• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fran Mérida

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
jester said:
surely he's in austria? at least a sub for the az game?

Merida isn't.. He'll be with the youngsters at Borehamwood.

for some stupid reason i thought you were talking about theo. dont know why, maybe its the lack of sleep.
as you were...

Legend#1

Established Member
jester said:
Legend#1 said:
jester said:

for some stupid reason i thought you were talking about theo. dont know why, maybe its the lack of sleep.
as you were...

Too many hours up Ashburton mate ;)

jester

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
jester said:
Legend#1 said:
jester said:

as you were...

Too many hours up Ashburton mate ;)

that could be it. Seriously got confused, i definately need my holiday (even though i'll miss the first leg match :( )

nidza7

Established Member
jester said:
Legend#1 said:
jester said:

as you were...

get some sleep mate! :D

spec. if you work tomorrow.

I`m off too.

otfgoon

Established Member
just came here to tell you guys about the Fran possibly playing tomorrow, looks like iv been beaten to it.

divanorum

Its an Arsenal XI v Boreham Wood just a friendly for reserves and kiddies probably. Illiasu or whatever his name is could well play as well I guess

I love Pascal Cygan.

Legend#1 said:

Good stuff.

I know none of us have seen him.

I know he's been hyped up to the stars and back.

But nonetheless, I'm still pleased about this news.

I don't know why but I just am.

Perhaps in 3 or 4 years time we'll know just how significant this signing is for the Arsenal Football Club.

I love Pascal Cygan.

otfgoon said:
indeed, I feel sorry for the lad, way too much expectation placed on him.

Perhaps.

Here's a quote from Guillem Balague on Merida:

People say he is a midfield playmaker in the Ronaldinho mould but I would say more a mixture of Lampard and Motta. Merida has been with Barcelona since he was 11. But Arsenal used a loophole to sign Fabregas in September 2003, and they ended up with the new pearl of Barca. Merida grew disillusioned with the lack of interest in his future and decided to stay away from training since August 11, citing 'personal reasons'. There are other special talents in the Barcelona camp, like Bojan Krikic for instance, so it is a shame they haven't done more to keep them.

So what are people expecting of him?

I'll be happy for him to fade into relative obscurity in the Arsenal reserves for a couple of years until Wenger decides he's ready.

Btw, I say the same thing about Rooney when he puts on an England shirt. At least Merida doesn't have the hopes of a nation on his shoulder. Yet :)

Spec

With the news that Merida is finally going to play for us tomorrow, I've decided to compile a song which summarises all of the last 19 pages....
(To the tune of ye olde Paddy Vieira song)

Merida,Whaaaoooooo,
Merida,Whaaaoooooo,
I've seen him on youtube,
But when's he gonna move?

Merida,Whaaaoooooo,
Merida,Whaaaoooooo,
I've heard he's gone to court,
"But I can't give away my source"

Merida,Whaaaoooooo,
Merida,Whaaaoooooo,
He'll play tomorrow night,
Let's hope he isn't sh*te.

----------------------------------

But seriously ,her's a song that can be used for him.(To the same tune)

Merida,Whaaaoooooo,
Merida,Whaaaoooooo,
He came here from Barca,
He p*ssed off Laporta.

Legend#1

Established Member
sn196 said:
Source??

There has been nothing on the official site.

They're not going to hype up the appearance of a 17 year old against Borehamwood on the website are they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom