• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Pulp

Sell with a buyback clause imo. He is obviously good, but as others have said, he won't be third striker. Eddie has established himself as a good 2nd striker alternative and Jesus isn't going anywhere.

Sparrahork

I really don't get the obsession with selling him, especially to fund a right winger?!

Jesus can slot in as RW if Saka is injured, this would help with Eddie's development. If we feel flo will get minutes doing that we keep him next season. Flo could rival Eddie for successor role to kane for England, how good if both playing for arsenal?

The best option would appear to be loaning him next season to the likes of palace or Brentford (if Toney leaves) but a recall option if we have injuries.

Get him premiership ready and do not determine he needs to be sold until highlighted he has no future at arsenal, hopefully that never becomes the case.

There will of course be foolish calls to sign another striker this summer!😬

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I really don't get the obsession with selling him, especially to fund a right winger?!

Jesus can slot in as RW if Saka is injured, this would help with Eddie's development. If we feel flo will get minutes doing that we keep him next season. Flo could rival Eddie for successor role to kane for England, how good if both playing for arsenal?

The best option would appear to be loaning him next season to the likes of palace or Brentford (if Toney leaves) but a recall option if we have injuries.

Get him premiership ready and do not determine he needs to be sold until highlighted he has no future at arsenal, hopefully that never becomes the case.

There will of course be foolish calls to sign another striker this summer!😬
I think he is too similar to nketiah and his value in the summer will be very high. Bit like Iwobi in that you have to strike when his value is at its highest. He comes here and sit in the bench for a year his value will go down and a player who has tasted being main man is not just gonna accept that

Also Arteta is not much of a rotator. I rather sell him and just get an older target man we can use as different option of the bench

Sparrahork

I think he is too similar to nketiah and his value in the summer will be very high. Bit like Iwobi in that you have to strike when his value is at its highest. He comes here and sit in the bench for a year his value will go down and a player who has tasted being main man is not just gonna accept that

Also Arteta is not much of a rotator. I rather sell him and just get an older target man we can use as different option of the bench
Arteta is not a rotator but champions league will ensure he has to more. We have not had strength in depth either, if tets trusts the players they will get on earlier.

Definite point taken re balo possibly stagnating, I fully agree (unlike many) two squad strikers is sufficient. I was glass half full when Jesus got injured as I felt it gave Eddie the chance he needs, which he has taken.

I think however buying a rw would be a waste, if we are going to need a back up then jesus is prime cover. If he is happy to play a lot there then maybe balo can be back up to Eddie.

The best thing to do remains a premiership loan, he is as yet not deemed tested in the premiership. If he is tested and performs his value increases, either as a sale or deemed suitability to a berth in our first team squad. If it doesn't work then I doubt his current value will drop dramatically enough to really matter. Remember we have just dropped 10m on someone with 6 months left on his contract.

Sparrahork

Arteta is not a rotator but champions league will ensure he has to more. We have not had strength in depth either, if tets trusts the players they will get on earlier.

Definite point taken re balo possibly stagnating, I fully agree (unlike many) two squad strikers is sufficient. I was glass half full when Jesus got injured as I felt it gave Eddie the chance he needs, which he has taken.

I think however buying a rw would be a waste, if we are going to need a back up then jesus is prime cover. If he is happy to play a lot there then maybe balo can be back up to Eddie.

The best thing to do remains a premiership loan, he is as yet not deemed tested in the premiership. If he is tested and performs his value increases, either as a sale or deemed suitability to a berth in our first team squad. If it doesn't work then I doubt his current value will drop dramatically enough to really matter. Remember we have just dropped 10m on someone with 6 months left on his contract.
Oh and we sold iwobi when he was 23, balo is still 21. Selling Alex then was the right time, I think we sell balo at the same age if quite clear his ceiling isn't high enough for us.

I still feel a premiership loan next season will give us most impression as to whether he can cut it at arsenal or not.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Looking at our business model. We haven’t sold well last few years compared to other top teams. Part of being big club is to sell talented young players at the right time. Ødegaard to us is perfect example. Real sold because the offer was to good to be but part player

If someone put 30 million infront of Arsenal in the summer I would be amazed if we turned it down. We can’t keep cancelling or releasing players forever. We gotta make money

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sell with a buyback clause imo. He is obviously good, but as others have said, he won't be third striker. Eddie has established himself as a good 2nd striker alternative and Jesus isn't going anywhere.
Why would we sell him without seeing if he can do it in our shirt first? Nketiah is doing what he's doing right now because we didn't do with him what you're suggesting we do with Balogun. We could easily have made that decision with Nketiah because we already had Auba and Laca. Competition for places is a good thing and we'll have games for everyone next season challenging on 4 fronts. Let him compete with Jesus and Nketiah for minutes and let the player most deserving of minutes get them.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There is also no reason to sell him.
The reason to sell him is if he doesn't extend. Has 2 years left in the summer. Arteta needs to plan a proper role for him. No sense in keeping him on the bench a lot when his price is high.

So maybe they go for top midfielders and put Jesus on the wing? Or Nketiah on the wing?

The team is starting to be bloated soon, have to let go of some players. I trust Arteta and Edu on this planning, they know the funds, if Jesus is willing to play on the wings, etc.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Why would we sell him without seeing if he can do it in our shirt first? Nketiah is doing what he's doing right now because we didn't do with him what you're suggesting we do with Balogun. We could easily have made that decision with Nketiah because we already had Auba and Laca. Competition for places is a good thing and we'll have games for everyone next season challenging on 4 fronts. Let him compete with Jesus and Nketiah for minutes and let the player most deserving of minutes get them.

Because we need significant investment in midfield if we want to continue our progression as a club that can challenge for the PL and CL. If we want to sign Rice and for ex Caicedo, we'll need to drop serious money.

A big part of investing in our squad will mean selling some of our assets.

Pulp

One thing is money for reinvesting as Zig points out above, the other is simple value. Nketiah was meant as a second striker given he got the number 14. Obviously a player Arteta believed in. I am sure he rates Balogun as well, but not above Jesus and Nketiah.

That is why I suggest a buyback clause. Should he become a real world beater, the club can buy him back. Balogun or Nketiah will be on the bench and that is detrimental to their development as well. Cant have everything.

DuBB

Because we need significant investment in midfield if we want to continue our progression as a club that can challenge for the PL and CL. If we want to sign Rice and for ex Caicedo, we'll need to drop serious money.

A big part of investing in our squad will mean selling some of our assets.

I agree, but I also don't at the same time.

I think because we've been fortunate enough to have either very cheap talent or academy players that are blossoming into CL-level players (Saka, Martinelli, to a lesser but possible extent Eddie, ESR, balogun etc.) we aren't in a position where we need to sell to fund.

We can actually buy 2 massive players like Rice + Caceido because our frontline was relatively cheap if not free.

People look at the fees or prices we were willing to pay for players like Mudryk, Caceido and Rice and see it like we used to see it - investing too much of our funds in individuals - instead of seeing it how it actually is:

We don't have to spread our budget across our entire squad because most of our squad has been cost effective. Now you can take whatever budget you had a splurge.

2-3 years ago, we needed around £150m to build a squad. So back then, players we bought were between £15-50m each, most not close to £50m other then Benny). Now if we had the capability of spending £150m again, we're only 2 players away from being where we need to be - not just as a starting 11 but as a whole squad - so instead of shopping in the £30-40m market to fill those gaps, we can say f**k it, and fill those 2 gaps in the £75-80m market)

I don't think we need to sell Balo or Eddie if we felt like we could use them both.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I agree, but I also don't at the same time.

I think because we've been fortunate enough to have either very cheap talent or academy players that are blossoming into CL-level players (Saka, Martinelli, to a lesser but possible extent Eddie, ESR, balogun etc.) we aren't in a position where we need to sell to fund.

We can actually buy 2 massive players like Rice + Caceido because our frontline was relatively cheap if not free.

People look at the fees or prices we were willing to pay for players like Mudryk, Caceido and Rice and see it like we used to see it - investing too much of our funds in individuals - instead of seeing it how it actually is:

We don't have to spread our budget across our entire squad because most of our squad has been cost effective. Now you can take whatever budget you had a splurge.

2-3 years ago, we needed around £150m to build a squad. So back then, players we bought were between £15-50m each, most not close to £50m other then Benny). Now if we had the capability of spending £150m again, we're only 2 players away from being where we need to be - not just as a starting 11 but as a whole squad - so instead of shopping in the £30-40m market to fill those gaps, we can say f**k it, and fill those 2 gaps in the £75-80m market)

I don't think we need to sell Balo or Eddie if we felt like we could use them both.
Chelsea has sold players better than any pl club, hence they can spend big and be fine with ffp. We can’t just keep buying and never make money from transfers. This will really limit us in competing.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He's not interested in playing for the USMNT. There is also no reason to sell him.

There's every reason to sell him. If you want to keep buying players for £70m then getting £30m-£40m for an academy player is a godsend. A different story if we didn't have two good strikers but we do, so why bring him back to sit on the bench and never play?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There's every reason to sell him. If you want to keep buying players for £70m then getting £30m-£40m for an academy player is a godsend. A different story if we didn't have two good strikers but we do, so why bring him back to sit on the bench and never play?
last 3 seasons we sold players for 70 million pound. Chelsea has sold for 230 million pound. We simply can’t sustain this spending without selling. The way things are going I can see even ESR being sold in 12-18 months time. The money is in selling young English players. Chelsea was offered 45 million for Gallagher and he turned down the move. He is the next one they will sell in the summer

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
There's every reason to sell him.
Why? Still haven't seen a good enough reason to sell him other than for funds which will come with TV money, CL berths, and potentially winning the league. His potential looks higher than Nketiah's and Arteta has shown that he will play those who put the work in and rise above.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom