• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 12/03/05

kanuuu

Established Member
Slapz you can defend the way the play as they can play how they like but can you defend the way they literally kick us off the pitch in every ****ing game and then have the cheeks to complain about us and the ref even though theyve been getting away with murder all match?

slapz

kanuuu said:
Slapz you can defend the way the play as they can play how they like but can you defend the way they literally kick us off the pitch in every f****g game and then have the cheeks to complain about us and the ref even though theyve been getting away with murder all match?

No, I dont like it as much as you or anyone else

AFCG7

Established Member
About Davis Bouldy big Tone Smudger and Wrighty.. the style may have been similar to Boltons' in terms of where our goals came from, but the dirty play is another story. We were big, good in the air, strong in the tackle , but we were FAIR.

AFCG7

Established Member
Speaking of Bedarra Island.. Bolton's squad just enjoyed a nice break in Tenerife recently while our players were bustin their asses in the CL. Makes the victory all the more sweeter then considering how hard our players worked.

jeromelee

Not a result we should be happy about considering the way we played. Frankly I don't see how we can celebrate the win over Bolton when anyone watching the game should know that we played terribly. If not for a stupid elbowing incident poor finishing we would've been punished easily. Bolton missed a couple of lob/cross into the boxes which again we fail to cover despite having Kolo and Senderos at CB whom are both tall. So what if Freddy scored one fairly reasonable goal which we would've expected him to score from that position anyway when he could miss something that would've been easier to score.

I'm not just trying to be sour grapes or put a damper on our victory. But playing the way we did, we were lucky to get away with a win. Yah so what if everyone needs luck every now and then. Do we want to depend on luck alone? Everyone says look at the number of skilled players we have. Look at the number of young stars we have for the future. Frankly, no one is performing. I don't believe I saw many if any stars in the Arsenal game against Bolton. Everyone had a pretty lame game.

This season if more or less over already. I just hope I don't have to endure another season of watching only unknown players come into Arsenal. It's about freaking time some real genuine, tested players are brought in. If we do not gain success in Europe soon we'll be losing more stars like Cole.

Wake up and smell the dung guys. The performance against Bolton was crap and we all know it. So what if we won. If we have 6-7 goal scoring opportunities and only score 1 we're not really finishing good enough. So what if we kept a clean sheet? We were 1 man up and should've easily defended against set pieces but instead we looked shaky at the back as usual. Some serious thoughts should be put into the style of play as well as the type of players we need for next season cause this season is more or less over.

quattro

I'm not just trying to be sour grapes or put a damper on our victory. But playing the way we did, we were lucky to get away with a win.
were you watching how THEY were playing against us?

oh wait i forgot... that doesn't matter. we ALWAYS have to steamroll everybody. its our god-given right because we are arsenal. :roll:

This season if more or less over already. I just hope I don't have to endure another season of watching only unknown players come into Arsenal.
well maybe you don't have to. there's always chelsea and their "great" players.

jeromelee

quattro said:
I'm not just trying to be sour grapes or put a damper on our victory. But playing the way we did, we were lucky to get away with a win.
were you watching how THEY were playing against us?

oh wait i forgot... that doesn't matter. we ALWAYS have to steamroll everybody. its our god-given right because we are arsenal. :roll:

It's always wonderful to see really "educated" fans compare us to the likes of Bolton instead of the likes of Chelsea.

Wake up smartass. Yes I do like the way Chelsea plays. Only a fool wouldn't find the way they play exactly what is need to win a championship. No I do not need to steamroll past everyone. But I would like to see a nice solid all round performance for a change which I haven't seen Arsenal do in a while.

Yes I think we should've played much better against Bolton. Because I believe we should be a class above them.

I respect your thoughts that Arsenal should be happy with a win against Bolton which also played crap but personally (I said "PERSONALLY") I don't rate us in the same class so I would really expect a much more convincing win, if not by the scoreline at least by the performance.

Cheers to you mate. We are all fans. I've been for 19 yrs this year. Guess I don't know as much about football as you. Congrats on your wonderful indepth knowledge on football. And congrats to you for thinking the team is playing well. I think we can do better.

Allyboy

Established Member
In the FA Cup it does not matter how you win, its the fact that you do it.

Do you think United fans cared that we should have be 3-0 up last year in the cup tie and that they only created one chance? I doubt it.

I thought our performance was very professional and bar the first five minutes of the half, in the second half we never really looked troubled.

When was the last time the side went to the Reebok and blew Bolton away with blistering football?

If you go there it is going to be a scrap and for once we came out on top.

When you are struggling like we are, to go to one of your bogey teams and guts out a win HAS to be a good result, no matter how good the actual football was!

Biggus

Established Member

Thats right, Its a cup game, After 19 years you should know better Jeromelee, Bolton are/always will be ****e, Alladyce and Diouf are **** end-of-story roll on the Grannystuffers in the final :D

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Jeromlee, Did u watch the Chelsea game against Bolton at the reebok? Just appreciate the win man cos thats all u can get from there.

kanuuu

Established Member
Re: Bolton V Arsenal

kanuuu said:
Another 1-0 i reckon.

Wow i just realised i actually predicted a score correctly, theres a first time for everything eh.

quattro

We are all fans. I've been for 19 yrs this year.
you've been an arsenal fan for 19 years and you can't appreciate a good scrap in a place where all you can expect is a scrappy game? who were you watching in the first ten? real madrid?

please... :roll:

cn174

Allyboy said:
Aye exactly!

Rovers have got to the semi finals, by just being good enough. I know being Arsenal you expect it a bit more, but you're in the semi finals! Be happy! We've played pretty naff football in all our cup games but we're there and I really dont care about how we've won the games so far.

And to be honest a game against Bolton is always going to be a scrappy game, cos thats how they play and how they beat teams.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom