• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

mirrorstare

Showed heart but far from ready, teammates ignored him a couple of times too.

He should keep his head high and notice absolutely everyone was **** on his debut.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Tough game for him. Baptism of fire. Barely got a kick in pre season and in the firing line tonight. Needs a loan.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Did nothing, lost most of his duels, was shooting from bad angles, couldn't press at all. Bad. Laca is actually much better if Balogun is what he showed against Brentford. Difference to Toney was quite visible as well.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It was nice but unexpected to see him get his first start in the league. Couldn't really get involved but we've seen that enough in this system with far more experienced forwards than him.

Needs a season on loan in a competitive Championship/League One side playing every week against experienced pros. No sense having him getting minutes here and there with us without the chance of developing.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Clearly needs a loan. Irresponsible of the club to put that type of pressure on him today. Clearly talented, but needs more polishing.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Was thrown in the lion's den, not really the ideal circumstances for him to succeed tonight. Needs to go on loan because he isn't ready for the PL.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Should of had sub time towards the end of the last season. Bit naive of arteta to put him in as starter in the opening game. Southgate like

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Got to feel for him, ridiculously tough debut. This guy needs to play mens football away from the limelight, like y'know, pretty much every striker? I'm struggling to think of a CF who came through a PL academy and played in the PL right away. He should be on loan somewhere in the Championship.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Got to feel for him, ridiculously tough debut. This guy needs to play mens football away from the limelight, like y'know, pretty much every striker? I'm struggling to think of a CF who came through a PL academy and played in the PL right away. He should be on loan somewhere in the Championship.
Even the likes of Greenwood and Lukaku initially played out wide as well. Feel sorry for him.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Not ready for first team football just yet, but I doubt any forward would have success with this blunt attacking style of football Arteta plays.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Tough to judge any youngster in this dumpster fire of a setup but he didn't do himself any favors today sadly. Unlike ESR, Martinelli or Saka I don't see any flashes of any special attributes and this wasn't exactly elite competition that kept him quiet. It's a shame because I can see Arteta freezing him out. We're going absolutely nowhere so may as well see if he can find his feet with a run in the side but you just know Arteta will bury him in favor of Willian's corpse as a false 9.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

His inclusion was a damned if he does/doesn't moment for Arteta and for thst I have a bit of sympathy. Don't play him and Balogun would magically be a better player by not playing and Arteta is a dud or he plays and doesn't play well and Arteta is still a dud.

He needs to go play regular football with men.

Trill

Not Trilly
All thing's considered I think he did fine. Better touch on that Tierney cross he most likely levels the game.

Think this is a terrible game to judge him on. Any striker would struggle with Pepe and Martinelli flanking them. Also Martinelli had a great chance to play him through. In the smidgen of first team football he's played he's already shown the potential for end product.

Definitely needs a loan, but we knew that already.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Clearly needs a loan. Irresponsible of the club to put that type of pressure on him today. Clearly talented, but needs more polishing.
People on here have been saying he should be playing for us & constantly slagging the manager for not doing so. Its the same with Azeez. Forum is full of absolute jokers who just wanna send Lambs to the slaughter.
He did ok tbf all things considered.

Tonight showed though that only ESR & SAka are 100% at the level needed.

Hopefully Balo gets hatrick now against Chelsea 👍

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
looked out of his depth, but tough debut.. Can't see him getting much playing time here going by that, so a loan should definitely be considered seriously.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

One of the forum favourites that started today and also did nothing. Had the least touches of any player on the pitch according to sky sports.

This boy has the ability but it's not easy to play upfront for this version of Arsenal. Plus he needs experience there's just no hiding from it.

Whether that comes at our expense via lack of points for all the games he does nothing or he gets it elsewhere, makes no difference.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom