• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Call it assists and goals/assists not points you hipster.
It call it what I want, and especially now that you revealed your annoyance. Everyone understands what "points" mean, it's shorter to write than goals/assists.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, that's why assists are not listed anywhere in football.

De Bruyne for example doesn't have 10 assists this season, assists are non-existent in football. They don't matter.

;) :lol:

De Bruyne is a creative player. I don’t need you to show me stats for me to know that. Like I said you are stats obsessed, or should I say point obsessed. Thank god we as club moved away from the period we signed players on date alone. El neny scored really high in the dumb system we used

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Balogun obviously spend rest of this season on loan. I think he will either be loaned out or sold in the summer

Nketiah will be a squad player for the next 2-3 years because he signed a big deal last summer. Nketiahs new contract for me has pretty much ended Balogun Arsenal future. Unless he has crazy development

This depends. Borough fans though Balogun was better as a 10 than as a 9. This may mean he can play on the wings or in Ødegaard's role aswell as potentially a 9. If he does really well on his loan as he is doing I don't think they'll want to cash in.

While Balogun didn't do great at Borough, there were 3 other strikers and it was his first loan

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This depends. Borough fans though Balogun was better as a 10 than as a 9. This may mean he can play on the wings or in Ødegaard's role aswell as potentially a 9. If he does really well on his loan as he is doing I don't think they'll want to cash in.

While Balogun didn't do great at Borough, there were 3 other strikers and it was his first loan
I get all of that. But look at a player like Ivan Toney. He was at Newcastle as young player. Was not ready and had he stayed as 3rd/4th choice he would never be the player he is today. He had to go down 2 levels, play regularly and grow as a player with consistent minutes. Balogun may one day be solid PL striker. Very unlikely he will get it soon at Arsenal anytime soon. You don’t keep every young talent with the idea one day they will be good enough by not playing

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I get all of that. But look at a player like Ivan Toney. He was at Newcastle as young player. Was not ready and had he stayed as 3rd/4th choice he would never be the player he is today. He had to go down 2 levels, play regularly and grow as a player with consistent minutes. Balogun may one day be solid PL striker. Very unlikely he will get it soon at Arsenal anytime soon. You don’t keep every young talent with the idea one day they will be good enough by not playing

No he won't progress as 3rd or 4th choice for one position. But if he's second choice for a couple of positions he will develop. It's only about 6-7 months ago when Martinelli wasn't in the picture as a first team player. It's also not so long ago ESR wasn't considered first team worthy. Who's to say if he does incredibly well he doesn't bench Martinelli? Who's to say he doesn't go above ESR in the pecking order?

Right now looking at the below video, Balogun shows link up ability, dribbling, hold up play better than any of our forwards bar Jesus, Saka and maybe Martinelli. But I think he shows skills that Martinelli does not have too. He's certainly far more viable of an Arteta ball player than Nketieh in terms of beating a player, picking a pass and general chemistry with his teammates, going on limited video evidence. He also looks very good in dualing physically for 50-50 balls

Whether he makes it here or not though it's unlikely he's sold in the summer. Because he's only going to get better and increase in value on a second Ligue 1 loan and he's on a long term deal here.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

he's on a long term deal here.
He made a 4 year contract in 2021, lasting until 2025. That's not a very long contract sadly.

Can't find information though, but I assume there could be an extension for another year, they usually put it nowadays. Unless Balogun hasn't agreed to one.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we'll loan Balogun to an EPL team next season. He's had a great season in France, but next season we should be in the Champions League and challenging for the EPL. He still needs to up his game to another level to contribute to a team on that level.

As season at a club like Brighton, Southampton, Brentford, or Fulham would be great for his development.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think we'll loan Balogun to an EPL team next season. He's had a great season in France, but next season we should be in the Champions League and challenging for the EPL. He still needs to up his game to another level to contribute to a team on that level.

As season at a club like Brighton, Southampton, Brentford, or Fulham would be great for his development.
I’m convinced if we get a good deal we will sell. The club has learned from past mistakes in not selling young players at the right time in the hope they get better like Hobbs, AMN, bendtner etc etc

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m convinced if we get a good deal we will sell. The club has learned from past mistakes in not selling young players at the right time in the hope they get better like Hobbs, AMN, bendtner etc etc
I think he just signed a new contract so we don't need to sell him. Deciding if we should sell Balogun is less dependent on how he performs in France and more dependent on how Nketiah plays this season and potentially next season.

Gabriel Jesus is clearly our starting CF and we need to have another CF who can challenge him. Nketiah is getting the chance to prove that he should be our backup CF. If he plays well this season I think Balogun will go on loan to an EPL team next season, and Nketiah will get the chance to prove if he can contribute in the Champions League.

We don't need to sell Balogun because our finances are in order. If he performs well during an EPL loan his value will go up. Just look at Chelsea. They loan a lot of their youth team players to EPL teams and then make a nice profit when they sell them.

At the end of next season, we'll most likely have to decide between Nketiah and Balogun to be Gabriel Jesus' backup, and we'll make a good profit off of either sale. Also, we could conclude that neither are good enough, and we sell both of them and buy a new striker.

Basically, I don't think there is a reason to sell Balogun this summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think he just signed a new contract so we don't need to sell him. Deciding if we should sell Balogun is less dependent on how he performs in France and more dependent on how Nketiah plays this season and potentially next season.

Gabriel Jesus is clearly our starting CF and we need to have another CF who can challenge him. Nketiah is getting the chance to prove that he should be our backup CF. If he plays well this season I think Balogun will go on loan to an EPL team next season, and Nketiah will get the chance to prove if he can contribute in the Champions League.

We don't need to sell Balogun because our finances are in order. If he performs well during an EPL loan his value will go up. Just look at Chelsea. They loan a lot of their youth team players to EPL teams and then make a nice profit when they sell them.

At the end of next season, we'll most likely have to decide between Nketiah and Balogun to be Gabriel Jesus' backup, and we'll make a good profit off of either sale. Also, we could conclude that neither are good enough, and we sell both of them and buy a new striker.

Basically, I don't think there is a reason to sell Balogun this summer.
Good luck selling nketiah on 100k after deciding he is not good enough. That contract guarantees nketiah stays several years

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good luck selling nketiah on 100k after deciding he is not good enough. That contract guarantees nketiah stays several years
If Arteta decides that Balogun is ahead of Nketiah, then Nketiah will want to leave. I doubt that either Nketiah or Balogun would prefer to sit on the bench just so that they can collect their wages.

If a quality club comes along with assurances of playing time for Nketiah or Balogun, I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered their wage demands or structured their new contract to include a lot of bonuses.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If Arteta decides that Balogun is ahead of Nketiah, then Nketiah will want to leave. I doubt that either Nketiah or Balogun would prefer to sit on the bench just so that they can collect their wages.

If a quality club comes along with assurances of playing time for Nketiah or Balogun, I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered their wage demands or structured their new contract to include a lot of bonuses.
Really? Like all the past players who left in the past and walked out on huge wage? Nketiah is not gonna leave any time soon. He agreed to 100k knowing he was gonna be a backup. It doesn’t really matter cause he is better than Balogun and I doubt that’s gonna change anytime soon

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Really? Like all the past players who left in the past and walked out on huge wage? Nketiah is not gonna leave any time soon. He agreed to 100k knowing he was gonna be a backup. It doesn’t really matter cause he is better than Balogun and I doubt that’s gonna change anytime soon

His all round game certainly isn't better than Balogun. But his pace and ability to get himself in goalscoring positions is. Either could win out.

If Nketieh becomes 3rd choice he probably gets loaned out for a few seasons with Arsenal covering some of his wages. Nketieh would also probably rip it up in Bundesliga or Ligue 1 on loan. Then selling him becomes plausible.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
His all round game certainly isn't better than Balogun. But his pace and ability to get himself in goalscoring positions is. Either could win out.

If Nketieh becomes 3rd choice he probably gets loaned out for a few seasons with Arsenal covering some of his wages. Nketieh would also probably rip it up in Bundesliga or Ligue 1 on loan. Then selling him becomes plausible.

Interesting i've always felt Balogun was more comfortable on the ball.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If worst comes to worst at striker, does anyone know if we can recall him from loan?

Sparrahork

If worst comes to worst at striker, does anyone know if we can recall him from loan?
I came to ask the same question. I would much rather him back than buy a jesus replacement. Better would be a loan, but other than depay (a mudryk back up anyway) there do not seem to be obvious alternatives out there. If it does get out jesus out most of remainder of season I dread piers linking us with Ronaldo!😬

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Think it's the worst possible outcome for him right now.

He's settled, he's a hit at a poor Rennes side. Let him continue to thrive there.

Balogun is not going to keep us on in our slight chance of a title race, and I think top 4 should be mostly on lock.

If we're not signing another CF as a stop gap, just sack every other competition and focus on the PL.

Martinelli can move central along with Eddie and we can use Nelson + a new wide forward on the wings.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom