• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fergie's trying to land the chinese market as we speak

Taozhe

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinene ... 56&cc=3436

Fergie confirms Dong swoop

Dominic Raynor

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that the Red Devils are set to swoop for Chinese starlet Dong Fangzhuo when the transfer window opens in January.

Ferguson: Chasing Chinese striker (LaurenceGriffiths/GettyImages)

The 18-year-old Dalian Shide striker impressed during a trial spell and is now on the verge of a £1.5million move to the Premiership Champions.

'We're signing a Chinese boy, hopefully in the next few weeks,' Ferguson said. 'But we have to be careful how much we grow'

'Can we cope with another couple of million wanting to support us?'

Ferguson is currently on a trip to the United States - where the club's profile has increased since signing American goalkeeper Tim Howard in July - to promote next summer's tour.

United Plc will be hoping their new Chinese striker can have a similar effect in the Far East, but Dong is far from just a promotional signing.

The pacy striker was the pick of the teenage talent that China's top six clubs sent to Old Trafford for consideration in September, and he was asked to to extend his week-long spell to a month.

Dong, who would follow the trail blazed by Manchester City defender Sun Jihai from Dalian to the Premiership, said: 'It will be a dream to join United.

'I learned such a lot during my time at the club. My positioning and running into the box have become sharper and my heading has definitely improved.'

*I have a feeling that this is more of a commercial swoop* but I am glad a chinese is being recruited. Hope he doesnt rot in the Manure reserves :p

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Taozhe said:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=283256&cc=3436

Fergie confirms Dong swoop

Dominic Raynor

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that the Red Devils are set to swoop for Chinese starlet Dong Fangzhuo when the transfer window opens in January.

Ferguson: Chasing Chinese striker (LaurenceGriffiths/GettyImages)

The 18-year-old Dalian Shide striker impressed during a trial spell and is now on the verge of a £1.5million move to the Premiership Champions.

'We're signing a Chinese boy, hopefully in the next few weeks,' Ferguson said. 'But we have to be careful how much we grow'

'Can we cope with another couple of million wanting to support us?'

Ferguson is currently on a trip to the United States - where the club's profile has increased since signing American goalkeeper Tim Howard in July - to promote next summer's tour.

United Plc will be hoping their new Chinese striker can have a similar effect in the Far East, but Dong is far from just a promotional signing.

The pacy striker was the pick of the teenage talent that China's top six clubs sent to Old Trafford for consideration in September, and he was asked to to extend his week-long spell to a month.

Dong, who would follow the trail blazed by Manchester City defender Sun Jihai from Dalian to the Premiership, said: 'It will be a dream to join United.

'I learned such a lot during my time at the club. My positioning and running into the box have become sharper and my heading has definitely improved.'

*I have a feeling that this is more of a commercial swoop* but I am glad a chinese is being recruited. Hope he doesnt rot in the Manure reserves :p

Ha!

I always suspected Fergie liked to take dong!

(or has my smutty scholboy humour faded with age?)

Taozhe

Not veron cos he didnt cost them much. But the chinese market isnt much I think ... hope so ... SunJihai and Li tie didnt really boost the markets of Mancity and Everton much ... dunno about manutd

Puuks

Nothing whatsoever to do with potential shirt sales in the biggest market place in the world is it- Nah!

:roll:

Taozhe

Puuks said:
Nothing whatsoever to do with potential shirt sales in the biggest market place in the world is it- Nah!

:roll:

Well biggest market but I dun think they are rich enuff to pay for Originals ... most of them probably buy knockoffs ;D

A

Anonymous

just wondering if they like prawn sandwiches out thier? i want the franchise on Prawn butties :D :D

A

Anonymous

nnn said:
nope Prawn like the crackers!
Anyway Chinese like the colour Red and Manchester united wore red first :p .
Chinese like the underdog and Man U was the underdog last year.
Chinese like the underdog but if there the underdog all the time dislike them.
££££££how much more money does a club need.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom