• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Flag For Steve Gleiber

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Many many of you will know who Steve was and all about his site.

Well it's still running and I just thought people might like to look out for a flag that should be displayed behind the goal. It's a 9 x 6 (that's in proper money ... ie feet!) cross of st george with his name across it that Harlow Steve has had made up. It should be fairly easy to spot because he's added the names of loads of forumites on it!

Just thought I'd share that because I know their are plenty of other people on here who 'knew' him.

Mark

Established Member
That is a really great gesture, Exiled. I didn't 'know' him, but his site was always a great read.

Aussie

Established Member
Very nice gesture - Great to hear.

Really was a great friend to many - thats clear to see from from his site.

AFCG7

Established Member
I came into contact with Steve many many years ago , long before i joined this forum. In fact it was Steve who led me here through another great site .. the Vault site ..people who used the AVV will know what i'm talking about.

A very nice gesture indeed. Good job Harlow Steve.

Yea I didnt know him but well done for keeping his memory alive cause by the sounds of it he was one of the great gooners!!

Flag is a great idea and im sure would have made him very proud.

Great stuff and even more reasons to make me happy about been a gunner :)

Biggus

Established Member
I'm sure Steve would be happy with his position right behind the goal at our 1st CL final. If you're up there mate, see if you can suck one in. :wink:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
great story about a great guy. and his humour "I wish they could do braintransplants my dad has got one unused" quality

drthorne1

ExiledInNewcastle said:
For those who don't know who Steve Gleiber is/was thenn this is a piece I wrote after he died but basically he's the Daddy of ALL Arsenal forums.

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/articles/9 ... eiber.html

That's a great piece mate.

I am very new to this site and it looks like Steve Geiber would be proud of it to if he was still around today.

The forums are fantastic and everything is done with great humour and respect and long may it continue.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom