• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie to make way for Reyes?

goonerlove

Freddie is exactly the type of player that works well in Wenger's system with Henry (and now Reyes/Bergkamp) up top.

He works his butt off.. makes great runs to give Henry targets and he gets back to help defensively. He can score well in the box (as shown by his latest FA Cup performance AND not to mention that today's goal by Tarnat would have been by Ljungberg since he forced the issue with his good run to the far post).

Freddy has been hurt and he has even acknowledged that AW has asked him to play a little different role this year. I think AW learned from last year and realizes he can't have everyone pushing forward ALL the time).

If you don't recognize how good and how important Freddy is (given how well he fits in with this team), then I don't think you understand football as well as you think you do and you certainly don't understand AW.

Goonerlove

Anders Limpar

I'm getting fed up with all this whining about Freddie being this and being that. Although he's well defended in this thread I need to make another contribution:

Yesterday Freddie played despite his rib injury and was only taken off after having another tough knock on his ribs.

If Freddie is somewhere near fit to play Wenger plays him, that is how much he rates him. So to the one's who doesn't agree with me and Wenger I only say tough luck!! Go and whine somewhere else...

Gunner Ossie

Anders Limpar

You sound like a spoilt little child, who throws a tantrum just because other people dont necessarily agree with what you think.

Other people are entitled to their opinion and if they think freddie is not as good as you do then so be it.

Telling people to do somewhere else just because they disagree with you is just so damn childish.

Just bear in mind opions are there to be changed

Anders Limpar

No, I disagree...

...what I've come to learn after visiting this site and others is that the Arsenal fan (not all but a big number) is a nagging and whining bore!! Especially the young ones who think Arsenal always has been what it is today! Of course everyone has the right to their opinion, as do I remember! But reading every weak in and out about who should replace Freddie is so fruitless when Wenger, the man who made us greater than ever before, in every team selection prove his belief in him!

Shouldn't it be more interesting to try to learn more about the game so you start to understand why Freddie and the others are used instead??

And I don't think it's wrong that someone tells you to get your boots on and support the team instead of whining around. But I rather see you whining about me so here you go then:

:twisted: :twisted: Sod off :twisted: :twisted:

goonerlove

You tell him Anders!

:lol:

Freddy is one of my favorite players and in my humble opinion one of the 5-6 most important players on the team.

AW has said that what Arsenal most wants from Reyes is GOALS and it is also pretty apparent that our striker situation is changing dramatically over the next few months/year. Reyes was brought in as a striker, not a midfielder.

The fact that Reyes can play Freddy's or Bobby's position is just gravy because it gives us more flexibility to rest people, especially when they are playing injured...

Goonerlove

reggiepaul

Anders Limpar said:
No, I disagree...

...etc etc - over and over and over again
:twisted: :twisted: Sod off :twisted: :twisted:

Me too. It makes me wonder what people actually expect from Arsenal and how they react to the team. Every team has crap players. Chelsea has a team of over priced nobodies and they do total ****e in my opinion. We work impressively as a team and Freddie is so integral in our attack you must be blind or can't read the sign at spec savers for all the special offers in the window - to think that Freddie isn't good enough.

Saying all that though, that post about terraces, maradonna and LOTR and stuff still made me laugh - :lol:

rachael-8

freddie has been great recently he's one of my favourite players and just because he doesn't score goals week in week out doesnt mean he isnt working his butt off,remember that article about the chip been put in his boot,what was it 10.8 seconds stood still in a game,shows how much work he does

i am totally behind freddie~
reyes is better play up front, this left winger become striker convertion will be very similiar with henry's one, wasn't he playing on the left at juve?

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom