• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Xorspy

Just imagine in a few years time, him getting fed assists by Martinelli, Saka, et el. He's gonna be smashing goals in left right and centre.

DuBB

I'll keep saying it though:

His team are annoyingly bad at times. Just not a very smart team.

I’ve watched 90% of the Reims games BT Sport has aired simply to keep an eye on his progress, and you’re 100% right. Defensively naive, make wrong decisions with the ball… everything. But they play a relatively young side.

In fact I think in at least 3 or 4 of their matches I’ve watched they’ve gone down to 10 men. But to be fair I watch a lot of Ligue 1 and the refereeing is atrocious. Like “I’ll never complain about Premier League refereeing again” bad. I watched a game where a substitute got sent off within 5 minutes of coming on and neither of the cards were yellows. In fact the second tackle if I remember correctly he actually won the ball. Even the opponents were confused, as well as the BT commentator.

French refereeing is so across the board incompetent you can’t even accuse them of corruption because the bad decisions don’t benefit anyone 😂

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We could get way more. I would be reluctant to accept 30m to let him leave tbh.
Yeah definitely. Considering Liverpool sold Rhian Brewster for £25 million to Sheffield United, who can’t hit a barn door - we should easily be getting closer to £35-40 million for Balogun.

Wouldn’t sell him though - think he has a lot to offer us but feel another loan next season will do a lot for him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’ve watched 90% of the Reims games BT Sport has aired simply to keep an eye on his progress, and you’re 100% right. Defensively naive, make wrong decisions with the ball… everything. But they play a relatively young side.

In fact I think in at least 3 or 4 of their matches I’ve watched they’ve gone down to 10 men. But to be fair I watch a lot of Ligue 1 and the refereeing is atrocious. Like “I’ll never complain about Premier League refereeing again” bad. I watched a game where a substitute got sent off within 5 minutes of coming on and neither of the cards were yellows. In fact the second tackle if I remember correctly he actually won the ball. Even the opponents were confused, as well as the BT commentator.

French refereeing is so across the board incompetent you can’t even accuse them of corruption because the bad decisions don’t benefit anyone 😂
Yeah Ligue 1 refs are bafflingly strict.

I'm watching the game now and Balogun is getting literally 0 service at the moment 😭. It's why the goals he's scoring is quite remarkable. Turning dust into gold.

DuBB

Yeah Ligue 1 refs are bafflingly strict.

I'm watching the game now and Balogun is getting literally 0 service at the moment 😭. It's why the goals he's scoring is quite remarkable. Turning dust into gold.

I just looked it up and I underestimated how bad Reims are. They’ve gone down to at least 10 men 7 times this season so far 😂

Dust into gold indeed.

DuBB

And he’s coming off. He’s the main man in their attack so makes sense to wrap him in cotton wool

DuBB

On another note, I hope he picks the USMNT, whether he stays with us next year or goes out on loan again.

They're crying out for a striker to build their attack around, and going off to be the main man during international breaks will only make him more confident and more assured as a player.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom