• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Sunderland vs Arsenal – 3:00pm - 11/02/12

ebouenolike

Established Member
Irish_Owen said:
Szczesny's form hasn't dropped at all. He's not being as worked as much as he was earlier in the season, as our defensive displays have increasingly improved, and maybe his talents aren't being showed off as often.

Agree that he tends to have less to do at the moment, just feel a couple of games he hasn't looked quite as assured as I've been used to. He's an absolute class act as a keeper, but just worried that he's looking a little vulnerable in certain situations.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
fabo said:
Anzac said:
celestis said:
I know Henry scored , but I felt Arshavin when he came on changed the game . Two brilliant crosses . The cross for the goal just gets better everytime you see it .

Really???
I thought it was a decent cross into a dangerous area,
but unless I'm mistaken TH gets to the ball on the edge of the 6 yard area & level/inside the near post,
which for me makes it poor defending by defender/s & GK.

Thought it was a pretty superb cross tbh, no backlift and in between the 2 CB's.

We had so much play outside their box without threatening, yet when we did choose to shoot or whip a ball in we snatched the win. Was worrying how blunt we looked at times yesterday.

We had ZERO penetration in the final 1/3 until Arshavin came on. We were a blunt knife. We had no one who could run at and beat his opponent and no one who could play that real killer pass. The team assidiously tried to seek an opening, patiently going absolutely NOWHERE. It took some magic from Arshavin who at least had the ability to run AT his defender(s) and play a cross into a dangerous area. Not surprisingly the 1st goal came from a source other than a painstakingly leaden buildup. Arteta too a shot (the ball can go anywhere after a shot) and it ricocheted to Ramsey and 1-1.

We had enough possession to be able to have done something with it but we failed emphatically to test their goalkeeper until we went a goal down. We have all seen this type of display from an Arsenal team in recent years.

Gervinho will add much need attacking diversity in his return with his ability to beat his defenders one on one. ironically we miss Andre Santos from an attacking POV also as he has that creativity and eye for goal and a cross that will help.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I get the feeling that Gervinho and Arshavin would be starting against Sunderland, next week. It will be interesting to see if they can penetrate their defense better.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom