• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton FC: Everten Points Deducted

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I'm not financial expert, so I don't understand one thing.
They monitor 3 years period to see if clubs breach P&S rules.

So they have charged Everton first time last year for certain 3 years period (let's say 2020/21/22).
And then again this year second time (let's say 2021/22/23)

So, second time, it is 2 years from previous monitoring period.
Isn't this the case that they are charged twice for basically the same breach?

Meanwhile, in 115 charges FC, business as usual.
Ish. The fact is Everton could have avoided double trouble had they sold players. The fact is they (and anyone watching football finances) knew they were likely going to break the rules, and for more than one season, and didn't try that hard to ensure they didn't. Yes they sold Richarlison, but they kept buying...had they made a couple less signings and relied on youth for those positions, this wouldn't be a thing.

As for 116 charges, its a whole different thing. Everton's case is so straight forward based on public domain info, that even I knew 2 years ago that they were in the **** if they didn't have a bit of a fire sale. City's is all about what they have deliberately obscured/lied about/misreported. It is VERY hard to prove against their army of lawyers funded by the oild dosh, given the greater difficulty of proving ill intent and the he-said/ she-said nature of some of the evidence, but if any of the major charges get proven, its very probable that they will be relegated at least

HattoriHanzo

Ish. The fact is Everton could have avoided double trouble had they sold players. The fact is they (and anyone watching football finances) knew they were likely going to break the rules, and for more than one season, and didn't try that hard to ensure they didn't. Yes they sold Richarlison, but they kept buying...had they made a couple less signings and relied on youth for those positions, this wouldn't be a thing.

As for 116 charges, its a whole different thing. Everton's case is so straight forward based on public domain info, that even I knew 2 years ago that they were in the **** if they didn't have a bit of a fire sale. City's is all about what they have deliberately obscured/lied about/misreported. It is VERY hard to prove against their army of lawyers funded by the oild dosh, given the greater difficulty of proving ill intent and the he-said/ she-said nature of some of the evidence, but if any of the major charges get proven, its very probable that they will be relegated at least
I know that City case is much trickier, much harder to prove.
Everton admitted their guilt, thefefore it was very straightforward.

What I don't understand is how they can charge Everton twice, in 2 consequent years when they monitor 3 years period.
They were charged last year for, let's say, years 2020/21/22.
Then again this year for, let's say, years 2021/22/23.

So, they are charged now again for 2 years they were charged already last year.
To me it looks like they are charged twice for the same breach.
This is what I don't understand.

I'm not financial expert, so I'm probably wrong.

HattoriHanzo

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Luxury tax, similar to NBA.
Maybe, who knows?

Why a Premier League luxury tax would lead to financial chaos

Anyway, Prem has become a joke.
What they do to Everton is circus.
First 10 pts deduction, then they gave them 4 pts back and now new 2 pts deduction?
This is not serious, who will be relegated in the end of season?
How many points Everton will have in the end?
It is terrible for the richer clubs, it would create an enforced parity of end results. Ffp was supposed to do that; and a lot of time and money it took to establish and finally give it teeth. If they don’t deal with City then it will have failed. But it seems that finally they are putting teeth to it

HattoriHanzo

Rishi has already received the payoff from the gulf. Nothing will happen to them.
Manchester City is not a football club in this context. It is an arm of a highly influential nation state, with whom the UK did £25bn of trade last year. Two years ago the UAE, led by Abu Dhabi’s state fund Mubadala, agreed a multibillion-pound investment in British infrastructure. The chief executive of Mubadala, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, is also chairman of Manchester City.

The same year the UK prime minister met Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, deputy supreme commander of the UAE armed forces to agree a key defence pact. Sheikh Mohamed’s brother is Sheikh Mansour, the de facto owner of Manchester City. Er. Can we have a word old bean, about this soccer stuff?

This is simply the realpolitik here. We know the Foreign Office has discussed the Premier League charges with its counterparts in Abu Dhabi. We know ministers are prepared to stand in front of the department for culture, media and sport and maintain, absurdly, that Newcastle are owned “by a fund” not a state actor because this is a necessary line and these are vital relationships as the UK flounders in a world wracked with war and carbon dependency.

Premier League’s greed may consume it as Manchester City’s date with destiny looms

Who cares about fair competition and same rules for all clubs anymore?

Tom Mix

This is absurd. I really feel for the Everton fans, how they are being kicked about from week to week. Meanwhile silence on City and silence on Chelsea. And Leicester's points will be deducted next season!

Gander and goose have different sauces.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal winning the title on the last day, with Luton beating Everton to safety then too...

FrBXD5vXwAU_NWx.png

lomekian

Essays are my thing
This is absurd. I really feel for the Everton fans, how they are being kicked about from week to week. Meanwhile silence on City and silence on Chelsea. And Leicester's points will be deducted next season!

Gander and goose have different sauces.
Also, obvious and simple admitted financial breaches that are in black in white are much quicker to process than grand scale dishonesty, cover-ups, fraud and cheating that a club with a nation state funded army of lawywer who managed to get UEFA stopped on technicalities. The EPL have to get things right with City to have any impact. Any **** ups will get nailed in years or decades of legal fighting, and they have to prove things that are VERY difficult to actually prove without a cast-iron trail of evidence and documentation (both of which are being deliberately obscured).

The Everton case could have taken a week as it was absolute cut and dried

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
No framework in place for this is a farce.

Shouldn't Everton (or anyone) get a stricter punishment for breaching the rules again, not a lesser one?

TornadoTed

Established Member
They are seriously pissed off on the Wolves forum, they got rid of 8 players last Summer to avoid FFP penalties. Many feel they would have had more points this season with those players minus any points deduction.

When you look at how they are struggling lately due to a paper thin squad it hardly encourages other teams to stick to the rules. While Everton will probably stay up anyway and keep all their players, start afresh next season like nothing every happened.

Melquiades

Luxury tax, similar to NBA.
Maybe, who knows?

Why a Premier League luxury tax would lead to financial chaos

Anyway, Prem has become a joke.
What they do to Everton is circus.
First 10 pts deduction, then they gave them 4 pts back and now new 2 pts deduction?
This is not serious, who will be relegated in the end of season?
How many points Everton will have in the end?

It's just an absolutely embarrassing look for the PL, bush-league stuff. Hard to give the league any credibility when this is how they manage their affairs.

It's not that bloody hard. Punishments should be in place from the start of the season.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom