'll see a very open game. Hopefully we manage to iron out the defensive issues and avoid individual errors because we really need to take 6 points from the next two league games.

leo_ense

Established Member
This isn't the same Norwich team of last season, they've looked poor so far. I'll refrain from posting a lineup because we could have a few players return for this one (Diaby, Sagna would've been more than 3 weeks in training and playing for the u21s, same goes for Wilshere) however it is unlikely that more than one will be part of the squad. Expect a win though and would like Giroud up top. Arteta gets a nice two week break as does Gibbs/Jenkinson who have played a lot of games in a short amount of time.

VAVAVOOM 14

Floating said:
Now that Giroud got that huge burden off his shoulders, he should start nearly every game for us. He's class and once everything starts to gel, we will be a dangerous unit.

I second that. Giroud is adept at linking up with teammates and bringing others into play, far superior to Gervinho in that respect (I'm not knocking him).

It's just a shame that Gervinho and Podolski both are at their best on the left. Chamberlain hasn't been inspiring so far this year, I just wish Gervinho could RM.

Giroud, Podlski, and Gervinho operating in ideal positions would be an interesting front three.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
I'd like to see Gervinho start up front in this one, I think with Norwich's defensive and general frailties he could run them ragged hopefully like Southampton.

If it's not working bring on Giroud and change tact, suppose you could do this visa versa but I'd rather Gerv start.

Not to sure about RM/RW we have Ox, Theo and Ramsey as an option depending on who's selected to cover Diaby's position.

Finally I'd really like to see Santos get some game time as LW maybe not to start but at some stage.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Must win :)

Norwich look horrible in their defence, but the international break and lack of internationals in their team should provide them with a good period to rethink and work on their improvements.

Giroud must definitely start, his hold up play, movement and his involvement is vital for us to keep constant pressure.

Wenger said Diaby is 3 weeks off. He should be back or close by then.

We won the most difficult West Ham(A), of the 3 games before ManUre. As others said, we should win Norwich(A) and QPR(H) before we go to Old Toilet. By then Diaby and Wilshere should be back.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom