• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Looking back it's kinda sad we only had the Ramsey-Arteta midfield with Özil ahead for a short period of time. First half of 13/14 we were unreal with that midfield, then Rambo got injured, then Özil got injured and we didn't really have it again until the FA Cup final. After that Arteta's legs went completely and we had no real replacement for him so had to alter the midfield.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Looking back it's kinda sad we only had the Ramsey-Arteta midfield with Özil ahead for a short period of time. First half of 13/14 we were unreal with that midfield, then Rambo got injured, then Özil got injured and we didn't really have it again until the FA Cup final. After that Arteta's legs went completely and we had no real replacement for him so had to alter the midfield.

Coq-Santi with Mesut ahead and Ramsey and Sanchez on the wing, was a better midfield for me...put Auba in this team, and we’re golden.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Coq-Santi with Mesut ahead and Ramsey and Sanchez on the wing, was a better midfield for me...put Auba in this team, and we’re golden.

That pairing required Ramsey coming in to make it a three and it was very good. I just think Arteta-Ramsey allowed us to play the better football. Arteta's ability in the first phase meant Ramsey get get further forward and him and Özil were lethal between the lines and linking up. We lack pace up front tho, we'd have been a shoe-in for the title for a pacey striker, or heck even if Theo and Ramsey didn't get injured as we became too predictable after that.

Regardless in both instances you always felt we left ourselves a bit short, there was always something missing which couldn't take us to that next level.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I had to go other, Per was always a player I liked & admired, very disappointed when he retired. Özil, Rosicky & Sagna are all pretty close, hard to leave any of those guys out haha.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That pairing required Ramsey coming in to make it a three and it was very good. I just think Arteta-Ramsey allowed us to play the better football. Arteta's ability in the first phase meant Ramsey get get further forward and him and Özil were lethal between the lines and linking up. We lack pace up front tho, we'd have been a shoe-in for the title for a pacey striker, or heck even if Theo and Ramsey didn't get injured as we became too predictable after that.

Regardless in both instances you always felt we left ourselves a bit short, there was always something missing which couldn't take us to that next level.

I always look at the 2015 team, and think how close we were to winning the league...

Bellerin-Kos-Per-Monreal
Caz-Coq
Ramsey-Özil-Alexis
...it just worked for me...Caz was outstanding, but sometimes his legs let him down...Ramsey being the athlete he is, comes inside, problem solved...this allows Özil to drift to the right which he liked to do on occasions, meaning our right hand side wouldn’t be too vacated...and even if it was, that just left more space from prime Hector to exploit anyway...and with Bellerín being very attacking, that wouldn’t even leave us too exposed st the back...as the more defensive fullback in the Nacho Man would always be there to help out Kos and Per, which was our last great paring sure the back...finally you have Coq just protecting the back four brilliantly, and Sanchez causing havoc on the left!

Real shame that team fell apart so quickly :(

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I cant pick one lol I have several that I truly loved, this just makes me realize how good our teams used to be, mind you we still have talent but out of our current team my fav. players are: Leno, Torreira, PEA and Martinelli

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Santi easily. If he doesn't bury that free kick when we're trailing 2-0 to Hull in the FA Cup Final, I don't think we win that match and who knows how long the trophy drought continues. He saved us from going a decade without a trophy and was excellent for the entire time he was fit to play. He also loves the club and always played like it.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta was a medium to good player and a consistent if not safe passer but extremely slow and very easily bypassed by nimble opponents.

He needed a proper DM next to him rather than Ramsey and we never progressed further than scraping top 4 and CL group stages/1st knockout because Wenger neglected bring in a seasoned DM like Klopp did with Fabinho.

Özil had that one purple patch but made us even more vulnerable. That nucleus and 4-2-3-1 switch was the start of our routine humblings in big games.

benjamin86

Established Member
Arteta was a medium to good player and a consistent if not safe passer but extremely slow and very easily bypassed by nimble opponents.

He needed a proper DM next to him rather than Ramsey and we never progressed further than scraping top 4 and CL group stages/1st knockout because Wenger neglected bring in a seasoned DM like Klopp did with Fabinho.

Özil had that one purple patch but made us even more vulnerable. That nucleus and 4-2-3-1 switch was the start of our routine humblings in big games.
What were we playing before 4-2-3-1? As far as i can remember under Wenger it was 4-2-3-1. Bergkamp in this era would have been called a CAM.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What were we playing before 4-2-3-1? As far as i can remember under Wenger it was 4-2-3-1. Bergkamp in this era would have been called a CAM.

433 and before that 442. A CAM starts in midfield and advances to attack. Bergkamp started in attack and withdrew deep. A 2nd striker, who allowed runners from other attacking midfield roles to move into the spaces he left.

With 4231 we are sacrificing a role in the midfield engine room for a CAM.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom