• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 29/01/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 236
  • Views 8,509

Mostarac

Established Member
I watched the game on TV today. Lehmann almost let an backpass from Flamini slip in goal. Cygan was actually very good today, so was Campbell and Eboue. We dominated almost the entire match and created many chances which we should have taken. Anyway, a good win for Arsenal today.

JazzG

Established Member
beyondforever said:
This is the problem with arsenal. we can create 14 or 15 chances but can only score one or two goal or even none. we really have to take the chances and score more goals. this is wolves we are dealing with. what if we are playing against chelsea or MU and we may get punished if we created many chances but still can't sore enough to win the game? This problem has been going for few yrs already. remember that UEFA cup final in 2000? we created more than 10 chances in that game and yet we can't score any and in the end we lose the match and the cup.

I think you are going over the top here mate. Considering how poorly we have played in recent weeks I am very pleased that we are once again playing like we know we can. You are never going to put all your chances away but it is very pleasing we are once again creating these chances. Even at the start of the season we were missing loads of good chances but scoring 3 or 4 and everyone was happy. It has taken a lot of time to recover from our blip and this is a very good sign going into the final run in, only the old Arsenal can catch Chelsea now. If they see us playing well again it will put them under that little bit more pressure.

Think the Wolves defense and GK had one of those days, their GK was by miles their best player and I hear he pulled off some great saves.

beyondforever

don't get me worng man. i'm not expecting us to score goals in every match and score more than five goals in every match if we created more than ten chances. it's just that i noticed in many matches we have so many chances and more than other teams and yet in the end we messed up and can't score any or just one or two and drew, lose or nearly lose the match. i don't know why. maybe we tried too hard to score perfect and beautiful goals that we forget sometimes in football simplicity works best or better.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Oakes was everywhere; kind of like Given last sunday. it wasn't a great game, but a solid win.

cygan was without a doubt our best player out there. ROCK solid. no mistakes, great aerial strength, solid on the ground, great passing and calm.

eboue deserves to be mentioned as well. a bit unpolished and sometimes caught out of position, but he impressed me. it's easy to see why wenger brought him in. great ball control, always willing to go forward, solid passing and looks strong and quick. just sort out the positioning and he could be the next great thing. i can't see hoyte having a future here...

Ridge

Henry IV said:
According to the BBC match report, Henry did the thing he did against Friedel last season - nicking it from the keeper as he was about to kick it clear - but the goal was disallowed.
yeah, but mike riley disallowed it, what a ****.

eboue had quite a good game, he was doing the stepovers in the penalty box and then hit the bar. looks like his the only signing in janaury, and he might be our answer.(midfield)

we had plenty more chances but thier keeper Oakes had a good game.
2-0 is enough anyway.

JazzG

Established Member
I'd agree with your beautiful goal comment, we are always looking for fancy goals and that can be very frustrating

beyondforever

Nevertheless i'm glad that we played well and created numerous chances in our last two games even though it's quite nerve wrecking that we have to wait till second half then we scored the first goal. This means we are starting to pick ourselves up and killing the opponents off

beyondforever

i wonder if we played simple football at times we would have won more games and perhaps more titles. Wenger's stubborness to playing attractive football at all times may have won many fans over but also has hinder our title challenge at times.

patrick42uk

Established Member
beyondforever said:
i wonder if we played simple football at times we would have won more games and perhaps more titles. Wenger's stubborness to playing attractive football at all times may have won many fans over but also has hinder our title challenge at times.

bollocks

kiddou

it's like Arsène stands by the line and shouts '' Play some beautiful football for christ sake !! '' :) heheh
and I like our team playing exciting footy rather than creating 1 chance and scoring 1 goal for 90 mins.

awooga83

Established Member
We have been playing alot better recently and we haven't been able to score goals but that will come as the confidence returns to the team we will start to score more goals its ineviatable the hardest bit is getting the team playing together with the belief we had before, from this match and even the Newcatsle match to an extent we have started to play the football we know and we have had plenty of chances in both of those games to kill them off but previously we haven't done that, look at Bolton or man city not that many chances in either of those. But now we have created lots of chances and looked quite cofortable or as much as you can with a 1-0 scoreline.

arsenal98

We´re through and with no worries whatsoever....

Lehmann 6 - nowt to do and when called upon very nervous..
Eboue 7 - ok performance, offensive-minded, though Freddie didn´t support him enough
Sol 7 - should be our captain
Cygan 7 - stable against championship opponents
Clichy 6 - don´t like his hesitant style once he reaches the halfway line, no serious mistakes, though
Freddie 7 - got the goal and was in the right place on many occasions
Flamini 7 - steady, harrying and hassleing good cross for Reyes to volley one
Paddy 8 - improving and also showing more presence. The opponents need to know he´s there
Reyes 6 - trying and trying, missing the final touch to many shots
Van Persie 6 - should have been subbed earlier for Owusu
Henry 6 - moody, pissed off by Riley for disallowing his goal and so were we

Pires 7 for Reyes - had a few good chances after a few minutes getting going
Cesc 6 for Van Persie - could have rested alltogether, a few nice passes
Owusu 6 for Freddie - not much time to do anything and wasn´t fed balls by the others

hujja

Established Member
I didn't see anything wrong with Thierry's "goal". Maybe Riley didn't allow the goal because it looked so unorthodox and bizarre.........or maybe he was just being a stupid ****ing Manc.

koivu

I believe Riley wasn't even looking at the time, he had his back to the play and the first he saw was the ball in the back of the net. He didn't consult with his linesman either.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
koivu said:
RockyRocastle said:
Crap, boring game.

Hopefully we will get a nice away draw in the next round.

I would take another 'boring' 2-0 home win next round anytime

Well thats up to you, but me personally much prefer away games in the cup against a lower division team or a prem team where you get far more tickets.

You cant beat those games, goin away with the lads, new grounds, new fans,pubs etc its just more fun.

Beats sitting with a bunch of ****** in silence at highbury any day.

Spike

Established Member
To those who are planning to book tickets for the West Stand Lower....I recommend that you don't book in Block T rows 37 or above. You can barely see anything, and you'll probably have to stand on the edge to get a decent view.

The game was boring, maybe it was because I couldn't see anything, oh I could have even sat with my eyes closed.

No more cheap West Stand seats for me, I'll be back in North Upper next time. (Even though it's expensive, you get a great view)

Anyone got news on Reyes, I think he took a little knock.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom