• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Lets be honest, Freddie has only ever had one good season, and he was only productive in that cos he had pace and players like Pires and Bergkamp supplying him. He doesnt fit in with our style of play anymore.

Artillero

You cant blame Freddie for wanting to stay. He might not be what he used to be but a good squad player and we cant get rid of all our experience. I just wish we kept more of Pires, Lauren ect.

j'nuh

Lord Dula said:
Lets be honest, Freddie has only ever had one good season, and he was only productive in that cos he had pace and players like Pires and Bergkamp supplying him. He doesnt fit in with our style of play anymore.

How hard have you been hitting the crack pipe? One good season?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
number_0 said:
Lord Dula said:
arsenal_hleb said:
number_0 said:
I hope he changes his game like the way Ryan giggs did at Manu.
he would be a great leader for us.
wake up lad.

it will never happen. giggs always had the speed to beat players.

Also Giggs has tremendous balance and can drop his shoulder and fox a defender - Freddie cannot and has not ever been able to do that.

i didnt mean improve his pace, because that is gone, i meant impoving other aspects of his game, like set piece taking(which is good btw) or his overroll defending and disturbution
pace cant be improved. nobody can improve pace unless they are young enough.

if he is to improve, overall defending and distribution will not make him a better player. he is a winger and he needs to improve what he is now weak at to make him a effective winger, not another aspect like defending and distribution. is he dosent have pace, at least have the cross, the movement, the shots. he has none to be honest.

his set piece taking is not good. its decent only. there are quite a lot of players in arsenal that is better than him in set piece. there is not much freddie can improve. lets face it. either you sell him or persist with him. if he is lucky, he might get a few good games for you next season or a few goals. nothing more tbh. rather than him wasting our wages and squad space, i would rather sell him when he is worth more now than next season. then buy someone to replace him. that will be better for us and better for him, at a more suitable club for him to flourish.

our football is so technical that when you are not good enough you will suffer here. if he is at other clubs, he might still be first choice.

Giggs's peaking again last season was not luck. He worked hard and took good care of himself. He hired a yoga trainer to prolong his playing career. He took those extra miles just to win more honours. I wonder what Freddie has done to himself in the last season. To me, his limb movement just looks more and more rigid. Not to mention the frequent snaps on his hamstring. Freddie has past it and he should accept that. The club has been good and patient enough to him. Time for him and the team to move on, in seperate ways, I reckon.
giggs was always going to be able to improve. he has a good final ball and have pace to beat players. it was 2 different case between him and freddie.

way too harsh tbh.

j'nuh

arsenal_hleb said:
he dosent have pace, at least have the cross, the movement, the shots. he has none to be honest

You'd struggle to find a winger the world with better off the ball movement than Freddie. The problem is that recently he has lacked the fitness to make the most of the situations he gets into. Freddie always carves himself out chances, given that he is sourrounded by playmakers (which is never going to be an issue as long is Wenger is around) whether hes playing well or not. Its why hes such a valuable asset.

The ignorance of Freddies qualities on here is symptomatic of the amount of people on here who only started supporting us during the unbeaten season.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
arsenal_hleb really likes to have a go at the real arsenal people including ljungberg.....how about asking your friend hleb to get rid of the journeyman that lingers in his body and unleash the gunner in him we saw during the CL run in 2006...how can you critise a man who has done so much for us all these years and has been here for 10 years....ok hes been injured a lot these last two seasons but for what hes done for arsenal ill give him all the reprieve, dont you remember those goals he got up liverpool,juve.chelsea etc...wheres you soul mate. where is it???

True Gooner

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Freddie wants to stay - oh boy this summer just gets worse and worse.

I suppose we'll still have the comedy factor that are his stepovers amuse us, but as much as I like a giggle I wouldnt want the club paying out £70k a week for it.

At least someone wants to stay - refreshing I guess :roll:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
j'nuh said:
arsenal_hleb said:
he dosent have pace, at least have the cross, the movement, the shots. he has none to be honest

You'd struggle to find a winger the world with better off the ball movement than Freddie. The problem is that recently he has lacked the fitness to make the most of the situations he gets into. Freddie always carves himself out chances, given that he is sourrounded by playmakers (which is never going to be an issue as long is Wenger is around) whether hes playing well or not. Its why hes such a valuable asset.

The ignorance of Freddies qualities on here is symptomatic of the amount of people on here who only started supporting us during the unbeaten season.
your living in the past tbh. freddie movement is not as good as you have said. he was perfect in the past where bergkamp and everyone pick out his movement. around last season and this season somewhere he has lost it. his movement is either not picked up or he ran the wrong way.

even if his movement is there but its not coordinated with the team its practically useless. face it dude, he offers us nothing. what other than experience and movement does he offers us? falling down, breaking our attacking play?

arsenal_hleb really likes to have a go at the real arsenal people including ljungberg.....how about asking your friend hleb to get rid of the journeyman that lingers in his body and unleash the gunner in him we saw during the CL run in 2006...how can you critise a man who has done so much for us all these years and has been here for 10 years....ok hes been injured a lot these last two seasons but for what hes done for arsenal ill give him all the reprieve, dont you remember those goals he got up liverpool,juve.chelsea etc...wheres you soul mate. where is it???
mate, watch the review videos of this and last season before criticising hleb. you are asking me where is my soul? where is yours? how could you not remember what hleb had offers us. most of our plays and moves has gone through him. he is the player who assist the assister(if you get what i mean). ah forget it.

if you look at my initial post, i pin pointed ljungberg's weakness, and what he lacks and why he is suffering here. if you count that as criticising, then fine. i reckon everyone wants the best for the club. if you want it too, we should do something. i have never ruled out ljungberg staying here and the few advantages. i just feel a new winger replacing him will be a better option.

if you are talking about loyalty and everything, then forget it. why not let our club keep everybody, since they at least done something for us. in the world everybody is moving forward. you need to be the best to win what you want. yes i know ljungberg has done alot for us, but its true he is not good enough atm. its up to wenger whether he wants to keep him. i remember the days where ljungberg is racking up double digits goals. but it will never happen again.

a.cole has done alot for us in the past, does it gives him any reprieves?

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Artillero said:
You cant blame Freddie for wanting to stay. He might not be what he used to be but a good squad player and we cant get rid of all our experience. I just wish we kept more of Pires, Lauren ect.
I don't 70 k per week lots of time off, feck he would be nuts to want to leave. :lol:

Glovegun

Established Member
Comparing Freddie to Giggs is a little unfair. Giggs is one of the best wingers in living memory, the guy is simply outstanding. Freddie was a guy who fitted very well into a certain system and style of playing football. And our style of play has changed a lot - it's slower, less physical and more touches.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
j'nuh said:
arsenal_hleb said:

No the ignorance of Freddie's "qualities" is symptomatic of the fact that people are now paying 45 quid for a seat and expect to see proper quality on show.

Dula may have been a tad OTT in the one good season assertion, but he wasn't far off- why is it when anyone wants to back Freddie up that 2002 is the magic number trotted out? Have you people not realised that was five years, yes one half of a whole decade, ago? What's he done since 2002 and why are you more bothered about 2002 than the last 3 years?

otfgoon

Established Member
To be fair Freddie played a large part in the 03/04 season too.

His movement and work rate is still great, the problem is his first touch, his finishing, the amount of runs he makes in a game, have deteriated significantly. He did impress me for a while after coming back from injury but then it quickly droped back down to average.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
j'nuh said:
arsenal_hleb said:

your living in the past tbh. freddie movement is not as good as you have said. he was perfect in the past where bergkamp and everyone pick out his movement. around last season and this season somewhere he has lost it. his movement is either not picked up or he ran the wrong way.

even if his movement is there but its not coordinated with the team its practically useless. face it dude, he offers us nothing. what other than experience and movement does he offers us? falling down, breaking our attacking play?

mate, watch the review videos of this and last season before criticising hleb. you are asking me where is my soul? where is yours? how could you not remember what hleb had offers us. most of our plays and moves has gone through him. he is the player who assist the assister(if you get what i mean). ah forget it.

if you look at my initial post, i pin pointed ljungberg's weakness, and what he lacks and why he is suffering here. if you count that as criticising, then fine. i reckon everyone wants the best for the club. if you want it too, we should do something. i have never ruled out ljungberg staying here and the few advantages. i just feel a new winger replacing him will be a better option.

if you are talking about loyalty and everything, then forget it. why not let our club keep everybody, since they at least done something for us. in the world everybody is moving forward. you need to be the best to win what you want. yes i know ljungberg has done alot for us, but its true he is not good enough atm. its up to wenger whether he wants to keep him. i remember the days where ljungberg is racking up double digits goals. but it will never happen again.

a.cole has done alot for us in the past, does it gives him any reprieves?

i respect you post bruv but freddie is still an overall impact player than hleb ...... hleb is a world class dribbler and passer but thats about it ....he lacks confidence and is not aggressive but i really hope hleb does well next season because hes a great player and imo during patches this season, first couple months and bolton away and especially our CL run in 06, he was the closet thing to zidane....
i really dont think hleb realises how good of a footballer he is, but still that dark omen inside him holds him back hhaa
and for freddie, he has lost a lot of pace but for hes still the man...his movement is perfect and his impact on games even when hes not playing well....he still is effective...man u away, blackburn, Sp**s home and away(league) bolton away...what a goal.....you gotta love the guy, hes genuine, he loves arsenal, hes one of us man haaaa

choi12911

Expect the 'part-time footballer, part-time model' Freddie Ljungberg to start a few games upfront now that Thierry's gone. And his step-overs alone will provide a good value for money for all our expensive tickets. There's no better comedy show in town.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Oiiii you leave freddie alone man haha
hes arsenal through and through
choi his stepovers are comedy arnt they...lets be honest freddies better without the ball now but is still one of the most effecive midfielders around with the movement

AFCG7

Established Member
Yeh..he'll grow his hair and dye it red again and return to the old Freddie. All we have to do now is get the old Bergkamp Pires Vieira Henry back and he will be banging them in again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom