• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Fabio Vieira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The delay is because we're trying to convince PV4 to make a cameo in the announcement

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Bissouma? He’s been one of the best mids in the best league in Europe. He’s one of the reasons why a small club like Brighton is doing so well. No need to rubbish.

There seems to be no sexual assault case for him to answer either, he’s released without bail.

Easily the most overrated player on A-M at the moment, honestly, and will go out on a limb and say he’s just another one of those A-M fads that will look a bit funny in retrospect. Like other top level misfits and limited footballers and A-M fads like Willock, AMN, and Pepe (easily the best of these three, but still always a very overrated player on here).

Legend14

Established Member
Easily the most overrated player on A-M at the moment, honestly, and will go out on a limb and say he’s just another one of those A-M fads that will look a bit funny in retrospect. Like other top level misfits and limited footballers and A-M fads like Willock, AMN, and Pepe (easily the best of these three, but still always a very overrated player on here).
This comment is hopeful at best. The player already has shown what he can do. This is 25m well spent regardless of Arsenal’s interest.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I suppose the only blemish is that he’s left-footed. If he was right-footed that would give perfect variety with Ødegaard. Other than that I can’t grasp what people are complaining about.

Legend14

Established Member
I suppose the only blemish is that he’s left-footed. If he was right-footed that would give perfect variety with Ødegaard. Other than that I can’t grasp what people are complaining about.
Whats your opening day starting lineup? I assume you plan to put both AMs in the lineup given the investment.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Whats your opening day starting lineup? I assume you plan to put both AMs in the lineup given the investment.

This is a question for Senor Mikel Arteta, I do not have the requisite hairline to answer such a question.

6666Louis

the future is even more tactical and with 5 subs there’s many options to change depending on opponent, and to add new tempo or style during games

vs lower half of the table

Martinelli vieira Jesu ødegaard Saka
Partey
Martinez Gabriel White Tomi

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
This comment is hopeful at best. The player already has shown what he can do. This is 25m well spent regardless of Arsenal’s interest.
Yeah, can't agree. Top midfielders just don't look like this:

83C32BB5-1112-4E6B-83E5-BCAB4A6DFCCA.png

Compare for instance to Casemiro, who is similarly hidden in possession in Madrid's build-up, and has two world class midfielders to receive playing alongside him always, yet still is far more involved (88th percentile to 53rd percentile for Yves in passes attempted).

E884D4C1-FEAE-4656-9BE1-526F43AC5DB6.png

53rd percentile in passes attempted and some of those other possession stats (7th percentile in progressive passes is really alarming) are massive red flags for a central midfielder, even a destroyer (like Casemiro). There just really isn't that much upside for a player like that and it's not like we're talking about a counter-attacking system or without the ball style, we're talking about a side who had significantly more average possession than we did, 4th in the league, and yet his stats in possession are significantly worse than Elneny's.

His top 2 comps that come up are Kondogbia and Guido Rodríguez. I'd imagine that Kondogbia is his absolute upside and Guido probably a more realistic / conservative comp.

In the end we're talking about a really not particularly interesting player that has been overhyped like crazy on this forum for whatever reason, and who is not deserving of all of the discussion there has been about him, and most importantly a player that certainly isn't worth £25m, and is worth even less to us in our style than he is in a counter-attacking style like Conté's (where, again, feel free to bookmark this post, I would bet my life he won't regularly start, as Hojberg and Bentacur are superior footballers), where he's also not worth £25m.

In short, looks to me like a £7-15m type player (for a Conté style side, for us he's a non-starter), and I repeat, someone I'm rather confident we will look back and laugh at as an Arsenal fan fad, like many BBM (Big, Black Midfielders--The Wire reference if anyone can catch it here) that Arsenal fans so fetichise, from Sangare to Doucoure to a million other names we've long since forgotten.

(Even Thomas was a victim of this fetichising tbh, this desire to re-imagine every big, black midfielder as Vieira--or fetichise their abilities without actually taking a real look at the personality of the player himself--when in reality if you watched Thomas at Atléti he always resembled more players like Fernandinho or late era Schweinsteiger or Rodri than the Vieira style b2b this forum made him out to be).

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah, can't agree. Top midfielders just don't look like this:

View attachment 7346

Compare for instance to Casemiro, who is similarly hidden in possession in Madrid's build-up, and has two world class midfielders to receive playing alongside him always, yet still is far more involved (88th percentile to 53rd percentile for Yves in passes attempted).

View attachment 7347

53rd percentile in passes attempted and some of those other possession stats (7th percentile in progressive passes is really alarming) are massive red flags for a central midfielder, even a destroyer (like Casemiro). There just really isn't that much upside for a player like that and it's not like we're talking about a counter-attacking system or without the ball style, we're talking about a side who had significantly more average possession than we did, 4th in the league, and yet his stats in possession are significantly worse than Elneny's.

His top 2 comps that come up are Kondogbia and Guido Rodríguez. I'd imagine that Kondogbia is his absolute upside and Guido probably a more realistic / conservative comp.

In the end we're talking about a really not particularly interesting player that has been overhyped like crazy on this forum for whatever reason, and who is not deserving of all of the discussion there has been about him, and most importantly a player that certainly isn't worth £25m, and is worth even less to us in our style than he is in a counter-attacking style like Conté's (where, again, feel free to bookmark this post, I would bet my life he won't regularly start, as Hojberg and Bentacur are superior footballers), where he's also not worth £25m.

In short, looks to me like a £7-15m type player (for a Conté style side, for us he's a non-starter), and I repeat, someone I'm rather confident we will look back and laugh at as an Arsenal fan fad, like many BBM (Big, Black Midfielders--The Wire reference if anyone can catch it here) that Arsenal fans so fetichise, from Sangare to Doucoure to a million other names we've long since forgotten.

(Even Thomas was a victim of this fetichising tbh, this desire to re-imagine every big, black midfielder as Vieira--or fetichise their abilities without actually taking a real look at the personality of the player himself--when in reality if you watched Thomas at Atléti he always resembled more players like Fernandinho or late era Schweinsteiger or Rodri than the Vieira style b2b this forum made him out to be).
This is like some sort of university dissertation. Well done lol

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's a sign of the times. 10 years ago this signing wondn't have excited anyone.
Not even the top 3 most exciting players we’re linked to this summer and you’re telling me I should be excited. :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It's a sign of the times. 10 years ago this signing wondn't have excited anyone.

Reyes was one of the biggest hype signings in Wenger's time at the club. A completely unknown, talented youngster and the signing came out of nowhere. This was also during our most successful period. Disingenuous to say these types of signings aren't exciting for fans.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not even the top 3 most exciting players we’re linked to this summer and you’re telling me I should be excited. :lol:
Yeah. It's decent at best. Nothing earth-shattering

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agendas on this forum are borderline ridiculous now. Man like @Makingtrax would be making potato salad in his pants if it was Wenger/Gazidis making this signing.

Yes, Arteta has it all to prove. But let’s not try and pretend this signing and others we are linked to aren’t exciting additions.
God himself could have signed him for all I care, but I won't be making potato salad in my pants until I've actually watched him play. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom