• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Favourite goals

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Fever Pitch is worth having just for that magic moment. I saw it in the cinema with my then girlfriend, knowing how nutty I am about the Gunners she half expected me to shout something, I didn't.

But the bloke two rows in front of me did. "Get in!" :lol:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
That was an amzing night. Only game I DIDN'T go to all season (very long boring story to do with it being re-arranged and babies and stuff you don't want to know).

But the realisation that after so long I supported the chapmions again...wow! And it was the finish to the season you really couldn't have got away in a boys own comic (btw - American remake of Fever Pitch - the team lose in the end because it's too far fetched for them to win. That's true as well.)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I remember it cos my dad, all bloody day, was going on about how we were gonna get stuffed (he doesn't even like football). Even my mum wanted Arsenal to win (she's a Chelsea fan), but she went out leaving me with dad, who wasn't interested. So I sat on my own until my cousin came round with about 30 left, I just couldn't see us scoring, but she kept saying it was okay, we'd score and then we did "right at the end!" and I ran around the house like a mentallist screaming that we did it at my dad.

Hmmm, no wonder we don't talk anymore..

I will not miss any celebrations in N5 this time around!

ethanen

loved all the goals youve mentioned,
a couple more I didnt see here:
Henry-leverkusen H. double season great build up
Henry-Mancs A. last year in the 5-1 thrashing. "one touch, second touch bang!"

kanooo

Haven't seen all of the mentioned goals.

Do not know how to pick a favourite but Kanu's winner against Chelsea was great - from a very acute / impossible angle.

Thierry's goal against Manure in the 1 nil win was nice as well.

His goal agains Tottenham - dribbling from half way line to score. And his recent goal against Man City (what a beauty).

How about Silvinho's equalizer against Chelsea from some way out? And his away goal winner against Sparta Prague a few years back in the Champions League?

If I'm not wrong, Davor Suker also scored a cracker from some way out as well, right?

And I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but didn't Patrick Vieira score a long range effort in the win against Newcastle in the FA Cup - 97/98 double winning season?

torgrim

Just thinking back to those epic moments from Anfield makes me happy. Whenever I see Fever Pitch I'm left numb by the sheer climax of everything. The truth is just stranger than fiction, that ending couldn't have been made up. It's just to good.

The Vieira goal was a rocket. On telly, you could hear the ball hit the net through the noise from the crowd. He ran some yards after picking it up, and then smacked the ball in the top left corner. Magic.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom