• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Out of Eddie, Balogun and John Jules...I would like JJ to make it the most here, due to my love of Red Dwarf mainly :lol:

Don't think there was any chance Cole made it here, he had just turned 20 when we bought Wright in his prime at 28, doubt Andy would have wanted to wait that long for Ian to drop off...plus, Cole's style of play would have clashed with Wright if we did play them together lost likely.

Finally, considering the forwards we had in the 1990s, Cole wasn't missed or needed imo, though he was a top quality striker.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't think there was any chance Cole made it here, he had just turned 20 when we bought Wright in his prime at 28, doubt Andy would have wanted to wait that long for Ian to drop off...plus, Cole's style of play would have clashed with Wright if we did play them together lost likely.

Finally, considering the forwards we had in the 1990s, Cole wasn't missed or needed imo, though he was a top quality striker.
I've read rumours for years he was sold because he got caught stealing in the dressing room.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Out of Eddie, Balogun and John Jules...I would like JJ to make it the most here, due to my love of Red Dwarf mainly :lol:

I like John Jules more than the other two.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I imagine I would have loved Kevin Campbell as a player for Arsenal if I watched him, looked a great team player like Welbeck...won a lot at The Arsenal too.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I imagine I would have loved Kevin Campbell as a player for Arsenal if I watched him, looked a great team player like Welbeck...won a lot at The Arsenal too.
Defo. Wasn't super prolific but very much an all rounder like Welbeck but tougher and more combative. He had stiff comp at the time mind you, probably effected his numbers a bit.

Arsenal4life14

This is very interesting and perhaps a warning. People seem to be unanimous in thinking that Nketiah probably doesn't have a future here but seem to believe Balogun is a special talent.
Im not sure why there is a lot of hate on Eddie, Hes certainly not the finished article but most players have barely shown up this season, I dont think he should be judged on this season alone, And i certainly think he is worth more than 5-10 million in what some people would take for him.

Jack badmon

If Sheffield Utd bought Rhian Brewster for £23.5m then we should be asking for at least 30. Not that we’d get it but just illustrating how stupidly over priced Brewster is.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
This is very interesting and perhaps a warning. People seem to be unanimous in thinking that Nketiah probably doesn't have a future here but seem to believe Balogun is a special talent.

Yes, they’ve gone quiet since that graphic. I genuinely think all the Balogun hype has come from Balogun hyping himself up on his socials.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Im not sure why there is a lot of hate on Eddie, Hes certainly not the finished article but most players have barely shown up this season, I dont think he should be judged on this season alone, And i certainly think he is worth more than 5-10 million in what some people would take for him.

ESR, Saka, and Martinelli have showed up. Others haven’t been given the chance. Nketiah unfortunately has shown he’s not starter quality.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Yes, they’ve gone quiet since that graphic. I genuinely think all the Balogun hype has come from Balogun hyping himself up on his socials.

I don’t even see his socials. I’m not even sure anyone is saying he is great... they’re just saying give him a chance and don’t screw this up like Gnabry. Nothings ever a sure thing.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Tbh, I have very little idea of what he's like to want to keep or let go but on videos he definitely looks better than Nketiah in terms of his ability on the ball and overall game while he seems pretty damn confident when he shoots. It may not be a huge loss if he leaves with Moller here who looks outstanding but I'd prefer him to extend and get a fee at least.

Don't want the club get bullied into a stupid contract though. Would cause us more issues than it has for Chelsea with Odoi.

Last edited:

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
I don’t even see his socials. I’m not even sure anyone is saying he is great... they’re just saying give him a chance and don’t screw this up like Gnabry. Nothings ever a sure thing.

If he signs the deal he’s been offered he’ll be given a chance. It’s down to him.

No use giving him first team chances when his contract is about to expire. We’d just be helping out his next employer.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
To me, he is better than Nketiah. And I think if he leaves it will be a Gnabry 2.0 in 2-3 years.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

To me, he is better than Nketiah. And I think if he leaves it will be a Gnabry 2.0 in 2-3 years.
Based on what exactly? He has never done better than nketiah in any level and has only 4 goals in 12 u23 games this season. Nketiah would bang in goals for the u23. In 2-3 years he will be in the lower leagues

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The rags and twitter are saying he turned down 60k. Not seen it reported by anyone credible though.

Arteta seemed to suggest it’s not entirely over yet, but the kid seems dead set on being a starter for a midtable side somewhere.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The rags and twitter are saying he turned down 60k. Not seen it reported by anyone credible though.

Arteta seemed to suggest it’s not entirely over yet, but the kid seems dead set on being a starter for a midtable side somewhere.
If that’s the case ESR agent is an idiot for agreeing on 40k.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom