• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Swansea vs Arsenal | 28/09/13 | 5:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i hope we win.

whoscored preview

2556pmf.png

ffabs2.png

1g96c.png

zvop5k.png

Yaya

Established Member
Would like the same line-up as last weekend with Gnabry out for Akpom, merely because the latter has better off ball movement, whereas the former has been poor in this regard.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Most consecutive away wins in top flight: 11, Chelsea (Premier League between 5 April 2008 and 6 December 2009)

5 straight away wins at the end of last season. 2 this season.

we've won 11 straight away games in all competitions. bayern, 5 league games at the end of last year, CL qualifier, 2 away league games, marseille away, and now the league cup away game.

mo50

Established Member
This is going to be tough and IMO it will be the hardest game of our season yet. That right side is worrying me. Gnabry hasn't done much in the last 2 games, and Ryo looked equally clueless last night.

I'd think about changing the system so we don't necessarily need Gnabry/Ryo. Maybe play 5 in midfield with Flamini-Arteta in the middle, Wilshere left, Özil at AM and Ramsey right. There will be very little pace in the side but the two young ones need loan time before they'll make an impact.

TheGlitch

Ive been waiting for this game since we last play them. Im wondering if wenger gonna use b52 on the wings again.

Gnabry and ryo are young. Lotta pace in them but b52 in these circumstances regularly occupy the wings. Lets see.

We might see,
................. ...sczc
Sagna... merte....kosc.....gibs
............ flamini....arteta
...................ramsey
.....Özil. ......................Wilshere
..................Giroud

Yaya

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
sneezy
sagna-mert-kos-gibbs
gnabry-arteta-ramsey-monreal
Özil
giroud
Wilshere? Eventhough his performance hasn't been excellent, he imo is still a better option wide on the left than Monreal. If Gnabry starts he really needs to fix up his movement off the ball and take risks, otherwise we might as well play with 10 men.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Yaya said:
Would like the same line-up as last weekend with Gnabry out for Akpom, merely because the latter has better off ball movement, whereas the former has been poor in this regard.

Agree with this. At this moment in time, we need the player that gives us what we're missing - movement and pace, not necessarily the best player. Assuming our options are the same as last week, I'd give Akpom a start on the right too.

cannonade

Established Member
I imagine we'll see the same squad as against Stoke. Gnabry will get his run of games and will improve with experience. Jack and MO will be one more game more comfortable with each other. The only possible change is Arteta for Flam. Could see this going either way, but I wouldn't be surprised if Flam starts. Wenger doesn't like to mess with a group that's winning.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gnabry, Ryo played the full 120 mins today, I am not sure we will see them start this game

XI - Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Özil, Wilshere, Eisfeld, Giroud

KyleHyde

Good team, but with a midtable mentality. Be worried with Bony, strong CFs usually tend to overwhelm Kos.

Chez
Sagna-Kos-Per-Gibbs
Art-Rambo
Özil
Jack-Monreal
Giroud.

could convert to two men at front with Akpom or Bendtner if Jack or Nacho fails to threaten at the flanks, would not be opposed to seeing Eisfeld as well(as a cameo most likely), he doesnt do much but he has a knack for getting into good positions and is. a pretty decent finisher. Certainly seems alot more than what Ryo and perhaps Gnabry can offer.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
TheGlitch said:
Ive been waiting for this game since we last play them. Im wondering if wenger gonna use b52 on the wings again.

Gnabry and ryo are young. Lotta pace in them but b52 in these circumstances regularly occupy the wings. Lets see.

We might see,
................. ...sczc
Sagna... merte....kosc.....gibs
............ flamini....arteta
...................ramsey
.....Özil. ......................Wilshere
..................Giroud

Think either this or Mo50s line-up is what we'll see. Wenger won't have faith in the kids in an away game vs Swansea, he'll play his seniors even if it means shifting them a bit. We'll be good defensively too with that line-up.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
It will be an open and very entertaining match which we'll win. Wizard of Öz will score his first goal for Arsenal and assist three. 4-1 to us. Giroud, Kos, Ramsinho & Öz.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Özil against a team that'll throw men forward? Yes please.

This is the last game we have to get through with our current injuries, after this we should have at least Rosicky and Cazorla back for Napoli.

GG8

260913091826.png

If were are on about playing five midfielders, with no recgonised winger in there, how about this?

3 across the middle gives us plenty of protection, leaving Jack and Özil to cause damage in behind. Ive been impressed with their link-up play, looks very promising, and having them both play off and around Giroud could work well.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
GG8 said:
260913091826.png

If were are on about playing five midfielders, with no recgonised winger in there, how about this?

3 across the middle gives us plenty of protection, leaving Jack and Özil to cause damage in behind. Ive been impressed with their link-up play, looks very promising, and having them both play off and around Giroud could work well.

I like that, as long as Gibbs and Sagna get back each time they come up. I think we would dominate the middle for sure and Özil, Wilshere & Giroud will surely create for each other.

kenkbc2

Arteta looked physically spent when he came off. Hope he recovers in time to play a part as the other options available looked pretty depressing last night.

Camel

It's always funny with Arsenal, I remember times we played without fullbacks, with 4 CBs. Now we have no wingers, Wilshere and Gnabri on the wings.

I hope to win but it would be hard with the Swans.

Caz19

Camel said:
It's always funny with Arsenal, I remember times we played without fullbacks, with 4 CBs. Now we have no wingers, Wilshere and Gnabri on the wings.

I hope to win but it would be hard with the Swans.

Well, it's a terrible stroke of bad luck. We basically have 4 wingers competing for 2 spots (Podolski and Cazorla on the left, Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain on the right). That's enough depth in my eyes.

It just had to be that all 4 of them would be injured at the same time :(

GoonerBoy19

I don't expect Arteta to be fit for this game, probably we can play bellerin on right wing. He looked good yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom