• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expiring Contracts - Summer 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: Players whose contracts expire in Summer 2009

Um, yes, I noticed that. The point is that we need someone cheap and readymade in january though, and I'd imagine van Bommel is a type of player who appeals to Wenger. Who cares if he's only gonna be here for one and a half or two seasons then? We've got a great winger in Walcott anyway once he's back. It's when he's missing and Nasri's injured that we're suffering.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

yeah, but he was bought as a backup (only by injuries that he started so many games already)... plus do you REALLY want to use Silvestre as a yardstick for bringing in 31 year olds? judging on performances, we'll never sign another 31 year old, ever... LOL

we need someone in the midfield as a starter... i am thinking that Wenger wont be getting van Bommel as a starter..

i dont dislike van Bommel as a player... tough as nails with a bit of a nasty streak (or more than a "bit").. although, has had his share of run-ins with us in the past

just dont see it happening... wouldnt be against it though...

Thommybhoy

Established Member

It seems Olic will be joining Bayern Munchen in summer, he passes medical and only official announcement has to take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom