• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

France - Under-achieving ?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Everyone goes on and on about who the best player in the world is ... Henry or Zidane ?? Well, France hav em both.

Up front, not only do they have the best striker in the world in Henry, but they have David Trezeguet - who is arguably one of the top 5 strikers in the world.

Then they have the best midfielder in the world in Zidane - and the best defensive midfielder in the world in Vieira and i dont think you can argue that.

As if having Vieira and Zidane wasnt enough - they also have Robert Pires - one of the best wingers on the planet. And Makalele may not have the star status of Trezeguet, Zidane, Henry, Pires or Vieira, but to have him in front of your back 4 will probarly guarentee you frequent clean sheets.

In defence - I think Thuram has done more than enough to prove that he's one of the best defenders around. Gallas is regarded as one of the best young defenders in the Premiership and you may hate Silvestre coz he's a manc - but you cant say you wouldnt want him in your defence. Also, after Roberto Carlos - i think Lizarazu is the best left sided defender in the world.

You may not agree with how i rate some of the players - but i do think that individually - this is the best team in the world. So why are they not proving that to us ??? Why did they just keep on attacking the same ways over and over again against England ??? Shouldnt a team as big as them have other ways to score than to just give the ball to the flanks ???

I do think they are under-achieving. Personally, i think its just that they cant seem to find a quality coach who knows how to manage a team as big as this.

What do you think ?

brianfrance

Established Member
They just need to be more determined, and forgot 2002
Lizarazu was poor yesterday - I hope he won't be in the next matches.
Zizou is the world's best - Henry need to be decisive as ZZ is in the REAL matches to be the world's best.
Viera is the world best, and I really don't care who play beside him in the middle - Makelele, Pedretti or Dacourt are 3 great players and the level is near the same, maybe just more experience for Makelele.
Trez is one of the best stikers around - Pires one of the best wingers around - Thuram, Silvestre and Gallas are in the top 10 defenders in the world - Rothen has one of the best european left feet

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the thing with France is that their defence is more suspect than the rest of their team.. and Bobby has trouble adjusting to the right side... he is still effective, but to be used to his full potential, he needs more of a free role on the left to link up with TH... put Zizou on the right and he will still be as effective and let Bobby be MORE effective, taking some of the pressure off Zizou while making TH more effective and also Trez more effective....

thegame24

Established Member
Exactly USA

ive been saying this for ages months before euro started

Fact is santini is a clown

What kind of manager just stands there watching his team loose and play the same attack over and over?

Santini, Houllier part deux.

EJub

France has won their last two matches in the Euro competition when they were down in the 88th minute on both occasions.

It would be good for France to put a stamp of confidence on their next game with a convicing win, something like 3-nil would do it.

Sammer

Established Member
Santini´s line up was questionable and he should learn from it.

I was actually surprised to see that France has a defense-problem - Silvestre is a hazard and Lizarazu is out of form.

Sagnol needs to start against Croatia and Switzerland with Gallas moving to CB.

Biggus

Established Member
Fact is santini is a clown

Agreed, and hes not commited and dosent giveashit as hes proven by going to the spuds. It must be hard for the players working with a ****like that. But I think France will be there or thereabouts in the end.

Biggus

Established Member
And might I add... thegame24 I must congratulate Greece on some well overdue success that the Greek people deserve for their love of the beautiful game :mrgreen:

Aussie

Established Member
Its a good sign when you play well below your best however are still winning. It was like us a few times, we didnt play that well but we still won. And just like us they will go into top gear and produce some of the best football you will ever see.

jc8gooner

Now that England are out, thanks to Becks' incompetence, I'm 100% behind France now. I really hope that Pires, Henry, Vieira and co win the Euro's. Rather tham than Portugal that's for sure. Cmon France!

A

Anonymous

Sammer said:
Santini´s line up was questionable and he should learn from it.

I was actually surprised to see that France has a defense-problem - Silvestre is a hazard and Lizarazu is out of form.

Sagnol needs to start against Croatia and Switzerland with Gallas moving to CB.

Santini is another SVEN. Unable to drop the out of form players and gel the cream of the world players.

Needs to drop Henry or Trez for Saha to add extra pace.

By the way, sagnol is out of turno for breaking his arm. Are you watching the games?

Jkreffer

Established Member
I dunno if they have underachieved. They are still in the competition, but i think that they can go up a level when it matters.

Gurgen

Established Member
Yeah let's drop Henry (the fastest player in the world) for EXTRA pace.

Sometimes I wonder whether you read your posts before you click the allmighty submit button shark :lol:

Gooner_Milton

fvck Santini.

why did insist on playing Silvestre/Trezeguet when they're obviously not in form.

piss off, pack your bags straight away and go to the ****.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom