• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohit

Established Member
I remember reading a good bit about Bojinov 2 seasons back, he seems to have gone of the boil though. I don't think a Ljungberg + cash for Bojinov would be bad too.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
marco said:
burnsjed said:
It was noticeable while watching a compliation of Freddie's goals on youtube yesterday, how many incredible assists the Dutch Master had.
I always used to say that Freddie was pretty useless unless he had Bergie playing with him, no disprespect to Freddie, just that Dennis had the vision to utilise him.

yep definitely.
the move vs juve epitomises that.. what skill by dennis to put freddy through.
i also found he and pires didnt always play great together and there best form was when the other was injured

you joking....pires and him always played well together. pires used to set him up bare times

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If he is being pahsed out, we need another winger/striker and we nca get rid of a huge slaryfor a benchwarmer then of ocurse a talent like Bojinov would be welcome

_scorpion_

Established Member
No time for sentiment.

If Henry can be shown the door , I have no qualms about Freddie.

Loved him when he was at his best but that was 3 years ago!

I think Arsène is clearing out the old guard to unshackle the youngsters & new additions.

M+D

Established Member
Fredrik Ljungberg is close to agreeing a £5.5m move to Fiorentina - although there is a major stumbling block over the Arsenal midfielder's wages. The 30-year-old Swedish international has been told he can leave, after nine years at the club, but the Italians do not want to pay the £70,000 a week he earns at the Emirates.

They are prepared to pay a straight transfer fee for Ljungberg after initially offering the Danish defender Per Kroldrup in exchange. However, Arsenal are believed to have indicated they had little interest in the former Everton player. As part of the negotiations it's understood that Fiorentina, whose delegation arrived in London on Monday, are trying to negotiate sponsorship deals to try and make the four-year contract they are offering more attractive to Ljungberg.

The Swede, who was offered to West Ham United in January, is keen on a move to Italy if he leaves Arsenal where his first-team opportunities have become limited.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football ... 758771.ece

choi12911

Nobody in the right ****ing mind would give us cash + Bojinov. They all know Ljungberg's injury history and his 2 goals in 2 seasons. We should just be thankful somebody is willing to give us a sizable transfer fee and take him off on our wage budget. Please Freddie, go.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
now man city want freddie for 6 million pounds, maybe wengers looking to offload freddie first before sorting out other transfers
are we that ****ing broke...its looking disgusting now ffs!!!

thegame24

Established Member
If we keep going the way we are we will still be on a profit.

We also have that 40 million kity from loans

I reckon that should be used on two star signings if possible

yankeegooner

thegame24 said:
If we keep going the way we are we will still be on a profit.

We also have that 40 million kity from loans

I reckon that should be used on two star signings if possible

40 mill from loans? Is that the refinancing of the loans, is that what you mean? At least this summer, we are spending/recruiting early, unlike leaving it late last year with Beast/Gallas/denilson at the close of the window.

thegame24

Established Member
eldeman mentioned that we have a set 40 million or something like that.

so far all out transfers are from money recieved

yankeegooner

thegame24 said:
eldeman mentioned that we have a set 40 million or something like that.

so far all out transfers are from money recieved

Given the limited spending over the last few years, I think it has to be one of two things:
- The board is bluffing, or exaggerating, so that no one will be quite aware of our tenuous financial state
- Wenger doesn't like to spend big dollars on transfers, preferring to recruit large #'s of startlets/prospects/unknowns, and the occassional big-money recruit (reyes, wiltord, etc.).

Don't you think it has to be one or the other? I would go for the former, and would be in favor of Kroenke coming in to put us on sound financial footing, but every year we hear we have money to spend, so it's hard to tell...

One thing that suggests the latter though is that we are so bad at optimizing the "cash-outs" on our sales. Paddy, Henry, Lauren, Campbell, Pires all left for less than had been rumored at certain points,. which could suggest that we weren't looking to sell them for monetary reasons primarily.

Back to the thread subject, the rumors over Freddie have been for more than fair market value, in my opinion.

Grampus_Eight

I don't think this will cause Fiorentina to up their offer.

The stumbling block there are Freddie's wages. That probably wouldn't be much of a problem at City with Sven and Thaskin in charge.

If he wants to stay on those wages, he'll go to City or refuse a move altogether.

Between City and Fiorentina there is no comparison in sporting terms.

And Manchester or Florence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom