• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Euro 2004: Group A Matches

Spartan

Adam said:
Greeks will not have enough to go much further hopefully. They are boring under this German guy, waste time, and dive professionally. All in all, a disatisfying watch. I do like watching Dellas though.

dont be a hater...we cant all play like brazil

predicted the score and won a bet...woohooo!!!

ELLADA!!!! :D

siddharth

It seems Spain v/s portugal is going to be one hell of a match . :p

Spain played gr8 attacking football and greece defended very well , Dellas and seitaridis in particular were brilliant. Spain should have won but missed many chances and paid the price.

Raul and owen are involved in a battle to prove who is the most crap forward of the tournament . :wink:

That said did anyone notice that Le Boss was at the Greece - Spain match. :eek:
I'm pretty much sure he was watching some player . I hope it's seitaridis , the guy is simply awsome !!! though we can't rule out Vicente since he's having trouble signing a new contract with valencia . :twisted:
Also Dellas would be a gr8 signing. I hope Wenger finds a great player at EURO and brings him to Arsenal . ;D

Spartan

thegame24 said:
Spartan said we'll do it

GET IN THERE!!!

hehe i told you to have faith re!!!

this tournaments been amazing for us...i thought we could suprise a few people but not this much...PLUS i won at the bookies yesterday!!!

i put 2 quid on the 1-1 draw and halftime spain and fulltime draw...dunno the odds though, i'll go pick up my winnings after work :)

AFCG7

Established Member
Dellas has been very good so far.. but i'll wait and see how he defends against someone pacy/direct like Rooney/Henry before i put him on my wish list.

AFCG7

Established Member
True.. but Pauleta didnt get any service at all... and Dellas would eat him up in the air anyway.
Raul is in crap form.. Morientes scored at least, have to admit though he did the job on Figo very well.

bobbypires

Established Member
Portugal 2-0 Russia
Simply horrible. Russia was better playing with 10 (the keeper didn't touch the ball with his hand). Only Greece is doing well in this group.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
alrighty then... didnt see this coming...

Portugal wins the group, Greece 2nd and Spain OUT..... whoa.... intersting last day...... 4 hours ago, i would have said Spain & Greece for sure...

JazzG

Established Member
Spain are out!

Lost 1-0 after a goal from Nuno Gomez. Portugal looked the better side.

Spain just went missing today, none of their big players showed up today.

Henry IV

Well done Portugal for recovering and congratulations to Greece for escaping a hard group. We've grown accustomed to Spain disappointing at major tournaments.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i will say based on this match, Portugal deserve to go thru and spain deserve to be out....

and very high congrats to the Greeks....

brianfrance

Established Member
how **** that the 2 matches are in the same time !
Well, now I really to see the french beat switzerland, don't want to see france vs portugal, we'd be out.

kanuuu

Established Member
I feel sorry for Spain, such a good side who i thought might finally do it, and i also had 5 players in my fantasy league team. evil:

AFCG7

Established Member
Portugal did it , and saved Scolari's blushes... he is a crazy coach .. he needed to win this game yet only started with one striker, and then replaced him with another one.In the Greek game he refused to put NUno Gomes on as a 2nd striker even after going into the break 1-0 down.. its clear that the Portuguese approach play is brilliant but the forward line is really lacking.
I hope he uses two front men for the remainder of the tournament.. otherwise his players will make a million chances but have no one in the box to put them away.

AFCG7

Established Member
By the way.. Spain should thank the RUssians for a huge effort vs the Greeks.. with a bit more luck in the latter stages they could have scored that one more goal that would have put SPain through.. then again they didnt deserve it!

Spartan

oh my God i **** my pants!!!!

i had so many whiskeys to calm me down!! i dont care if we lose now...i'm so proud!!! ;D

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom