• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FFF

Canuck

Established Member
Biggus said:
Hey Canuck Its great having a multicultural background ain't it?
I was born in Ireland live in Australia and have a french wife so I have family in three countries and can support three international teams... 8) too bad that the Socceroos suck as bad as Canada :lol:

Yep, I feel sorry for people who haven't even been out of their province. Traveling is great, I love checking out diff. cultures. That's one of the great things about living in Vancouver, it's a very very diverse city culturally.

Roos suck like Canada eh? That would be an interesting match, Canada v. Australia. I bet you Roo's could probably take us, if you were lucky enough. ;D

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
Hey Canuck Its great having a multicultural background ain't it?
I was born in Ireland live in Australia and have a french wife so I have family in three countries and can support three international teams... 8) too bad that the Socceroos suck as bad as Canada :lol:
Well I'm Somali, born in Saudi Arabia, grew up in England and my g.f is spanish.

Biggus

Established Member
os suck like Canada eh? That would be an interesting match, Canada v. Australia. I bet you Roo's could probably take us, if you were lucky enough.

Australia knocked out Canada of the WC in 93 I dont know how we'd go now. At the moment the National competition here is undergoing a revamp. They want to take the game out of the hands of the various ethnic traditional footballing groups (Italian, Greek, croatian,) and make the game more accessable to the mainstream interstate rivalries ( Melbourne V Sydney etc)

Well I'm Somali, born in Saudi Arabia, grew up in England and my g.f is spanish

Arrrrriba 8)

Canuck

Established Member
Youth soccer was like that when I was growing up. There were just open teams that anyone could play on, then there were teams organized by The Croatian Cultural club, and the Italian Club, and so on. These were always the better teams, and we hated playing against the Italian kids cause they were always major pricks. Some of the guys were okay but it seemed like when you had a group of them together they were cocky arrogant pricks.

Canuck

Established Member
Anyway we are way of the FFF topic here... :roll:

Can we all agree that it's a rebuilding period leading up to WC. The torch has been passed to the upcoming group of stars and the new coach has his work cut out for him. Maybe the team had a bit of that Dutch problem where there was too much quality talent prancing around the field and not working as hard as they should be. But I don't totally think this was the problem. Regardless the team has shed some starts and these new youngsters have plenty to prove still and should be ambitious and hungry to win.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The team is just so young. You need a good mixture of youthful exuberance and experience to win things. IMO France don't have enough old heads. Some might point to the Arsenal trio, but first of all they are only three members, and second of all they are not as experienced as most others. Sure they played in big games but they don't yet have the intelligence gained from playing at the top for most of your carrer. Put it this way, how many players above thirty do they have?

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom