• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Folarin Balogun (Loan)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Is Middlesbrough a good destination for him? Will he be first striker there?

Kav

Established Member
He needs game time at his age but he also needs to choose the right team to go to.

Ideally he goes somewhere he will get opportunities to play. He needs to choose carefully.

Of course this is dependent on who’s showing interest in him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just read Bolagun salary is 40k a week this is just incredible 😂. His agent is sane as saka we in trouble.
He would have left for free, like Nketiah will soon. He could demand it. It was important to get one of them to extend.

I think the most important thing is to choose a club which will play Balogun much.

In the last game we saw he wasn't good, so a bigger club could drop him after such a performance.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Are we going to sign a centre forward? If Laca gets injured we have to rely on Nketiah (Auba is done) and that would be awful.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He would have left for free, like Nketiah will soon. He could demand it. It was important to get one of them to extend.

I think the most important thing is to choose a club which will play Balogun much.

In the last game we saw he wasn't good, so a bigger club could drop him after such a performance.
Yeah it's fair but just surprised his salary too high considering the limited first team football he played i think Martinelli earning less than him

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah it's fair but just surprised his salary too high considering the limited first team football he played i think Martinelli earning less than him
Martinelli is on big money - some sites have him on £80k. He signed an extension after one year at the club so I think he's probably got 3-4 years remaining thankfully.

drippin

They just signed a new contract for striker Joshua Coburn, 19 years old.

Does anyone know how good chances Balogun has here to breakthrough?

Their best scorers have 6, 4 and 3 goals, and the 3 is Coburn. Watmore with 4 is a RW, and Sporar is a ST.

drippin

Martinelli is on big money - some sites have him on £80k. He signed an extension after one year at the club so I think he's probably got 3-4 years remaining thankfully.
Martinelli has contract until 2024, and an option for another year.

drippin

They just signed a new contract for striker Joshua Coburn, 19 years old.

Does anyone know how good chances Balogun has here to breakthrough?

Their best scorers have 6, 4 and 3 goals, and the 3 is Coburn. Watmore with 4 is a RW, and Sporar is a ST.

They also loaned a striker named Aaron Connolly, 21 years old, from Brighton until the summer. His market value is 7 million in Transfermarkt (Balogun 4 million).

Wtf, seems quite crowded at the striker position? They have at least 4 now? Maybe some of them will play on the wing?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They also loaned a striker named Aaron Connolly, 21 years old, from Brighton until the summer. His market value is 7 million in Transfermarkt (Balogun 4 million).

Wtf, seems quite crowded at the striker position? They have at least 4 now? Maybe some of them will play on the wing?

Wilder has a form of this. Hoard strikers with no planning what to do with it. Shef United owner absolutely destroyed him when he explained the mistake he made in listening to him on the market and his signings made zero sense

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Wherever he goes there needs to be a clause in his loan contract stating that he has to play a certain percentage of matches for them.

Ideally you'd be looking at a Championship side that plays fairly decent football now and then a loan to a lower PL club next season.

He needs to be playing pretty much week in week out from now on.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Wherever he goes there needs to be a clause in his loan contract stating that he has to play a certain percentage of matches for them.
The loan department is a lot better now, if it goes a certain amount of time without games they pull you out. See Nketiah.

Think it's a bit different if you actually lose your place due to performance but I don't follow our loanees like that so can't confirm.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Boro fans' view:
-------------------------
-Not a fan of that, it'll be what close to a mil in wages for the rest of the season and we're essentially training someone's player for them... Doubt he is a player who will hit the ground running.

-Proper excited about Balogun coming in, he's far too good for the Championship. You'll all soon see.

-Ludicrous wages at this level. He better smash it.

-It’s Arsenal and he is very highly rated. His numbers in the u23 league are ridiculous

-Those wages make me a bit nervous!

-Balogen looks like a team player always has his head up decent awareness and calmness it that level. if he can play like that in the champo we have a player on our hands. but he wont get an inch and will be under pressure

-He'll have to hit the ground running pretty hard to become a first choice striker. I just wonder if either party gets what they need from this if he is only getting the odd sub appearance...

-I don't really have any hopes that he is going to come in and make a massive difference. We only have three strikers that suit our style, so we need another

-I look forward to seeing how he progresses and hopefully if he's good enough and likes it here we get him on loan next season should we remain in the championship. The lad has all the hype.

-We don't need 6 strikers even if we play with 2.
--------------------------------

I saw Boro against Huddersfield back in November, where Boro won 2-1. I think this could work out for him. Wilder knows what he is doing in Championship, and Boro will be fighting for the playoffs, so an excellent challenge for Balogun.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ideally you'd be looking at a Championship side that plays fairly decent football now and then a loan to a lower PL club next season.

He needs to be playing pretty much week in week out from now on.
if he doesnt impress in training no manager is gonna be told by his board this player has to play certain % of games. Norwich loaned Gilmour and farke didnt fancy him at all and didnt play him until he got the sacked. Bologun either goes there and becomes a starter or he has no future at arsenal whatsoever

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm unsure about loaning him to Middlesborough but Wilder has been chasing him for some time so maybe he actually plans to use him significantly. I have doubts this is the right loan. Hopefully it works out for Balogun and he hits the ground running.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is Middlesbrough a good destination for him? Will he be first striker there?

Posted this in another thread.

Not totally sure it’s a great move. They’ve had a young striker Josh Coburn who’s a similar profile to Flo and has been scoring some goals and just signed a new contract.

Really needs to play well on this loan. If he takes his foot off the gas he could lose his place.

drippin

Boro fans' view:
-------------------------
-Not a fan of that, it'll be what close to a mil in wages for the rest of the season and we're essentially training someone's player for them... Doubt he is a player who will hit the ground running.

-Proper excited about Balogun coming in, he's far too good for the Championship. You'll all soon see.

-Ludicrous wages at this level. He better smash it.

-It’s Arsenal and he is very highly rated. His numbers in the u23 league are ridiculous

-Those wages make me a bit nervous!

-Balogen looks like a team player always has his head up decent awareness and calmness it that level. if he can play like that in the champo we have a player on our hands. but he wont get an inch and will be under pressure

-He'll have to hit the ground running pretty hard to become a first choice striker. I just wonder if either party gets what they need from this if he is only getting the odd sub appearance...

-I don't really have any hopes that he is going to come in and make a massive difference. We only have three strikers that suit our style, so we need another

-I look forward to seeing how he progresses and hopefully if he's good enough and likes it here we get him on loan next season should we remain in the championship. The lad has all the hype.

-We don't need 6 strikers even if we play with 2.
--------------------------------

I saw Boro against Huddersfield back in November, where Boro won 2-1. I think this could work out for him. Wilder knows what he is doing in Championship, and Boro will be fighting for the playoffs, so an excellent challenge for Balogun.
So they play with 2 strikers. That explains their 4 strikers in the squad plans.

3 of them are 19-21 years old, so they surely want to be able to rotate and play those who are performing well. Better chances for promotion even with Balogun's wages.

Someone said they have 6 strikers now, but I assume those others are not that good.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So they play with 2 strikers. That explains their 4 strikers in the squad plans.

3 of them are 19-21 years old, so they surely want to be able to rotate and play those who are performing well. Better chances for promotion even with Balogun's wages.

Someone said they have 6 strikers now, but I assume those others are not that good.
I think they might want to loan out some of them, it was mentioned on their forums.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I'm unsure about loaning him to Middlesborough but Wilder has been chasing him for some time so maybe he actually plans to use him significantly. I have doubts this is the right loan. Hopefully it works out for Balogun and he hits the ground running.
I watch a fair bit Championship football & its a really tough league. Its up to Balogun to take the chance & produce as a striker quickly or he will be benched.
I have family from Blackpool & watch most of the games. They have TJJ on loan & he was playing early on but hardly gets a look in now. Blackpool were really struggling at the time & he was a bit unlucky tbf.

Championship Clubs are not taking our players with untold time & patience for development purposes they really need to do the business & fast.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom